Will SOE address the Banshee in the October balance update?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ztiller, Oct 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrBash00

Why not removing the vehicle dmg, and reducing the A2A dmg, so you can not kill a plane with that weapon.
    And if you make the PPA faster firing while reducing the magazine size (so it is a little bit more like the banshee but with extended mags) and also reducing the A2A dmg. nearly to 0.

This would leave them effective VS infantry, but make them a easyer target for enemy air, or for example a skyguard.

And if the enemy can not set up 1 skyguard or get 1 aircraft up, maby they should just spawn somewhere else!!!!

If you stay somewhere where you get farmed from wathever it is your fault not the op enemy weapon.
    • Up x 1
  2. Dieter Perras

Tell that to the guys in the video.
  3. bl33ping

if something has a higher user count, its bound to have higher stats than the other weapons. seems like a lot of people are ignoring this. or maybe i'm wrong.
  4. RedBlack

So i just got killed twice in row, by a scythe ppa, in my max unit. And i did not hear it coming. Will there be nerf for the scythe ppa as well?

[IMG]
  5. boey

Farming with Ravens and complaining about Light PPA. Hahaha, good one.
    • Up x 3
  6. RedBlack

Did you even read the thread?

I am not the one complaining. What i am trying so say is, why nerf the Banshee? The PPA is as strong as the other two factions AI weapons.
  7. Ac3s

You know what, lets all start putting up videos of other things that farm infantry, I suggest you watch from 4 minutes and 35 seconds:

This king of farming has been going on for ages and SOE did nothing to stop it, but now when the tables are turned around (which tbh is not even happening for that long with the bashee if you compare it to the PPA farming) you want to see it removed ASAP.
    How about you wait a few more months and then come back with the nerf posts, see how it feel like what we have been dealing with for all this time.
    • Up x 1
  8. boey

The Banshee deserves a nerf, because its clearly outperforming both, the Airhammer and the Light-PPA. When someone did not read the thread, then its you and not me.
  9. RedBlack

Ok then... just nerf another TR weapon. So the VS as nothing to cry about anymore. I wonder what will be the next thing to nerf? Pounders or the Striker again maybe?

And btw, have you seen Matti play with the Air hammer?
    • Up x 2
  10. boey

Pounders also need to get a closer look at. The AI-Power of this weapon is too strong as it stands right now.

No, i didnt see a video of Matti playing with the Airhammer till now. But i know Matti is an ace in flying ESF's. Stats show the Banshee is overpowered, so where's your problem?
  11. Klondor

Simple fix.
    Increased the CoF by a slight bit. That means it's going to perform like every other TR weapon where more bullets means you may hit something once in a while. If you're going to try to outright nerf the banshee because it's doing it's job as intended with faction strength in mind, then nerf the Light PPA's accuracy because it's performing well due to it's faction strength: Accuracy.
    Right?
    • Up x 2
  12. asmodraxus

If the Banshee is doing what the Harasser and Mags PPA is doing, then it should face the self same treatment?

Other things of the TR that might need a look at for "tweaking" (aka being hit repeatedly with the nerf bat until they fall from the op tree).

Prowlers main guns (maybe the DPS needs decreasing unlocked to below that of a lightning).
    AI potential of the Pounders (should be similar to the Comet of Vortex max unit (ie bad).
  13. Ztiller

That's actually the opposite. Higher user count gives weapons an average lower KPU/KPH, since the top-players are always the minority and the average stats gets dragged down by the rest.

The exact same argument can be used for people who says the PPA is OP. THe problem with these weapons is not that they kill, but how effectively they kill.
    • Up x 1
  14. Edelhonk

Ok...so if you nerf the AI of the Pounder whats with the AV capabilitys...because many ppl like you only see "OMG...Pounders have such a big KPH/KPU compared to Comets and Falcons!". But lets check all facts...Yes...Pounders have the highest KPH/KPU of all AV-Max Weapons. But mostly because they are used vs Infantry and not in their intended role aka anti-vehicular. Pounders also have the lowest V.KpU of all AV Max weapons. So they in reallity they are the worst AV AND AI, because they suck in the job the AV-MAX should shine in and they also wont reach the KPH/KPU of normal AI MAXes...their only point of being used is, that you can use them vs AI AND AV at the same time...so their are not OP...only versatile they are jack of all trades and Master of none.

Oh...and what is your point of nerfing the DPS of the Prowler to the lightnings lvl? If you do so, a unanchored Prowler would have the same armor the Mag has but wouldnt have the firepower to beat a Magrider or magriders agillity to avoid incoming fire and the Vanguard had more firepower and more armor.
    This would work only if you make deploy a insta switch...aka even on full speed the Prowler goes on Deploy instantly when you hit the deploy button and also instantly fires with the higher Rof...what he doesnt do right now when you deploy in a reload circle.
  15. Ztiller

This thread is about the Banshee, not the Pounders or Prowlers.
  16. asmodraxus

Why wouldn't a 2/2 Prowler be able to beat a 2/2 Magrider with its even lower DPS. The DPS of tank main guns is this

Prowler Locked down
    Prowler Unlocked
    Lightning
    Vanguard
    Magrider

Which has led to the problem of the Prowlers main guns having a much higher KPH and KPU

But back to the original point there is the same discrepancy with the Banshee that exists with the Mag / Harasser PPA
    therefore it should face the same treatment.

The same thing also exists for the Prowlers main guns (which lead to the problem of the Prowlers secondary's being ignored by everyone, with little changes due to the lack of data being generated by the playerbase).

There is also the Pounders being used for AI work rather then AV work.
  17. DG-MOD-20

If you'd like to be able to have discussions on these forums, you'll have to do so while remaining constructive and without making personal attacks.

I'm locking this thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.