[Guide] Worst weapons for each faction?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jur270, May 15, 2013.

1. Nobalification

2. SgtBreastroker

FTFY
    • Up x 1
  3. TheWhiteDragon

The problem is largely sample size. 600 characters isn't even comparable to 14,000. I think what might kill it is downtime. The most used weapons are more likely to show up during down time between battles or at the warpgate. You'd have to come up with some way to weight the stats based on how big the sample size was. Why else are the most used weapons always at the bottom of the list?
  4. CupBoy

Why would a less used weapon have a smaller "downtime ratio" than a heavily used weapon?

Eh, you don't compare different weapon types. I thought that would be obvious.
  5. Ultramarine

G
    Good point.
  6. CupBoy

The default weapons will have a higher proportion of new and low-rank players, which will pull the overall averages down. If you look at the stats that are split by BR, you'll see that some of the default weapons start out at the bottom but actually end up higher as the BR increases.
  7. GhostAvatar

You know it ain't all about DPS. DPS means jack all if you can't land the bullets on target.
  8. Biytor

9. Adamar09

You only really take out the pistol when you're going to use it (in most cases, at least?) as opposed to running around all the time with a primary. When you only pull out a gun to use it as an emergency finisher, it makes a certain degree of sense that the KPH will be high.
  10. DxAdder

All Factions

Battle Rifles
    • Up x 1
  11. Ganelon

Carv (S)
    Pounder
    Mercy
    Mutilator
    Any TR burst weapon
    Marauder
    Chaingun without the bug (it's actually balanced with the bug, amazes me how SOE won't remove the spin-up)
    TR carbines
    Cycler TRV

List goes on and on.
    • Up x 2
  12. Nocturnal7x

Any battlerifle. Any autoshotty (since pumps and nerf). Basilisk is a joke. Skyguard.
  13. Unclematos7

NC05 Jackhammer. It is outclassed by every other shotgun available to NC. Every. One.
  14. Unclematos7

Sorry for double post.
  15. Booface

For VS:

Lasher.
    Lancer.
    Both scout rifles: Nyx and Artemis.
    The battle rifle.
    Any semi-auto sniper rifle (3-4 headshots to kill Nanoweave players at mid-to-long range, pfft).
    Beamer.
    Saron (basically a Halberd that's worse in every relevant way).
    Any PPA weapon. It's like a Lasher, but even worse.
  16. Adamar09

SABR and TRV, bad? You 'avin' a lend?
  17. Metal Insomniac

The GD-10 Blitz. I'm not saying it's the worst, but it feels so ****** in comparison to the Cyclone.
  18. Astealoth

the TR starter inf weapon
  19. Hibiki54

NC:

HA - Jokehammer/Jackhammer - Damage cannot compete with standard SGs. RoF and 2-4m extra effective range for max damage does not offset its overall lower damage. Needs MORE pellets at current damage. A joke considering it's one of the greatest weapons from PS1. EM1 sucks altogether.

LA/Engi/Medic - Any Burst carbine and Carnage BR

Infil - Don't play it

MAX - All AI weapons post shotgun nerf. NC MAX lost all it's AI appeal and niche when they nerfed shotguns and double nerfed the Hacksaws.

Vanguard - HE. Whoever uses it does so as a handicap.
  20. Bill Hicks

Sometimes I dare my self to die to a lasher then suddenly I hit M1 and I win.