Yeah, the Lib is overpowered....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rivenshield, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Sebyos

Fine the first 100 played Lib and a lot of things, I'm still sure a good chunk of his 10 K/D comes from Libs and same for a lot of top leader board players.
  2. Smaisteri

I fly Liberator A LOT and I play infantry A LOT. I've played for 124 hours so far and I've been killed by a Liberator about 4 or 5 times in the entire time of playing this game. I really dont understand the whine about it.

Why does a Liberator kill you? Maybe you dont have good enough Anti-Air defenses. One Double-Burster MAX and thats it, the Lib will run away after a few seconds. One ESF will do the job even better, Liberators have absolute zero chances fighting against an ESF alone, they NEED backup. The only thing I see wrong with the Liberator is that the Zepher could use one or two shots more to kill infantry or at least have its blast radius reduced to some degree. The Dalton is a useless piece of **** anyways that takes much longer to kill both infantry and tanks compared to the Zepher.

TL;DR
    Dont whine if you're playing infantry and dont have an AA unit or two with you. I've never had problems with any aircraft in the game because Im bringing AA with me or I play it myself, very rewarding.
    • Up x 2
  3. Rivenshield

I've never actually said this to anyone in a forum before, not that I can remember, but.... these are deliberate falsehoods. You are full of beans. Full stop.
  4. vampwood

I see no bias in this post at all, none. It really is easy to spawn camp with a lib with great results and you can generally always run away. I do to use the lib sometimes but only when its really necessary to break an attack.
    • Up x 1
  5. LameFox

What does that have to do with anything? Catching people at a terminal makes them easy prey no matter what they're buying.
  6. LameFox

Well I have no idea about his deaths or play time, but it's true a B-MAX will drive off a liberator shortly if he's not so exposed it can take him down instead, and a dalton can theoretically kill faster than a zepher but it requires very precise hits. It's basically like a tank AP cannon: lots of damage, little radius.
  7. Nakath

I love the amount of QQ from people here that have never flown a Lib for more than 10 minutes. A dual burster MAX can take down a Lib in seconds, or at least deny it from being able to sit and spam. A single decent ESF pilot will also **** up a Lib. Lightning skyguards and G2A lock on rockets are just a mild annoyance however.
    As many people have said, if there is a Lib bombing your spawn, you have zero AA or air power. Simple as that.

Though saying all that. I wouldnt mind the Bomber gun being adjusted to PS1 style; only being forward/below firing.
  8. Zotamedu

No that is an insanely stupid mechanic. Only bullets should lose power at a distance. Bombs and rockets do damage by an explosive charge. So that means that the built in explosive is deteriorating very fast which makes no sense. It's silliness like that that makes the lock on AA launcher pretty useless since the rocket has magically lost all damage as it reaches the aircraft.

The problem of liberator spam can be solved with two easy solutions.
    1, make sure liberators can be reached from the ground even at the sky ceiling. That way they can't just hover and kill everything where they can't be reached.
    2, Redesign the bases. Some small changes will make it a lot harder to spam the spawn with HE rounds. The towers are a great example. Put a freaking wall opposite the exits from the spawn room. Then put a couple of those nice blast shields outside the right and left exit so you do not have a clear line of sight to shoot through that way. Three small walls and the towers are much harder to lock down. The smaller spawn shacks needs an overhang over the door and some other changes to make it a lot harder to drive up a tank with direct access. It's often quite small changes that needs to be done.
  9. ANGER MANAGMENT BEAR

If you actually think this is true, then you're an absolute moron. A dual burster will need to reload 2 times to kill a liberator on its own, landing almost every shot. The liberator will kill the MAX in a single volley far before that happens. A single AA MAX, even 2 of them are nothing more than MAX xp bonus treats for a gunner who can aim for anything. And a single decent ESF pilot? Cool, free aircraft kill. It's not hard to hit a plane if you can aim a bomb and are not terrible.
    • Up x 1
  10. Tenzin

Want to know how I know you play Liberator more often than infantry? Statements like this.

I've tried what you're describing against a Lib. One dual-burster max will do jack ****. A dumb lib pilot would probably run away, but for the smart ones it might be possible to get it to 75% health before it kills you by simply hovering.

If you actually played you'd realize infantry fights can be ruined by a single lib spamming 6 HIGH-EXPLOSIVE rounds. If anything the Zepher should be single shot like the dalton, and the explosive radius of both should be reduced.

