XP rate for kill to low

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by faregoth, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Lorim

Support Exp is exactly the same as it was pre-update. That increase never happened.
  2. ShumaKun

I know that, but it is still to high imo
  3. silverme

1) 200XP is not normal
    2)no $7 weapon is 'too powerful' (if it is then its balance issue not xp)
    3)if you play for free you can still get them.
    4)rocket pods give advantage over non air which where already at a disadvantage (or are you complaining that they can kill quicker then you?)
    5)12 passive per day x 100 days = 1200 without doing any thing but logging on.
    6) 'before' what? Yes SOE made no money before they started to make money.

so at 50 certs a day( 80-90 certs... about double /2=40-45 + 12 passive =52-57) that about 20 days or 3 weeks to get a $7 weapon in a game you have paid $0 for. Is that really that unfair?
    3 weeks of a game that should last 500 weeks and cost $0
  4. orthus2

how so? they do things like repair vechicles, heal/revive people, and give out ammo

if i recall ammo gives 7xp per refill, and repair gives 7xp per tick, medics get 7xp for healing and 100 for reviving (these may not be the actual numbers but they are what i usually get for xp.)

none of that is high, the only time engineers and medics get more xp than say a light assault is when they are in a team environment. which is a great way to reward working as a team
    • Up x 1
  5. siiix

yes you do, after 24 hours you get nothing, except the certs for the 1st 24 hours
  6. Lorim

Not sure on the medic ones, I usually play engineer. Ammo gives 10 XP, 15 if it's a squad mate.
  7. quicKsanD

What you need to do it get in a MAX squad. Be an engineer and follow around 2 or 3 MAXes repairing and resupplying them. That is where the real XP is.
  8. MarkAntony

What you had was double XP before the patch. 100 per kill was always the norm.
  9. Wardancer

Killing infantry should never be the main cert income, especially with hose "pointless" a kill is in planetside 2. XP should come from doing objectives and killing important targets that is Tanks, Aircraft, Sunderers. Things that do not instantly respawn. But if you want more XP buy boosters, this is a F2P yes but that does not mean you should never spend money. Quite the opposite infact. Don't be a cheapscate use stationcash to buy a weapon, buy a boooster or two.

Besides someone with unlocked weapons should not be more powerful, usually they are side-grades except for vehicles where they are often simply better or an upgrade from "nothing". But that is another problem, it has nothing to do with cert gain.
  10. Turel2

Playing as a support class will boost your XP gain.
  11. illgot

I agree which is why I don't do a lot of actual fighting.

I run around in my ESF with my Infiltrator hacking turrets and blowing up other turrets around power plants etc.

This gives me more certs than killing (about 1-2 per minute).

I'll enjoy the game once I cert out the classes I want to finish.
  12. faregoth

Kills in my opioion should get the most points overall. Alot of people hate fighting because the rates are to low. Really i wish that soe would just try a boost in xp, see the results and compate the everthing
  13. Veri

I could understand some complaints from the now generation pre-patch but now, it just doesn't make sense.

I have had over 300XP for killing one person since post patch.
    XP is far easier to get.
  14. faregoth

Well that may be true, but finding those people that give 300xp are very low
  15. Compass

Extreme Menaces are usually in vehicles. I.E. if you go HA or AA, you will find them.

For example, this Liberator gave me 2 Extreme Menace kills + the Liberator kill + the AA assists, which was nice considering I was doing a demonstration.

16. orthus2

well thanks for the fact check
  17. NeverWas

i wonder how would you feel if i let you know we used to get only 100 xp per kill before the UES.
  18. Jezs

My opinion is that they should lower the xp limits where kills increase in value and make it so base captures don't count towards it (if it does at the moment anyway), and probably make the first one be 200 xp instead of 150.
  19. SharpeShooter

:S I dont know about you but Im swimming in certs! I have over 5k certs now. https://www.dropbox.com/s/2qgvw7txba7xhzo/Screenshot.jpg

They are very easy to get I do have 100% xp boost. However, even if you don't you get a cert for every 2 kills and quite a few for large base capturing.

Sharpe
  20. Lorim

Don't get me wrong, I still think it's too low, I just don't want someone coming in here and trying to claim that you were purposely understating the XP amount.