Wrel has officially joined the Daybreak team

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Shaengar, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Scr1nRusher

Ok......

I've stated this several times that I hope wrel works out, but I am concerned with how it looks.
  2. Reclaimer77

You've stated you hope it works out, you just feel he's incompetent, biased, and that you would be a better choice.

Yeah, not bitter or salty at all.....
  3. Scr1nRusher

Just.....think about how this all looks.

Wrel is a Well known youtuber that has apparently no game design knowledge/experience.

From a PR perspective its clear why he was a good choice

From a game dev standpoint its a big ???? that will need to be seen over time.

I wish him the best, but I also wish that I could help him out.
  4. Reclaimer77

Your ego is...astounding. Help him out? You??

Your arguments here are kind of pathetic and self-centered. You are bitter and jealous, clearly, and no matter how much you deny it - it comes across dripping out of your every post.

Wrel could be the best developer on the planet for all you know. Maybe he just needed the opportunity? Your world view is just really ***** up honestly. How in the hell can anyone get experience if they never get a chance to do the work?
    • Up x 3
  5. WetPatch

Help him out?

Why do you assume he needs your help?

Lets say he asked you for advice (Due to your many years balancing games) , as soon as he disagreed with you you would be back on here loosing your **** and spewing your toxicity on how the game is now doomed and that people are just out to get you.
    • Up x 3
  6. Reclaimer77

Because he's worked on unnamed mobile games (99% of all these are crap), some unnamed Steam games (90% them are all crap), and other unnamed projects.

As far as I'm concerned Wrel will have more experience than him after one week on the job. Planetside2 is a AAA title, not just another Flappy Birds clone or whatever the **** Scr1 has "worked on".
  7. WeRelic

Why Wrel got hired:
    He's enthusiastic, articulate, intelligent, and generally well informed about the game.
    He may not have any prior design experience, but he's comfortable in a position of "fame". He apparently has strong social skills, and is capable of tempering his responses. He doesn't freak out when someone disagrees, at least from what I've seen.

Design can be taught, social skills cannot.

I'd say they made a good choice. Hopefully some good comes of it.
    • Up x 2
  8. Kepa

Screamrusher wants to be dev?

Bwaahahahahahahahaa

Didint log to this forum in like half a year, news about Wrel made me come and say congratulations and best wishes but this?! this made my day. thanks!

Grats Wrel best wishes great success on your well deserved job!

Kepa
  9. Scr1nRusher

Ah no, it doesn't work like that.
  10. Scr1nRusher

lol.

Working on different genres & subgenres of games can put things into perspectives you might not have seen if you were focused on 1 genre of game.
  11. Scr1nRusher

Thousands of people(game devs that are not in the "pro" level) want to get into the big leagues. Only a few do.
  12. WetPatch

Its okay Scrin, maybe you can ask Shaql to show you how to Data mine and how to load the assets to get you a head start for the next time.
  13. Scr1nRusher

Actually I asked him about that a few times.
  14. WetPatch

I know, and you annoyed him so much he blocked you

[IMG]
  15. Scr1nRusher

Thats not actually the truth.

I have no idea why he blocked me on twitter, since I barely talk to him on that.
  16. Reclaimer77

Self awareness doesn't seem to be your thing. I'm sure you don't have a clue....
  17. Scr1nRusher

He actually never told me what so ever.

Also, what cactus did you sit on today?
  18. Okjoek

I think that this is fantastic. I respect Wrel since I've been getting my PS2 news from his YT channel for almost a year now. I've come to respect most of his opinions so I feel the potential of this game to become even better has improved.
  19. WTSherman

Well, the problem is that Reclaimer77 is just as much of a jerk as you are. And pretty much in the same way, except he has a huge infantryside bias IIRC.

You two are like mirror images of each other, so you're basically arguing with yourself.

As far as the game designer claim, the fact of the matter is anybody can claim to be anything on the internet. Besides the fact that you're trying to insert yourself as the authority in an Argument to Authority fallacy, nobody has any reason to believe you if you're not going to provide documentation. And even if we did believe you, we wouldn't have any reason to believe your "experience" makes for sound data unless you were able to provide records and break it down by the numbers.

"Well I worked on a game once we tried this thing and it sucked" doesn't really hold as much weight as you think it does. To be useful data you'd have to tell us which game, detail exactly what they did, explain how it interacted with the rest of the game, and provide some kind of hard data, such as recorded metrics, that shows the correlations. Although things get easier if it's a game a lot of people are familiar with, since then you can just cite the game and link some videos of the mechanic in action and a lot of people will probably be able to draw conclusions based on what they know about that game.

But if all you've got is "I'm a game developer, trust me" well... I'm John F. Kennedy, nice to mee*shot*
    • Up x 2
  20. SteelMantis

I'm not a big fan of Wrel's work and have strongly disagreed with some of his ideas in the past.

However I am happy to see new people joining the team. It's a good sign after losing so many core members of the Dev team over the last couple of years.