Will you people ever learn?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by GantryPengy380, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GantryPengy380

This game was promised to be the sequel to an immersive MMOFPS that was the first of it's kind (the original Planetside, for those who haven't played it). So we as gamers waited anxiously for PS2's release and started playing it when it was released. Obviously, right? And then came the people who cried and complained to what we commonly refer to as "Forumside" to make it so that infantry can never be killed by anything, also known as nerfers. The nerfers are taking everything that isn't one of the five infantry classes that are used most often (often said player's favorite class) and making everything else absolutely horrible, forcing the players who liked using said thing (tanks, MAXs, aircraft) to either adapt or play one of the five main infantry classes because infantry can now kill everything extremly easily. The nerfers are either people who are brand new to PS2 or people who have spent lots of time in PS2 and have only played as one of the five main infantry classes who don't know that INFANTRY HAVE COUNTERS FOR EVERYTHING FROM AIRCRAFT TO MAXS WITH ONE OF THE FIVE MAIN CLASSES (mostly Heavy Assault, but still) AND CAN GO TO ANY INFANTRY TERMINAL THAT'S OWNED BY THEIR FACTION, WETHER IT'S TR, VS, OR NC AND CHANGE TO THE CLASS WITH SAID COUNTER TO DEAL WITH THE THREAT THEY ARE FACING. But do they? NO! They simply say 'Whatever, I died a lot to this thing, so I'm going to do something about it!" and post on the forums complaining about what killed them until SOE nerfs the thing into the ground. IT NEEDS TO STOP NOW, OR ELSE THIS GAME WILL DIE. FORUMSIDE, THIS IS A RALLYING CRY TO NERF THE NERFERS ONCE AND FOR ALL AND KEEP THIS GAME ALIVE AS LONG AS WE CAN! NERF THE NERFERS INTO THE GROUND AS SOE HAS DONE TO EVERYTHING WE HAVE EVER LOVED TO USE BECAUSE OF THESE PEOPLE!!! THIS DAY WILL GO INTO THE GAMING HISTORY BOOKS AS THE DAY PEOPLE STOOD UP FOR THE GAME THEY LOVED, RATHER THAN ALLOWING OTHERS TO RUIN IT BY SIMPLY COMPLAINING TO SAID GAME'S TYPING PLACE!
    • Up x 26
  2. DatVanuMan

You're intelligence is mindblowing. Unlike the savages who nerfed the unique out of ES weapons, YOU know what you're talking about;)
    Lately, SOE has decided to further nerf vehicle splash damage, so that a one hit kill on infantry is no longer guaranteed. They also nerfed rockets, and we believe that both nerfs are COMPLETELY unnecessary. Who are "we"? We are The Alliance. We're just a group of Forumsiders, united by brotherhood and bias by buffs:p who want to make sure SOE never nerfs anything again. We have the power to make them do what is right for this game, as resistance to SOE's nerf specials grows, so does our ability to ensure that everyone is content with the game. We could use more valiant Forumsiders for our cause. Would you care to join?
    • Up x 4
  3. Dis

• Up x 10
  4. LIKE A BOSS!

Low blow m8. But I will be honest, how is it possible to have a .03 kdr? I used to be worse than I am now .54 bad but how does one reach .03?
    • Up x 4
  5. Nexus545

The developers aren't making a game based on what people on here say. They are making what they want, they believe they are tuning the game to the way it should be. While they take peoples opinions into account they aren't bending over backwards for them or for you.

Just deal with what the devs do.
    • Up x 3
  6. DJPenguin

• Up x 2
  7. FateJH

And the forums continue to believe they are influential.
    • Up x 2
  8. Axehilt

Ugh, trainwreck of a post.

If the OP hadn't pretended infantry can counter everything, he'd have been mostly correct. Fact is, infantry are mostly trash and crushed by vehicles outdoors -- and that's fine because a balanced variety of vehicles are useful outdoors and so when the fight is there you play in a vehicle. But then the battle progresses indoors and infantry are mostly trash and crushed by MAXes -- and that's not fine, because infantry deserve to be the highest lifeform in some type of battle.

