XP rate for kill to low

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by faregoth, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Syylara

If 200xp/kill were the norm, people wouldn't feel as inclined to purchase a premium account or boosts.

Then the development team would get stripped down to a skeleton crew and the game would be put on 'autopilot' for eventual closure.

Then you get 0 certs ever again.
  2. The King

I've used basically default weapons, except for the 100 cert sniper bolt action rifle and the 500? cert Phantom.
    I had around 2000 certs not being used, got extended mags x2 and all sorts of stuff with my infiltrator. (I play infiltrator almost all the time)
    And now I have the SMG. Got the clip increase, supressor, and some scopes and something else just now.
    I never play the heavy, unless to use rockets. I play the LA a bit for the flying. I don't use tanks.

Thing is, I just use mostly default stuff, so it's not a P2W feeling for me.

I'm BR 34.
    At this time I have ~1300 certs.

I think the certs are just fine, at least, they are for me.
    If people aren't allowed to pay for things, it'll be hard for SOE to make money.
    Then we wouldn't have a game to play.

I did buy the anti air package. I barely use it, MAX cost too much when I need my C4, mines, and so on. lol
  3. fish998

Only because it was double XP weekend. Thinking this was the normal XP rate kinda invalidates any subsequent analysis in your post. It also suggests you've only been playing for 3 days.
  4. Ronin Oni

how about just that the base was 100 before...

the ONLY lowering of XP per kill was on SPAWN KILLING

You actually get MORE XP, like 150 or even 300 if your killed target was on a streak of some sort (based on XP so even medics who do nothing but heal + revive can net you bonus xp)

so...

how again has the average XP gain gone down?

or is it just that you only spawn camp sundy's from a zeph intentionally not killing it?
  5. Banick

I'm guessing you either spawn camp or are near a spawn exit lane. Those kills will only get you a small amount of XP.

It comes down to pure luck now for attacking and hoping you get maximum return for your kill. On the other foot, I recommend defending, most of the time, depending where you camp yourself in a Bio or what not, you can kill a target who has killed 1 or 2 of your guys. And that returns 200exp + some, and then some 20% extra for defense.
  6. Ronin Oni

You're a member...

it's 8 per day for non members
  7. Jezs

I'm not a member and get 1 cert every 2 hours, so yea
    Adds up pretty fast on 3 characters, even less of an incentive to actually play though :p
    Took me way too long to notice that you get them passively

Edit: You do have to log in every day to each character to get them though, as the other guy said
  8. Ronin Oni

I know there's passive certs...

but last I knew it was 8 per day for non member, members could get up to 12 per day.

Guess that changed
  9. faregoth

Well not really, i have been playing this game since early beta. I have always felt that the xp was a little low at 100, i dont play alot. Thier was a bug after the double xp weekend, which i didnt no about so thats why i throught that.
  10. Nepau

In all honesty I find I get More xp on average for Kills now then I did before. Pre patch a Kill was worth 100xp flat without any other bonuses, Now it is worth 100xp after a certain period of time and maxes out at 300. What really has happened is that in zerg situations where your just able to farm people who are fresh spawned you will get lower xp then before since they will be worth less, Yet in pitched battles where a persons lifespawn is longer you will tend to get More.

Honestly I like getting 600-700xp sometimes when I kill a High value target (300xp from the kill +300 from a kill streak stop is a nice reward).
  11. Arcanum

Exp gain can never ever be too high in this game. Repeat after me.

Been a long time since it got changed. I believe members get doubled or at least increased passive xp gain, but I'm not sure.