Will SOE address the Banshee in the October balance update?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ztiller, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ztiller

That still means that the Banshee is overperforming at both KPU, KPH, A.KPU And V.KPU
  2. p10k56

If those 3 are standing in 2m radius.
    But I am sure that LPPA can do it too and even from longer distance and then do same to another group and then to another...
    But now we are in hover spaming mode which is about greedy pilot and not as much about weapon performance.
  3. Zotamedu

So are the VS Hornets when compared to NC Hornets and TR Coyote compared to NC Coyote. So with the same logic VS needs to get their Hornets nerfed and TR needs to get their Coyotes nerfed because they are clearly overperforming in all categories.

That's why I asked about a cut-off limit on stats. Where do you draw the line between statistical variance in the stats and an underlying imbalance in the weapon?
    • Up x 2
  4. Ztiller

The LPPAA is only better than the Banshee when there is literally no Anti air, or enemy air presence in any way whatsoever.

The second any lockon, Burster or enemy ESF shows up, the LPPA is straight up inferior to the Banshee at everything.

And seeing as how there is always AA, the LPPA is just inferior
  5. Ztiller

How about the part where the main dev of the game says the weapon is overperforming?

It's amazing how people only listen to KPU etc. when it benefits their viewpoint.
  6. Zotamedu

It was you who used KPU as an argument, not me. Why did you bring it up in the first place if it's not valid?
  7. GhostAvatar

The good old exaggerations of forumside.
  8. p10k56

All about nerf TR now.
    Today banshee.
    Tomorrow something else.
    But never tell VS or NC that they have something better or else...:rolleyes:
  9. Ztiller

Yeah, it's not as if the Forums have been filled with "Nerff Orion, Nerf PPA, Nerf Lancer!" for the last months or so.
    • Up x 1
  10. p10k56

Yes but if you compare PPA to marauder or cobalt its different league of OPiness than banshee to LPPA.
    Those point and click VS weapons:rolleyes:
  11. Ronin Oni

Banshee reload isn't so long that hover spamming doesn't work for them either.

No, actually... the numbers say the Banshee is far better performing over other ESF AI weapons than ground PPA is over MBT ES AI secondaries.

I don't think you realize how good the Banshee is. It's frackin AMAZING.

I'm afraid they're going to overnerf it honestly... I need to hurry up and Aurax it before it becomes nearly impossible :p
  12. p10k56

If somebody increase COF of Rotary you will have Banshee 2.0 even without splash damage.
  13. ATRA_Wampa-One

Honestly they need to not only nerf the Banshee but also Pounders. Both of those weapons are insane.
    • Up x 1
  14. Flag

And if you compare the P2-120 to the Titan and Supernova guns, the TR weapons comes out WAY ahead at overall kills.

What's your point?
    Also, on the Harasser the 3 ESAI guns are really close, with the Marauder and PPA slightly ahead of the C85Mod(cannister).
  15. Diilicious

mind telling me what relevence being in a vehicle that has an engine has to showing up on your minimap from 100 meters away DEFAULT.

infantry have the same access to a scope which highlights people, so again SO WHAT? I think that scope actually costs less than the vehicle equivilant too.

you arent getting it, and from the sounds of your comments you are an infantryside player and will never get it. so i'll say it once. you should not ever be autodetecting anything. ever. you cant autodetect infantry unless they shoot near you, OR SOMEBODY ELSE PUTS IN A TINY BIT OF EFFORT AND SHOT A DART AT A WALL. or sacrifices their saftey to run a scout radar.

You 'peons' dont get autodetected unless somebody puts in some work, and i'll be damned if vehicles should do too, lazy son of a *****,

"oh but you have an engine so i should be able to detect you on the map from hundreds of meters away" please explain to me how you would be able to do that.

how exactly... does that work.
  16. gartho33

you know... there are few things I'll agree with in this conversation... but when I know pulling an AV weapon will do better than an AI weapon.... something is wrong.....

but lets keep this to A2G AI before we derail too much.

I'll again state that the banshee does indeed need TWEAKING but the nerf nuke everyone here turns to is not the answer...

So I'll pose this one question... What particular exact area is the banshee out performing the opposing factions counter parts in? what is the ONE thing that makes this weapon the "best"?

lets start by breaking it down one piece at a time, that way we can see what needs looking at instead of guessing and nerfing just to test where its at.
  17. p10k56

I will change pounders for any NC or VS AV weapon but my fav is Raven;)
  18. Zotamedu

Lets apply some maths to that statement.

LPPA
    KPU - 9.75
    KPH - 43.14

Banshee
    KPU - 14.64
    KPH - 50.59

Difference
    KPU - 50 %
    KPH - 17 %

PPA
    KPU - 9.32
    KPH - 70.54

Marauder
    KPU - 5.79
    KPH - 56.11

Difference
    KPU - 60 %
    KPH - 25 %

Turns out you are wrong. The stats say that the MBT PPA is more "OP" than the Banshee is compared to the LPPA. I wouldn't say it's far better but you clearly got it backwards when it comes to difference in effectiveness.
    • Up x 1
  19. ATRA_Wampa-One

Vortex strait up provided we also get lockdown.
  20. gartho33

Wait... what? where are you going with this? Their ground is (soon to be was) better so its ok for our air to be better? this seems like a trap argument to me...
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.