Wrel has officially joined the Daybreak team

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Shaengar, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Scr1nRusher

Inexperience with something as tricky as game design/balance work is concerning.

My attitude is merely someone who is concerned with the game going forward. Aswell as someone who's not going with the flow of fluff.
  2. Ronin Oni

Waitaminute...

so all his gaming projects fail and that's supposed to show he knows what he's talking about?

If anything, doesn't that prove that his concepts DON'T maintain player interest?
  3. Scr1nRusher

My time line:

C&C mods -> various game projects & Mods -> Free Online Games -> Mobile Games -> Steam Games -> Indie Games -> Consulting Work.
  4. Scr1nRusher

If you actually read my comments, I said nothing about "all gaming projects failing" & what you quoted doesn't say that aswell.
  5. customer548

Can you please find a way to jettison Scr1nrusher in space ? (give him food and water, but no internet access).
    Then perhaps we'll be able to read comments about Wrel in this thread.
  6. Scr1nRusher

If you want to read comments about Wrel, go look on reddit.
  7. customer548

Why should i ? This thread is about Wrel and about the game. I see you found a way to get attention again. But it won't last for a long time any more, i guess.
    By the way, aren't you the one complainig about Reddit ?
  8. Haquim

Scrin seriously, lets just see how it works out.
    If it doesn't work out Wrel at least gave the community hope for a month or two so we bleed content (players) slower.

If you expect nothing you will be seldom disappointed, but at least be open to a pleasant surprise.

That being said.....
    SOE/DGB tried to bring the Banshee in line, it was performing abotu 20% above the PPA in KPH.
    They did this by reducing the splash area by 75% and the damage by 25%, so overall reducing the splash effectiveness by 81.25%.
    That brought the banshee down to almost 40% below the airhammer. Not only was that change absolute overkill to begin with, as simple math shows, they are also unable to just tweak setting until they fit or undoing **** ups like that.
    I think Wrel would have to try very hard to make that worse.
    Although the ESAV tank secondaries were rather well balanced according to oracle but that was ONE case were they did good.
    • Up x 1
  9. Scr1nRusher

I want it to work out just as much as the next guy, but I just got some concerns from experience.
  10. Moridin6

youre not serious are you?

if you look up info for the game 9/10 times you get the forum not redit
    the game launcher points you here, TO THE FORUM, all the time, NEVER to redit

this is the Official site for planetside2, a BTCH SUBREDIT is not official and im tired of IMPORTANT information being dumped on that sht stain of a site and unless someone has the generosity to share it here via PSA a lot of us Never see it!
    • Up x 2
  11. Ronin Oni

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  12. Moridin6

yeah i suspected you were just a childish pos with no real insights and no care for the Hundreds of players that dont use redit, ignored.
    ;)
    • Up x 3
  13. Ronin Oni

Now you've REALLY hurt my feelings.

Don't hate me cause YOU can't accept the bloody reality.
    • Up x 1
  14. SpartanPsycho

The issue is not that Wrel was picked. He is the staple casual player that doesn't understand what the game is about.
    The issue is that he is the KIND of player picked, not someone who's right again and again.
    Point 1. I didn't want to be picked.
    Point 2. Yeah, crap happens sureeee does work, next time you complain about something in-game I'll say this to you.
    Point 3. Toxic? I'm certainly not toxic. Screaming isn't. Wisdomcube is pretty nice once you get to know him in my experience.
    Point 4. He's supposed to be part of the dev team, not someone who plays the game.
    Point 5. As a leader, I want someone who knows what the right thing to do is and will get it done.
    Point 6. Screaming got a group of 5-6 people to brainstorm a game. It actually worked out. Source: I was part of it.
    Point 7. Now you're just insulting people. I can and do think critically, and as far as I can see, you're just using that as an insult.
    Point 8. I don't stat-pad and I know no one personally who does.
    Point 9. As I said, most people I meet are nice once I get to know them.
    • Up x 1
  15. SpartanPsycho

Maybe just because he and is POV are from the casual playerbase which is not what the game is for?
    • Up x 1
  16. SpartanPsycho

Add me into that I love getting my hate high.

Btw, Wrel has openly admitted that he struggles with pride, which is more mature than you're acting....
    • Up x 2
  17. SpartanPsycho

Don't forget that super OP 12KPH HE MBT cannons!
    • Up x 1
  18. Moridin6

at the least the game should get some more publicity, which is good right?
  19. Reclaimer77

Spartan you have some really bad Karma coming your way. I mean really, nobody has the right to stand up and tell another man that he can't earn a living or he doesn't deserve a job opportunity. And you sit here and call others childish? Please read your posts here, you are making a full blown *** of yourself.

Then you say stupid crap like "The game is not for a casual playerbase". Hey idiot, ALL MMO's are designed to bring in the "casual" players. Without the "casual" players, this game would have been cancelled long ago. If you only target the top 5% of all players, how much money do you think that's going to bring in?

You're acting like Wrel stole your freaking sandwich or something. Honestly grow up.
    • Up x 2
  20. Ronin Oni

Newsflash: For this game to maintain an active enough playerbase to warrant continued existence it will need to be casual friendly.

That's not saying there can't be deeper mechanics (which they're working on, construction system FFS) but if people can't find enjoyment, and quickly, then this game will die quicker than ****
    • Up x 3