Will you people ever learn?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GantryPengy380, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKhopesh

Gotta agree here.
    BR 80 is midway to BR 100 (XP wise) and I really don't think anyone's got an intrinsic grasp on how this game's balance works til their main character is around BR 65-70.

And before it's stated:
    Yes, I understand full well that BR isn't everything, but this rule of thumb is remarkably accurate. It gives a fairly clear indication of the average learning curve for those playing PS2.
    It's an effective way to gauge how much real experience the player in question has with the game.
  2. FieldMarshall

After 10+ years with SOE i dont have alot of faith in them anymore. I agree with OP, but unless its gets SOE quick $$ right away then its probably not going to change anytime soon.

"Screw long term. 1 month from now is way ahead in the future, who knows what will happen then. Better cash in now."
    -SOE motto

Also, Higby steering the ship scares me, because he seems like an impulsive guy who can randomly go:
    "Hey guise, we decided to change it so that you can spawn to every deployed AMS on the continent on the live servers today" because screw the test server, for some reason.
    Except he will post it on his twitter that he expects everyone to follow. Meanwhile people log in and get confused even more by SOEs (aka Higby's) already confusing and overly complicated way of doing things.

But i digress. I could go on and on about SOE.
    I think it stems from the fact that they only have like 50 people working on PS2, so i guess i gotta cut them some slack.
    Just wish they were better at communicating.
    Not just with players, but with eachother. Because i get the feeling that things over at the PS2 office is very disorganised.
    And eventually, something like this happens:
    Man1: "Did you activate the recruit rewards page yet? It could bring massive income now that directives are out"
    Man2: "Oh, i thought Tom was supposed to. He set it to "scheduled maintenance" a year ago."
    Man1: "Dude.. Tom doesent work here anymore"
    Man2: "Oh... Should we tell Higby?"
    Man1: "I dont know man. I dont want to get in trouble. Its got nothing to do with us. Just let him find out by himself"
    Man2: "Sorry, i wasent listening. I was updating my Twitter to display a TR logo"
    Man1: "You cant do that! We're not supposed to be biased towards certain factions"
    Man2: "No its ok. As long as we dont bias on the "official" forums we should be fine. I saw another dev do it"
    Man1: "Yeah, that was Tom"
    Man2: "Really! The same Tom who was working on the Certifications tab over at the ps2 players page?"
  3. Irathi

To everyone that responded negatively and disrespectfull to GantryPengy380, what is wrong with you? Does it turn you on to pick on a guy`s K/D who aparently repairs his team 24/7 for 30 battle ranks? He played for 210 hours pretty much solely to repair you! I would love to have Gantry on my team if he was satisifed with just repairing my tank!

Good job btw, you now got him to try to improve his K/D by statfarming together with a player on VS. (btw Gantry don't do that stuff, it is better to have a low K/D than be stained by the reputation you will get from such behaviour)

Il go as far and say that I agree with most of what GantryPengy380 says in the first post. Vehicles have been shafted so many times.. Much of it could've been avoided by improving base designs and give infantry more cover when they move from base A to B thus lowering the effectiveness of splash damage in combat as opposed to removing splash damage entirely ,making the game more interesting instead of nerfing.

And Infantry does in fact have a counter for everything even though they are rarely very effective alone, but this is a team game and as a team you can be highly effective against all targets. And they do have an abundance of terminals where they can resupply or choose a new loadout at 0 cost.

He also has a very good point that infantry players tend to get stuck at playing a class they want to play instead of the class that would be best suited for the current fight. Instead of taking the advantage of being able to switch loadouts and adapt, they tend to just go on with the same old as always. "oh is that a tank I see down there killing my comrades? - I better keep a keen eye on them with my sniper rifle in case one of them gets out to repair!"
    • Up x 3
  4. GantryPengy380

Again, I don't play "solely to repair". I sometimes also hack things, gun in ally vehicles, switch to HA to try to at the very least deter enemy vehicles, become a Medic to heal/revive people, and try to resupply people with my Engineer's ammo pack. Heck, I even pulled a few vehicles of my own for various reasons depending on the vehicle (flash=PT [Personal Transport] over short distances, Sunderer=Sundy things, Lightning=PT over long distances, you get the idea) and got about 60 kills (not counting the directive farming I did with that VS guy [I did that because I wanted to get the Auraxium Lumifiber trim for at least my Sunderer and the Auraxium plating for some of my classes]). Sure, I may repair things a lot more than anything else, but it's not the "only thing I do".
    • Up x 1
  5. Thrustin

