Your dynamic infantry rendering solution hit critical mass last night.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Flarestar, Nov 28, 2012.

1. ApexAZ

Good!
  2. Kenny007

Continued to be affected by this at in last nights huge Waterson/Tumas battle. It was pretty amusing to find the line that enemy infantry would pop in and out from. I was no longer able to cover the doors, but rather had to cover a few feet inside the building where infantry would likely pop in.

Strangely enough though, I did get sniped a lot while on the second floor balcony, by snipers that apparently didn't render (kill screen shows no silhouette) and the only angle they would have had on me would have been from outside of either doorway, an area I mentioned wouldn't draw. Frustrating to say the least.
  3. Bravesteel

I am on Jaeger and last night there was a large fight around the bio-dome near the TR warpgate on Ameris. It was frustrating being an infiltrator and not being able to get into a good position to fire from because if I did, I couldn't see the enemy on the flight deck and near the doors because they wouldn't render. Yet once I moved closer I could fire at them but they could easily fire on me. I couldn't use my ability to fight at range, thus rendering (ha!) my infiltrator with sniper rifle mostly useless.
  4. Avallac

Bump, lets keep the thread up until its fixed to make sure they don't forget.
  5. WardenSco

Had this last night on Esamir, couldn't see anyone so I flanked round them and got to a point (almost directly opposite the NC line) and every TR drew for me.
  6. Warlyik

Honestly this makes playing a Sniper/Infiltrator an utterly pointless lesson in frustration.

Not only do we have to deal with lagging players from a distance, but we can't see 10m in front of us in large battles. People popping in and out taking shots at us, getting shot by people we can't see, etc.

The class is ******* worthless right now because as soon as 30+ players enter a small area, we can't use our only semi-advantage - range - to our advantage. Instead, we're forced into small corridors trying to get close enough to ******* see an enemy, let alone shoot at one.
  7. Ryloxx

Posted this in the other thread by accident.

I played earlier today at prime time, there were probably 100 people in a small cluster. It could have been more I couldn't tell, because nothing rendered beyond 5 meters. That isn't an exaggeration either. Zero lag but you can't even see the friendlies who are fighting beside you. Guess they got 1 out of 2 there.
  8. Avallac

9. maxkeiser

I had this problem on Esamir (Woodman) last night as well. I turned up at the Tech plant and thought there weren't many friendlies around. I then take a step (literally a couple of feet) forward and roughly 20-30 friendly infantry pop into existence right next to me!!!
  10. maxkeiser

Surprised more people are commenting on this thread. It's one of the most important issues.
  11. Avallac

Bump. Had it happen twice yesterday, very annoying. Had to fly just above the trees in a lib to make infantry render.
  12. Vixus

13. Nammyung

I really hope this gets fixed soon. Can't play a shooter with draw distance at 5 feet.
  14. talmaru

Yea this is becoming a serious issue with more organised outfits
    During almost every fight NNG vs TE the draw distance drops to 10 feet and the game turns into who can spam more grenades or suicide C4 light assaults.

Literally standing on the balcony above the rear doors to the tech plant infantry were not rendering untill they were inside the door and halfway across the room.
  15. treeHamster

Tech plants can literally be taken if you can get a group of ~50 players to stand side by side and walk as a group. Because there are too many in one place all at once, you could literally walk in without ever being rendered and take the base without a single shot fired. I call this a CRIPPLING problem not serious problem. It would give any large group of super organized people an unbeatable advantage (even better than hacking).

Fix the game and if your computer isn't good enough to play this game, update it or go play BF3/CoD:BO2 because this game can't be played with dynamically rendered based upon population density. My computer meets the minimum reqs and I built it for $600 over 16 months ago. In terms of computer gaming, that's called a stone-age build. When PS1 came out, $600 (which was worth a LOT more then than it is now) was called a budget PC and didn't last you more than 1 year after you built it. So don't complain if your $450 store bought computer isn't good enough. This is PC gaming, not console, the financial requirements are much higher.
  16. Badmethod

Very much the same experience here. back when we were all on dial up internet i would expect this sort of thing. Can anyone tell me exactly why this has to be the way it is? Granted I haven't read the entire thread, (working on it now) but if this is so hard to pull off then why present us with combat on such a massive scale and then remove most of the war?
  17. legendarysoup

I would like to add my 2 cents, last night it was literally unplayable. Every tech plant or Bio dome were packed with people, the rendering distance was so low, it was unplayable. I would literally see enemy and friendly pop 2 feet in front of me, I would start shooting, they would step away 2 feet and disappear...it was REALLY bad...

I can understand the rendering distance at a certain distance, but this? comon, you couldn't even see people 2 feet in front of you, that's just plain bad game design imo...
  18. Jin Shepard

I bought a mount sub before this weekend, I wish I didn't, the games draw distance is so bad, I cant believe they released it, I am flying, being shot at, no fire trails, nothing on my screen, boom dead. I am fighting as infrantry, I know the enemie is only 10 meters away from me, but I cant see them, move in closer, pop dead.

Shooting in my tank, I know they are there, again can't see them.

How can you play a FPS with such horrific draw distance??? HOW!!!!
  19. KoSGunny

I'm laughing. Do you know why?

Because screaming over and over again will not make people stop commenting any faster. Actually, it's gotten MORE comments, much faster. You are not only an active hypocrite, but you're helping yourself lose your own little argument.
  20. Big Cyz

This garbage is really frustrating, making major choke points like The Crown on Indar virtually unplayable...

The only workaround is to avoid high pop areas, which directly counters what the main appeal of this game is....