Why you should care about your faction. (Lore)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by The Crimson Overlord, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Cyrax Servius

So, Donald Trump would be the supreme commander of the NC?

I always have at least 40% xp bonus thanks to TR overpop?

Gauss Saw?

Scatter Max?

Raven Max?

Did I mention Trump?

I will be living free in the filthy rich NC!!!
  2. TOXIC_MACHAMP

THIS POST IS JUST LIKE RACISM LOLOLOLOLOL
  3. orangejedi829

This is nearly spot-on, except:
    I've read nothing in the lore that indicates this.
  4. TOXIC_MACHAMP

niay ouryay igsay siay hattay aya ungay arrelbay ecausebay tiyay ookslay ikelay ayay eneratergay
  5. orangejedi829

Yes, i's supposed to be a gun barrel. I can see how it's kind of tough to tell though. Maybe I'll modify it.
  6. TOXIC_MACHAMP

Esyay inalyfay omesay ersonpay owhay derstandunay lol
    • Up x 1
  7. stalkish

[IMG]
    ''Bad Epic'' :D
    • Up x 1
  8. DragenoidHighLord

Well this makes actually sense,since this is a awfull and cruel world full of awfull people and we all love it,so in all honesty we just do it for some fun :D and to stick it to the opposite factions.NC just scream Uncle Sam :p and rednecks.
  9. Moridin6

NC armor confirmed made from old FORD trucks
    • Up x 2
  10. Hipshot27

I've always fought for TR because I like their stance better than the other two factions. The VS endangers our entire species by frequently using technology that it doesn't understand, while the NC is a group of private companies who fight a war for financial reasons using an army that thinks it's fighting for freedom... As TR it is my duty to prevent these kinds of people from spreading their recklessness and selfishness to our peaceful and prosperous Sol system.

That said, I think we're all forgetting about the real bad guys here...
    Nanite Systems, the triple-dipping war profiteering arms dealer that's been laughing its way to the bank for years as it supplies 3 warring factions with weapons to throw at each other in an endless war.
    • Up x 3
  11. Moridin6

4th faction???
  12. ColonelChingles

This was on the SOE website back in November 2011 explaining the origins of the NC. It makes a pretty good case that the NC at least started under the control of corporations that wanted to start a political opposition group to the TR.

The article where it's revealed that the TR assassinated Connery and pinned the blame on the NC also shows the close link between the NC and the corporations at the time. The Genudine Corporation's security force seems pretty in-tune with NC policies.

Evidence pretty clearly shows that NS controls both respawning as well as the airspace over Auraxis (seeing as how we all drop via NS droppods). It would be pretty easy for them to switch the spawners off and to just bombard the surface of Auraxis from space. Our petty squabbles look pretty pale next to what NS could do. :p
  13. ArcKnight

http://wiki.planetside-universe.com/ps/Lore

also there is a 185 year gap in the storyline just before the full scale war began, we have no idea what happened in those 185 years
  14. orangejedi829

Yes, I agree it's clear in the lore that the NC originated as a corporate mercinary group, just like the TR started out as an actual democracy back on Earth. But the lore also indicates that the present-day NC is a freedom-fighting force formed using the banner of the old NC, abandoning most of the corporate-sponsored ideologies over time. The idea that there is presently some sort of secret corporate control conspiracy going on in the NC background seems pretty unfounded based on the info we're given.
  15. FABIIK

Keyword: secret

Who's benefiting from this not being in the lore ? BINGO

The corporations themselves control what's in the lore...
  16. orangejedi829

Lol, well then obviously Vanu is secretly run by a panel of evil robot clones of the BeeGees.
    And TR is secretly run by just a normal clone of Donald Trump.
  17. Saturax

You guys trust lore to much.... all was lie... :D
    True is VS already fight aliens... thats why we are all time under populated... just wait TR/NC after we finish aliens...you are next...
    We already have floating space ships and scythes mk2 ready for you :cool:
    ( top sacret video )

Just kiding, i did join VS for accuracy over fire rate (TR) or big guns (NC) and fight in battles 1 v 10 so i dont have search targets.
    ( dont need pop balance system i prefer 20% pop +65% XP :p )
  18. Pelojian

do they though? or is the respawn system automatic from the warpgates and the NS rebirthing technology merely interfaces with the warpgate systems and redirects the respawning to where they are desired? suppose that NS turns off their rebirthing systems and people just respawn at the nearest warpgate?

remember they only discovered the respawn technology because an supposedly executed TR pilot turned up at a warpgate i recall and then they used said pilot to test the system that can sever people from the warpgate respawn technology permanently and shortly after that the scientists that became VS destroyed the prototype and sabotaged their research data on the TR systems.
  19. ColonelChingles

There's really only three pieces of lore (not counting bits from the game itself) that were written during the 2800's conflict. There's not much there to back up either interpretation really, though I would say that there is an open business influence in the NC.

The NC account doesn't suggest any significant break with the older leadership. The original business-centred leaders are still referred to as "NC officers". In the same breath the NC was said to be negotiating up until hostilities broke out, again suggesting continuity in leadership.

From the VS point of view, it seems like they agree that the NC don't work unless they are paid, reinforcing the business-centred theory. And these are relatively young adults who would only be familiar with the current NC.

In that same article, the TR accuse the NC of employing mercenaries to attack TR settlements. The NC spokesperson never denies the employment of mercenaries, only that the TR started it.

Nothing really in the TR account that suggests the NC is run one way or another.

Don't warpgates themselves seem to have been built by NS? I mean there's nothing faction-specific about the warpgates at all, and the architecture pretty closely matches other NS constructs.

Certainly the warpgates weren't designed by the VS... the obvious lack of purple makes that a solid enough of a conclusion. :p
  20. Pelojian

as far as i know the warpgates themselves are vanu technology, the only NS stuff are the buildings inside them.

it wouldn't make sense for NS to make the warpgates and then for the TR to find out about repawning by finding a pilot that was executed has been found alive and well at a warpgate (and then subsequently used by the TR to test a device to sever the respawn capability of the warpgate to a specific human).

If NS built the warpgates and is the source of the respawn technology why wouldn't the TR have known that from the start and not get surprised like that?