Why you should care about your faction. (Lore)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by The Crimson Overlord, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Zorro

It is quite obvious that the Vanu Sovereignty is the only faction worth fighting for. It desires to help humanity reach enlightenment and salvation. The Terran Republic will stop at no means to keep itself in power, and wishes to keep humanity enslaved, with every move watched. The New Conglomerate does not just desire to eliminate abuses of power, it wants to destroy all order and revert humanity to chaos, with the corporations profiting from the downfall of civilization.

In addition, the VS seems to be the only faction that has any sort of objective morality that is not self-serving. It initially wanted peace, not war, and only took up arms when fierce and bloody persecution threatened. The Sovereignty embarked on a crusade not for its own gain but to save humanity. In contrast, the Terran Republic will not stop anywhere in order to keep humanity under its heel, and the New Conglomerate will do anything to overthrow the perceived bonds of government and religion.
  2. Curse_Gamerkin

Very good OP, you should work for the media, distorting facts and bias are good traits for politics.
    • Up x 2
  3. Rogueghost

The glorious defenders of mankind, the Terran Republic.
  4. WraithRage

I just like shooting people in a video game.... you people are nerds. :p
    • Up x 2
  5. Zorro

This game goes deeper than Counter-Strike or Team Fortress 2. What side one chooses corresponds with what he believes in, fostering factional loyalty and metagame.
    • Up x 1
  6. WraithRage

WHOOOSSSHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
    • Up x 2
  7. Compass

I dunno, forcing gene therapy on TR and NC and the general public sounds pretty immoral. Maybe some of us don't want to have our bodies altered to fit into spandex.
    • Up x 2
  8. Zorro

Whoever said we would force anyone to do anything?
  9. IamDH

One of them wears spandex
  10. Wintermaulz

"The early Vanu Sovereignty leadership established the group's philosophy, namely that humans are still evolving, and that it is desirable and just that humanity exceed its biological limitations through augmentation with alien technology. This philosophy advocates a shift from human to an elevated form of being, and can accordingly be considered transcendentalist."

Straight off the PS2 wiki.
    • Up x 5
  11. EliteEskimo

Zorro I know they repress your mental trauma of wearing spandex 24/7 with brain implants to control emotions. It's not hard to see that all Vanu wear spandex so it is forced bro:p

TR = Good guys who helped build Auraxis big and strong, but now that the scientists are using technology against them those radical nerds need to be taught a lesson if they don't put their TR research goggles back on:D . TR are trying to preserve the tradition and morals that built the foundations of Auraxis. TR are the ones trying to keep the greedy corporations in line. They use Strict Curfews and Martial laws so they don't lose further control of Auraxis, and desperate times call for desperate measures.
    TR= Ultra Awesome Space Conservatives that the VS/NC deserve but not the one that they think they need right now.:cool:

NC= Evil corporations corrupt with greed that brain wash their soldiers with words of freedom and justice, even though they are really being manipulated to be the corporations hand in war.

VS = The Scientists who saw great potential in the alien technology on Auraxis and didn't want to do the paper work and have their progress impeded by safety protocols. These are the guys in chemistry class who didn't want to ignite a spoon of Phosphorus at a time, they wanted to do tests with entire beakers. The Vanu hope their crazy ambitions pay off, but they could very well turn into the Wayland-Yutani scenario from Aliens Colonial Marines where the technology will come back to bite them.

The way I see it TLDR

TR= Good Guys, and Professional Military Space Conservatives :cool:

NC= Manipulated soldiers who believe they are fighting as the good guys when really they are the bad guys.

VS= Impatient Scientists who didn't want to deal with TR safety protocols and now think they can improve man kind and no one will stop them from making us all wear spandex:D

Good Guy Index goes TR>VS>NC
  12. NinjaTurtle

Honestly I see things I like in all the empires

If forced to choose I would go NC though, I think they are the safer option
    • Up x 1
  13. Zorro

I did not see "forced" anywhere there, did you?
  14. The Crimson Overlord

I haven't laughed so hard in weeks...SAFE? AHHAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAAAHHAHAHA! WAR ISN'T SAFE, PAL!
  15. NinjaTurtle

War is inevitable regardless of faction, there is no safety from that
  16. Ruffdog

Mankind.
    The NC would rip it to shreds. Absolute freedom is absolute chaos.
    The VS would consign it to history and force an "evolution" upon us.

The Terran Republic are the only ones to keep Mankind strong. We will fight all that threaten humanity at 1000 rounds per minute.

Loyalty until death.
    • Up x 1
  17. GSZenith

there is lore in ps2? :eek:
  18. Purg

You're not one of those whiny nudniks that'll debate lore and why you chose the wrong faction in the middle of a large battle, are you?

WGAS about lore, really? I have two characters on all three factions. I support shooting red doritos.
    • Up x 1
  19. Martlns

Safer in that vanguard :p .
    For a while i thought i WOULD go with the TR,however, it seems that it is on the verge of collapsing, and the ideas of NC, suits me better.. Maybe historic influence has it's ways somehow..
  20. Aethestis

this is why you play the TR (Thanks ninja turtle for having this in your sig, i love that video)

The TR is in no way on the verge of collapse, if anything , it is grieving for the other lost children of humanity who want to ruin things for everyone else :p

come back to us lost children, we welcome you with open arms.... and carvs for all those who wont come back