The lib needs a nerf. Stop blinding yourself to the fact that Infantry's only purpose in the game at this point is to be fodder for vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  11. Bejita231

All the "top" 100 players spam liberators, its not up for debate, theyve already admitted it, the charts already proved that a player spending 10% of his time in a lib will get as many or more kills as a player who spends 90% of his time as infantry

Have that same player spend 100% of his time in a lib, and you will have 10x-20x more kills than a infantry player, its simple facts, liberators were made to be farm machines and nothing more

Fix them now
    • Up x 2
  12. Bejita231

Look at the time with stat genious, Lib gunner is considerably less time played than as infantry, and just about SAME Kills, that means someone playing Lib for just a day playing casually can get as many kills as playing infantry hardcore for DAYS

And the issue isent that infantry can get kills, infantry kill infantry, so what, the problem is libs being far to spammable (3 players all spaming their libs endlessly) and them being far to easy to spawn camp people with, MOAR AIR is not the answer this is Planetside 2 not Airside 2
  13. Badname82

A liberator requires teamwork...so of course you're going to have a liberator significantly outkill lone wolfs on foot.

I've found that my dual buster max with extended clips and 4 levels in flak armor slaughters ESF...if we are going toe to toe, rockets vs burster shells...I win. Does it cost like 2k certs+1400 Space Bucks to do this? Yes. Just about what it costs to deck out a fighter or liberator.

Against liberators...it takes 2 clips of zepher if they hit me directly every shot. Typically it takes 3 clips. Thats about 15 seconds of time on target required to off me as a Max. In 15 seconds that same Liberator is 50% dead from my shooting alone. That's one person vs 2 or 3. Do the math.

If its the Dalton, its a little worse, it takes 3 direct hits to kill me, 4 with splash alone. That can be done in 10 seconds if the gunner is good.

My max is about 15% completed...and my liberator is 14%. I've seen it from both sides. Liberators are only over powered if you play solo, refuse to spawn elsewhere when getting farmed, and don't bother buying AA gear.

Simply spend as many certs on AA as a liberator owner spends on a plane, and your QQing will stop. And the arguments that AA isn't rewarding? If you play this game only to farm certs you're gonna be bored real quick. You should play this game to blow people up, to enjoy teamwork, and kick ***. Me? I find burster max very rewarding. I love popping ESF with it, and its a great feelign to kill a 3/3 liberator plus its like 1k xp currently if you pull it off.

TL-DR: Learn to Play Burster Max and invest Certs in AA. Don't expect to beat planes where the pilot has more certs spent than you do. Spend the 1.5k certs on extended clips and flak armor and grab a buddy to help.
    • Up x 1
  14. PoopMaster

Liberator hardly requires teamwork. It requires a guy to fly, so he can go away from AA. That's it. A single dual burster MAX won't do much against a lib.
  15. Badname82

It requires more than one person...if you want to call that teamwork or not, its more semantics than anything else. 2 or 3 dudes should usually trump 1 after all.

A single dual B-Max with level 4 flak and extended clips can do much against a lib. Especially with render limitations...if he can see you to hit you, you should be able to land every shot on him at that range against it's massive hit box.
    • Up x 1
  16. CDN_Wolvie

Someone gets it.

Drink in those tears.
  17. Tact

TL; did read.

You made your point in this paragraph.

Yes, if played well and supported by air and ground, a good lib crew or fighter can do well, but this is only whilst the opposing force in the area is at a disadvantage. Hell they can even do some solo stalking, but, they can only do this if met by very limited resistance.

A perfect example would be a typical unchallenged zerg, that meets a squad or two and the ever present random disorganised solo players, due in part to the main forces being tied up at crown or a large base fight. This is only made worse if people are not making use of the command channel or check the map to stay abreast of developments. So any real counter offensive or defence is left late into the zerg's life, as a result these libs and fighters remain very much un challenged.

Does that mean libs needs a nerf? No.

TL;DR = there are more factors involved in PS2 than you are giving the game credit for, AIR is by no means stronger than ground and vice versa. The strength of a operation lies in the synergy of the two in both defence and offence, on top of that you have faction organisation & teamwork. :p
  18. Keiichi25

Actually, I can see some Air Units and not hit him with Burster rounds at all, hence my bitter complaint of needing a range finder.
  19. Badname82

I will grant you that one! It is annoying that liberators can hang out at the ceiling cap and NOT be hittable by Maxes. If they fix rendering for infantry, they will need to correct that...right now it's arguably balanced (key word being arguable), but if maxes become easier to see by air then they need their reach extended.

Not sure about skyguard range limitations...haven't bought that yet.
  20. Keiichi25

I can tell you from experience, even from static turrets, there are also 'range' issues, where we can see the target far off, but it is not within effective range either, so it isn't just MAX issue, it is generally how decent of a computer you got that can render some things even farther than the effective range of the weapon at times.