Your Accuracy

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by salembeats, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Stromberg

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. salembeats

Woot!

Good job.

I see you were starting to lose it around 35-45 seconds and bolstered your focus to push for a better score. :D
  3. salembeats

Yay, new PR for me! :D

Really felt that I could extend it to 1:10+ if I hadn't made just one misfire that got me behind and overwhelmed a bit.
  4. salembeats

The game starts at about 2 targets/minute.

Over the course of a minute, the speed increases at approximately 1 target/minute.

This custom setting is the rate they show up right before the world-record level of 2 minutes:
    http://aimbooster.com/s/yOWE2Mz

At 3 minutes, it would be like this:
    http://aimbooster.com/s/kNWNiOT

And at 4 minutes, it would be like this:
    http://aimbooster.com/s/zYzc0Mj
  5. Stigma

I think ingame accuracy stats accuracy has a lot more to do with playstyle than raw "aiming skill". I'm not saying that there isn't such a thing as just being real good at aiming, because that is surely a factor, but it's not going to be consistent unless all players use the same playstyle and/or the same playstyle on different guns.

I consider myself above average at "raw aim" but I still have some guns that have a pretty poor average accuracy stats on them, and that usually has a lot more to do with the fact that on some guns I can spray liberally (or even supress/waste shots on purpose) while other guns either rely on stealth/alphastrike/surprise or simply have too few bullets to make a lot of misses acceptable.

My T9 carv is probably a good example. With 100 bullets in the mag I don't really care if I waste 50 of them to kill someone at extreme range by hosing them down until eventually I get enough lucky hits to down them - or "wasting" a whole mag at suppressing some doorway to delay the enemy and/or possibly get a free kill in the process. Meanwhile my KSR-35 or commisioner are good examples of weapons where you don't get much leeway for misses, and therefore the accuracy stats on those guns tends to be a lot higher because I don't take the shot until I have a good bead on the target. Individual playstyles vary a lot too. Some people never fire until they have an almost guaranteed kill, while others won't mind taking sloppy shots at first sight of the enemy even if it doesn't end up killing them in that first magazine. Both playstyles have their benefits and one isn't inherently "better" than the other, but the accuracy stats can vary a lot between two players who can be said to be equally powerful.

I think you have to look at all the various stats of a gun to get a decent idea of how well it is being used. accuracy, KDR, KPH, HSR is something you have to evaluate together to get a good picture. Das Anfall's stats site is my go-to if I ever need to look at those sorts of stats :)

-Stigma
  6. GoEErs

What you just said means absolutely nothing to me. I'm not sure if that's good or bad yet.:confused:
  7. salembeats

All of the technical jargon aside, what it basically means is that there are specific "soft" skills that transfer from one activity to another related one.

One of these "soft skills" with computer gaming is hand-mouse-eye coordination -- whether moving a cursor on a 2d plane, or rotating a viewpoint in a 3d world.

Every person I've found on YouTube with an Aimbooster Challenge Score of 1 minute or longer seems to be a dedicated gamer, with some genuinely impressive FPS gameplay montages.
  8. GoEErs

I got it. I knew you were trying to make a correlation between something. Thanks
  9. IPLAYTF2

40-42% infantry accuracy on all factions and i'm pretty bad at this. being good at this won't make you better at fps games. frostikens post from page 1 nailed it.
  10. Surmise

40+ % accuracy in PS2 is achievable if:
    • you shoot from spawn or teleporter room in a 48+ fight where you are using medium-high rpm full automatic weapon and there are many retrded targets humping the spawn/tp shields
    • you were shooting MAXes when they were gettng repairs lol, easy accuracy padding but tedious probably one of biggest reasons you have that much
    • more than 80percent of your fights are in highly defendable bases where there is a lot of close quarters, easy to get kills, easy to pad accuracy in close quarters
    • all your engagements were at 15metres with 20 at most, this is the biggest reason of having that much accuracy.
    • you dont shoot enemies at range because if you did, your accuracy would drop extremely fast by at least 7-10% because of horizontal recoil which cant be controlled
    in shortyour accuracy and kills per min are padded, biggest reason is shooting from spawn/teleporter room, bio lab kills on mindless rushing low BRs and quitting the game where there are bad fights plus connery is highest populated server with highest amount of noobs/low br casual players making all that easy.
    also yeah that may be true, having good score in that game doesnt make your accuracies very good but it can improve your aim in some points.

P.S.; im not saying your aim is bad, far from that its high end obviously but most of your 'big stats' were padded, no medium to long range shooting you played like robot mate =)
  11. Stromberg

Just replaced my old Logitech G700 with the Razer DeathAdder 2013 and was immediately able to beat my old record of 58k at aim400kg.ru. 63k from third try! jeez, I love this thing, too bad it only has two thumb buttons.
  12. Posse

I definitely agree, not only because of what Frostiken mentioned (about your whole field of view moving and not hitting static stuff) but also because the area in that aimbooster thing is much smaller, catering for a different sensitivity configuration than whatever you normally use for shooters.
  13. salembeats

I've got a Logitech G600.

I used to have a Razer Naga, and had it crap out on me with double-click issues after about a year and a half. Cleaned it out and got it working for another couple of months before the problems started to come up again.

I'm spoiled on the 12 side buttons. :D
    I use them for productivity in addition to gaming, so it'd be tough to give them up.
  14. Stromberg

yeah, apparently razer have the left-click problem on all their mice after some time. saw a dude posting you gotta lift the cover and look for a notch on the actual button switch. if you fill it up with sth hard like superglue the left-click should work again.
  15. salembeats

Do you attribute it to a better sensor? Better ergonomics? More enthusiasm?

All of the above?
  16. salembeats

While I've got you here on the "Accuracy" thread...

Any idea what the "Consistency" stat value on your outfit's stat page *actually* tracks?

Is it the difference in delta values for your lowest accuracy grade weapon and highest accuracy grade weapon?

It has always mystified me, as it remains one of the stats where high-grade players get an "F" or "D" grade... Consistently (no pun intended).

The tool tip isn't very informative: "Consistency is a measure of how close your accuracies are to each other".
  17. blag

Accuracy in this game is next to meaningless except for snipers.

The shields everyone has combined with the wonky netcode means the most important thing isn't where you shoot someone, but how many times.
  18. Posse

I'd think it's the standard deviation of the accuracy of your weapons from your average accuracy, or something like that, I don't really pay attention to that one stat.
  19. salembeats

That's... basically... what accuracy measures...

o_O
  20. salembeats

If that's what it means, then it seems that it'd be a useless stat -- it'd reflect the difference in the types of guns you use and not much else.

If it was measuring a standard deviation of your accuracy delta instead, it might be... sorta... meaningful. I guess I'll just assume that my "Consistency" of "F-" isn't a bad thing as long as my accuracy is "M++".