Your Accuracy

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by salembeats, Apr 5, 2014.

1. reydelchicken

Just gave this thing a try... and damn it gets a bit crazy quickly.
    [IMG]
    Not sure if this relates much to my accuracy ingame.
  2. salembeats

So far, the people who have posted their scores have above-average scores for both the Aimbooster challenge and Planetside in-game infantry accuracy.

I'm not sure how it relates either -- it's the purpose of this thread to find out!

There's a shared requirement of general hand-mouse-eye coordination, response time, and target prioritization between Aimbooster and Planetside, regardless of their differences.
  3. Leftconsin

I'll try it tomorrow when I'm not tired. I think this will end up revealing I'm way worse than I think I am, and I already think I'm bottom 10%.
  4. salembeats

Yeah, you have to be in an optimal state to get optimal results.
    Of course, this is the same for Planetside, or anything else for that matter.

My best score was early-morning, around an hour after drinking half a pot of coffee, with good sleep and good hydration the night before.

In testing average computer users with Aimbooster, I find that anything above 20 seconds is "above average". Around 30 seconds seems to be a fairly common "best" time for a PC gamer.
  5. Stromberg

the sensor. my G700 was basically broken. it simply skipped a lot of dots. putting it on 1600dpi for e.g. would end up being only 1000dpi if you measured it. and also it had heavy jittering while moving fast. the pic shows it. both lines are drawn with a very fast movement of the mouse. upper line is the deathadder and the lower one is the g700.
    also I wanted a wired mouse because of any input lag, I used the g700 wired at the end anyways. a lighter weight if possible. and an optical sensor instead of laser because of no built in acceleration and jitter in fast movement. I use a quite low sensitivity, 40cm for a 360°, which is basically 80cm if I ADS with my favorite 2x scope, so tracking fast movement properly is crucial for me.
    [IMG]
  6. Stromberg

it measures only "sanctioned" infantry weapons, but they're still quite different. e.g. both LMGs and scout rifles are sanctioned but you will end up having a much higher accuracy with a scout rifle than an LMG automatically. that leads to "bad" consistency and low grade.
  7. salembeats

Yeah, what I was thinking is that it measures standard deviation of your infantry weapons by raw accuracy percentage, when what it SHOULD be doing is measuring the standard deviation of your accuracy delta (the number that grades you on your accuracy with a particular gun relative to others who are using the same gun).

It sucks because it seems to be a stat which has some potential for insight into actual consistency, rather than simply a stat which measures whether people use a combination of LMGs and scout rifles.
  8. salembeats

Wow, that's pretty low sensitivity!

I'm on the polar opposite end of the spectrum -- I use 6.27cm/360, 1200dpi in Windows.
    It's basically set up so that the distance to swipe horizontally across my 1080p monitor corresponds to a 180 degree turn in-game.

I've tried low-sensitivity to experiment, but I could never get used to it. I've always claw-gripped or fingertip-gripped my mice, on very small and slick plastic surfaces. My thumb and pinky are both aligned horizontally with the mouse's sensor, and make contact with the lowest portion of my mouse to where they regularly brush my mousing surface.

It's great that you were able to get rid of your mouse issues with the laser! I've read about the issues with fast movement, but have only experienced very minor issues at most because of high sensitivity. I wonder how many people in PS2 use that very same mouse, it's pretty popular...
  9. -Synapse-

The fact that I shoot at things to point them out, shoot at people to suppress them, shoot at walls to draw pictures with bullet holes, shoot at aircraft to scare them off, shoot at water to look at the ripples, and shoot and friendly Sunderers to let 'em know I need a ride, is more than enough to dilute my accuracy far beyond recovery.
  10. salembeats

This is a bad habit -- It this type of habit that leads to my being TKd by two friendlies in my combat flash cuz, ya know, they wanted a ride.

If they shoot me and don't end up killing me, I turn around and blow them up with my fury.

(Though from time to time, for kicks and giggles, I pick them up in take them into direct anti-vehicle combat behind enemy lines with me).
  11. NoctD

I think I might have to stop playing the game. I might be the world's lousiest shot - if I were to go by AimBooster!

Not too surprising though - I hardly think I'm a twitch type in any way, have never been one of those quick reflex types either.

I got to 0.11 - gonna have to UNINSTALL NOW! :oops:

As for mice - I'm on my 3rd Deathadder now, 2nd one went on me last night with the left click - tried to fire and it wouldn't fire, I was wondering if they had introduced some new kind of bug into the game but that seemed so odd, so after bailing since I couldn't shoot, I figured out it was the mouse. Lasted a little over a year - I bought that 2 year replacement thing so just had to get a new one from the store (one of those times those replacement deals is worthwhile).
  12. vanu123

My accuracy is like 9% because of repair tools, w/o repair tool I avg between 20-40 percent on the weapon. For example I have a 20% accuracy w/ the pulsar C, and have a 32 % with the ghost, and a 43-45% accuracy with the thanatos and the S1
  13. Stromberg

heuheuheuheu
    [IMG]
  14. DrPapaPenguin

I think I'll quote the Ork Shoota squad from DoW 2: "Aiming? Wutz dat?" To answer the question.
  15. Zorro

My aim has never been amazing, but I have improved. Playing a fast-paced shooter is generally a more fun way of improving one's aim.
  16. Stromberg

or to completely ruin it because you don't aim any more but just strafe and run into enemies "aiming" with your keyboard and not actually aiming with the mouse.
    CQC is bad for aiming, true story!