Looks more like you are stat-padding, or XP padding, with a guy named Steven12345:

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  6. Tuco

hehe, too bad we don't have the PS1 AMS/CE, then vehicles wouldn't need to be nerfed. But oh well, what ca you do, ho hum, we don't have those, so nerf away.
  7. Tuco

Yeah, hehe, too bad we don't have the PS1 AMS, it would be easier to change loadouts in the field.
  8. Tuco

this is depressing
  9. phreec

OP is a prime example of all the clueless "STOP NERFING ALL MUH THINGS!!1" posters...
  10. Eyeklops

"He has 61 kills. And over 1,827 deaths." - LIKE A BOSS

He's practicing for when meatshield tactics become OP.

Those 61 kills were probably accidental ricochets from stumbling over a rock while his finger was on the trigger.
    • Up x 1
  11. Crator

No it wasn't, it's always been touted as a re-imagining...
  12. SacredRay

Considering his opinion is based upon the community's effect on the game and not things in the game itself (weaponx is OP etc etc), I'd say that using k/d to discredit his opinion is pretty stupid.

The guy played the game to be a good engineer, which at least he has lived up to. Because he didn't ADAD like a scrub, he's bad?

Also, check out all 3 of my accounts:

SacredReich
    SeverTheWicked
    UntoTheCruel

Do you know why k/ds aren't that high? Because I started playing in December 20th and spent 5 months playing on a laptop that maxed out at 20fps. Combined with spending alot of time piloting a lib - everyone has their reasons
    • Up x 1
  13. Yeahy

99% sure that he just joined our outfit in emerald VS under the name GantryDublin.
    His TR account is probably an alt.
  14. DorianOmega

Sad part about this thread is that the OP is extremely accurate but has been derailed because of the users stats :/
    • Up x 2
  15. Verviedi

Will you shut. the. ****. up. About the OP's stats? A good KDR does not mean someone is good at the game. In a game where sitting in a spawn room and redeploying when the timer hits 30 seconds can get me a 100+ KDR, KDR DOES NOT HAVE ANY VALUE!
    Look at my stats. Now, look at my forum content. Bad KDR does not mean bad content. If you look at my killboard, you'll notice 50%+ of my kills are from using the Lasher, also known as the TEAMWORK SUPPRESION WEAPON!
    Using my Lasher, I help my team, but I always lose a 1v1 unless the enemy is a noob. Look at the OP's account. He is clearly a very good engineer, who repairs things to HELP HIS TEAM!

Farming for a good KDR is not the point of the game, teamwork is. GantryPengy380 is damn well a better player than most people who just tactically suppress in an HE Prowler all day!
    • Up x 1
  16. Atis

I dont think that nerf game is biggest problem of PS2. When we "counter" vehicles with infantry by burying them in corpses it seems wrong. When infantry plop tanks like soap bubbles it seems wrong. Balancing is neverending process, but we can play with broken balance if have goals. Lack of big goals and small objectives hinder this game way more than nerfs.

His killboard suggests craving for experiments. Like that funny streaks with Steven12345.
  17. Atis

210 hours of repairment with 69h as engie and 16h in sundy? Probably repaired stuff with HA. Thats skill.
  18. Dracorean

Ever since the forums merged a few of the topics, I've noticed how many of these posts are nothing more than complaints, its just complaint after complaint over bias emotional based reactions that really frustrate me when I look for a decent topic to reply too.

What surprises me is that people respond to them, the real thing that needs responding would be ideas and questions. Not these disgusting posts about making something more weaker so it can be more easily dealt with only to start up this pointless cycle again.
  19. Irathi

His points are valid and quite accurate regardless.
  20. Atis

As I already mentioned in previous post, they are not. Not nerfs made this game to shrank to 5 servers. Other online FPSes suffered from nerfhammer too, yet they made adequate game objectives and kept decent playerbase. Nerfs are not so scary, most nerfed stuff is still reasonably popular. Tank shells were nerfed, have people stoped to use them? Hell no, tanks are everywhere.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.