Instead, he claims infantry can beat everything and then someone justifiably points out his stats show that just isn't true. (Awkwardly, 44% of his kills come from rockets.)
    • Up x 1
  9. Shanther

U ***** wot m8?
    • Up x 3
  10. Luke15g

When I started reading the OP I thought it was going to highlight once more how Planetside 2 is a shallow disappointment and not a true successor to the original Planetside.
  11. SenEvason

0.03 KDR, what the hell? I didn't think that was possible. I don't even know how you can get to BR 29 with that low of a KDR, especially since the main class is HA, the killing class.
  12. LIKE A BOSS!

Its a mystery to everyone in this thread.
    • Up x 1
  13. SacredRay

By the Gods, what an amazing OP. Absolutely splendid logic and grammar.

SOE, take notes.
    • Up x 2
  14. Allin

Idiots blowing up terminals instead of walking 10m to sundy and hacking them, so attacking team can deploy tanks BEFORE base is captured if counterattack is comming are also a golden standard of PS2 ******** crowd play.
  15. GantryPengy380

In response to DatVanuMan, I would like to join The Alliance. In response to everybody who asked, how I have the KDR I have and still getting to BR 29 is simple. Not being very good in combat, but REPAIR ALL THE THINGS while you're not being shot at. I initially thought that starting off as HA would be a good idea because it can destroy infantry and ground vehicles effectively, adding in aircraft once you unlock your AA lock-on launcher. Look where that got me. In response to whoever thought I was, I'm not "pretending" infantry can counter everything. Because they can. Just take a look at Heavy Assaults and MAXes. They are able to adjust their loadout to take out infantry, ground vehicles, or aircraft (HAs use lock on rockets, MAXs with Bursters/AV weapons). Vehicles cost a lot of certs to make an effective setup with, and you gotta have SOMEWHERE to start, right? Most FPS games have the player start off as infantry, and there are ways to gain lots of certs with infantry so that you can set up your vehicles. Once you start certing into vehicles, they can quickly give you certs to spend on OTHER vehicles, and so on until you have everything for every infantry class and vehicle you want. After that stage, gameplay seems to get boring since it takes a really long time for SOE to add new, interesting content like Hossin, the Amerish Revamp, and the Harasser. Of course, once new content comes, your gameplay will get interesting for a while as you gain and spend certs (if a new vehicle comes along) or explore the new places (like Hossin and the redesigned Amerish). Then it gets boring again after you get what you want (new vehicle) or have explored every single square meter of the new content (Hossin, redesigned Amerish). That's the cycle of content. Also, it makes sense that infantry would get crushed be vehicles in open areas or on top of hills and the like, but at towers and major facilities, there are turrets that are also partially outdoors. Should infantry get crushed by vehicles even if they are in the turrets, which are direct counters to vehicles in those environments? No.
  16. NC supporter

Lets stop taking pot shots are other people shall we? KD doesn't matter in this game. No one should be judged in that matter. This ain't COD so please stop using KD to judge people.
    • Up x 1
  17. SenEvason

When a player is claiming that "...infantry can now kill everything extremely easily...", having a low KDR as an infantry player doesn't exactly help out their argument.
    • Up x 7
  18. RobotNinja

I remember hearing that PS2 was dying...during the Closed Beta.

So, let me get this right. You're saying the dev team bases all their decisions to nerf something based on the complaints in the forum? How exactly does that work? Do they have some guy paid to read every single forum thread and make an official tally of how many people are ******** about this or ******** about that and then nerf stuff based on who complained the most? Well, that must be it...and to think I never knew until now.
    • Up x 1
  19. NC supporter

Did you count the number of kills they have or inspect that cause that is what can back up their argument. I could have a KD of 4 but I could just have only 4 kills and no deaths and say that I'm experienced.
  20. RobotNinja

[IMG]
    • Up x 12
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.