Why you should care about your faction. (Lore)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by The Crimson Overlord, Jul 2, 2013.

1. The Epicness

Sorry to bust every ones bubble BUTT! The VS, TR, NC. Not one of these factions are good The VS Cyborgs augmented with alien tech that they stole from Vanu graves so their also graverobbers. TR? Tyrannical space goverment. NC? Mercinary Corparation employed by the all powerful Nanite Systems. Open youre eyes people no ones good in damn game. But does that make me wanna not play this game HELL NO! Fact I have an account on all factions does any Vanu comment change my feelings towards the VS no I still hate them with a passion (mainly because smg spam and OP weapons). So I hope this comment gets seen because its true you have to uncover more than just the cover story the devs give us every faction has a dirty little secret. (if anything im agreeing with The Crimson Overlord IN A WAY!!!)
  2. XanIves

[IMG]
  3. ArcKnight

my reasons for playing NC:
    more damage, you gets bolt action at BR01, MBT with a shield and I like the blue and yellow coloration

but I don't agree with their ideology unless they tone it down to a more reasonable level as absolute individual freedom and no restrictions of corporations is a recipe for disaster.

all 3 factions embody the worst aspects of their ideology

TR want order but will open fire and execute anyoen who doesn't agree with them
    NC want freedom to the point where a fictional and prosperous society/civilization becomes impossible to maintain
    VS: wants to transcend humanity and will resort any experimentation and augmentation to achieve that goal and resemble a cult
  4. AxiomInsanity87

TR - The West is the best

NC - super spesh commie shtters

VS - Allahu ackbar
  5. Pelojian

TR are a professional army fighting for order unaware that they are serving a tyrannical government.

NC are an army of mercenaries and freedom fighters trying to defeat the TR in the hope of getting freedom when really their superiors will just install a capitalist government which is basically the same thing under a new guise.

VS think that vanu tech is the future and that they are enlightened when really they are arrogant to think they have the right to force their ideas on others and think they have the wisdom to chart the course of the entire human race.

PS2 factions are good, bad and ugly all at once every single one of them. they are three dimensional and that makes them realistic.
    • Up x 1
  6. Moridin6

as ive pointed out before,

YOU ARE ALL USING THE VANU NANO IMMORTALITY TECH
    ;)
  7. EPIC389

Bring Brent Waterson to justice and im happy. He kill Tom Connery. The beloved Tom Connery.

Sincerely

The TR infiltrator who knows the truth
  8. Pelojian

the difference is 'how far'

TR and NC use the tech of the warpgates and their connected respawn ability because it's useful and who wouldn't want that sort of semi-immortality?

TR wanted a slow and deliberate process of understanding vanu tech so it wouldn't upset the balance of power and they could pick and choose what to adopt.

VS sabotaged the device that could remove people from the warpgate respawn system because they could see where it would lead and they didn't want their research to continue to essentially be at a glacial pace, they want to research and understand Vanu tech as fast as possible and use it and are misguided in thinking that the entire human race should adopt vanu technology to the extreme and abandon humanity's unique technological development.

NC seems to be leery of vanu technology possibly due to the VS or possibly desiring to forge their own development path as much as possible rather then accepting the technological path of another race. they want to take down the TR but they don't see vanu technology the same way as the VS.
    • Up x 1
  9. The Shady Engineer

I think something like a New Terran Republic is a possibility if only the TR let go off their despotism and reform, while The VS merging with any other faction can't happen because of how far beyond reasoning the Vanu are. According to lore at least.

Which is funny because that's the complete opposite of how it goes down on live. VS and NC, especially during the outrageous overpop days, would team up on TR. However no matter how dire and desperate the situation is, TR is going to fight NC. It can be 60% territory controlled by the Vanu when the alert starts and you'll still see a 48-96 sized force f-king with NC borders. -.-
  10. thebigbortishbort

Idk , the TR were the only ones who managed to stop a massive world war though unification of major governments , Unity (its creation) , nc are selfish americunts who look to their next paycheck ( like dirty wh*res ) and vanu are spandex butts on legs that praise papa vanu .

strength in unity

-nc started it
  11. XanIves

There's a several hundred year difference between the TR that unified Earth, and the TR that devolved into a fascist regime after being stranded on Auraxis.
  12. thebigbortishbort

their freedoms were gladly voted away after repeated terrorist attacks to ensure further safety , which it did until the nc ***** decided to eventually fight , vanu had little to do with it they were on the sidelines until then.

therefore still blaming nc
  13. The Shady Engineer

The biggest 'terrorist attack', the one that blew up Connery's ship, was an inside job power grab by Waterson. Waterson became in charge, obedient Republic dogs followed without question, Waterson blamed NC (because of course he did) and started enacting fascistic laws, clusterfk ensued.

I blame TR.
    • Up x 2
  14. thebigbortishbort

it is up to interpretation , though i will say in relation to that , nc covering their *** with theories ;) , didn't see nc trying to ensure peace tho.
  15. ColonelChingles

I'm pretty sure it's NS tech actually.

I mean none of the spawners look the least bit VS... they fit rather well into the NS architecture.

And if the tech really was VS... why would the VS constantly let the opposing armies respawn?
  16. AxiomInsanity87

The TR on Auraxis are not representative of TR back on Earth.

There's a big difference.

I'm sure us westerners seem fascist to the majority of ISIS too.
    • Up x 1
  17. Moridin6

its not a matter of let, the tech got out NS made it marketable, and now everyone uses it.
  18. Diggsano

What kind of Necromancer did revive that Thread?
  19. omfgweeee

It was much more fun and easy to me :

NC = FreedoMurica
    TR = Communism will rulle the world
    VS = Fighter for g*y rights in spandex
  20. ColonelChingles

But if that's true... why don't the VS even use their own version of their technology? Instead we don't actually see any evidence that the VS have had their own development of nanite technology... everything nanite-related they use is made by NS.

VS Infantry spawners- NS
    VS Vehicle spawners- NS
    VS Engineering tool- NS
    VS Medical tool- NS
    VS Ammunition box- NS
    VS Ammunition tower- NS
    VS MANA turrets- NS
    VS ANT constructions- NS

If the VS developed it first and then the technology got out of their hands, we would be seeing both VS as well as NS versions. But in the game all we see is NS... suggesting that it's all that ever was.