Why no "Nerf NC!" or "Nerf TR!" threads?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by orangejedi829, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Citizen H

Heh. "Cheeser".
    I haven't heard the term uttered since 2001 when I was ramming people into fiery scrap with a turbo charged blue Cadillac armed with a spiked bumper and paralyzing electric harpoons. I actually embraced the title and painted a wedge of cheese on the hood.
    • Up x 1
  2. FateJH

I don't even know what that third panel is.
  3. Pelojian

People love to bash the TR over it's government and yet if you strip that away and are not too hot on space american freedom or religious like technocracy and don't like their weapons the TR should appeal to people.

It's a professional military, with emphasis on loyalty, duty etc it's weapon's aren't really creative but that's the fault of them weaving the lore so they sort of shun new types of weaponry not in the same class as traditional weaponry(this is unrealistic in my eyes ANY professional military will adopt new types of weapons when they are affordable, practical and provide advantages over older weapons)

the TR setup (minus the crap lore rejection of non-gunpowder weapons) citizens of any nation that has a professional military with the same focus on loyalty and duty can relate to the TR IMHO. change their faction icon, color and add some more eye candy ammo pouches and satchels on their infantry models and you could make them look like any nation's professional army that exists today.
  4. Isokon

That's funny, because VS is by far the least played faction on PS4...
  5. Sebastien

It's a straw man. The irony is that it somehow still represents some VS posters in their obnoxious propaganda of just being better. It's also parody of a comic strip making fun of gay pride parades where once again they attempt to prove a point by obnoxiously ramming it down everybody's throat.
    The black suits and red decals is a throwback to when VS players would attempt to look like TR players so that it was harder to differentiate Friend or Foe.
    The Reddit alien thing in the back is surrounded by up votes because it's a VS hugbox, and you can make contrary opinions disappear by down voting them.
  6. Krinsee

Bullet drop? Again.. Bullet drop has no effect of fights below 50-75 m which is where most combat happens. And for sniper rifles. Our bolt action rifles HAVE bullet drop. As to faster reload. that is balanced by faster damage drop over range, slower overall bullet velocity, and less DPM.
  7. Cynicismic

This.

Because so many fights in PlanetSide 2, specifically brawls and attacks on control points, shield generators, and SCUs, are at point-blank range, bullet drop is rendered completely irrelevant. Ultimately, because of the bullet drop other factions experience, it will mean that it'll take something along the lines of a fifth of a second longer to kill an enemy, which isn't an overly dramatic time difference. Of course, sniping becomes more difficult, though as discussed earlier, standard VS sniper rifles do not have the luxury that is the ability to one-shot an enemy, (others such as the Parallax do, however, though this is balanced by other NC and TR sniper rifles which are also good), and so while spamming the trigger can partially compensate, usually after your first direct hit, enemies will realise they're being targeted and flee. I don't know about you, though I'd rather take out an enemy with a single shot rather than spam plasma into the distance.

Most of what makes the VS seem overpowered is Community hype. The fact that we win alerts is because we have more players. Our stories and lore are more interesting, and the presence of alien technology as standard will encourage many new players to join us. That, and because we have so many good players. Good players from other factions will hear the VS hype from the Community and come to the conclusion that we are the better faction. Hence, we see a rise in players with more skill, which consequently results in us winning more alerts. That isn't our fault. That's down to NC and TR members whining, which will send better players to us.

People will always want something to blame. The Vanu Sovereignty is not "out of hand". We are a well balanced faction. The issue is that other factions are imbalanced in certain aspects. The NC MAX, for instance, could be regarded as overpowered as a Scattercannon tears you to shreds in a Biolab brawl. The NC Vanguard also, which has the ability to turn on shields, has a very powerful gun, and has strong armour. I would say that overall, TR are slightly underpowered. The VS are well balanced. The issue is that the other factions are out of balance.

Now, if you don't mind, I'm off to climb Everest in my Magrider.
  8. Devilllike

your so called bullet drop is ridiculous,i saw the accuracy of the VS guns a dude could freaking kill me in 100 meters with extreme accuracy like 100% headshots with a gun of a heavy these stuff in other games are PERKS vanu have them for the lols.Balanced you say? say that to orion
  9. Cynicismic

I don't see why so many people complain about the Orion when the VS Heavy Assaults can use Lashers, which fire entire orbs of volatile plasma. This gun can clear entire post-destruction Sunderer survival groups, capture points, SCUs - you name it. The VS Heavy Assault is undoubtedly the best Heavy Assault unit of each Empire. Though honestly, I don't understand why there is so much hype over the Orion when there are other guns that are much more powerful.

It's also very easy to take down an enemy at 100m range with any weapon, as I've found in my own experience. You just have to be able to aim properly.
  10. CNR4806

There are NC and TR OP threads.

The defining difference is that most of the NC and TR weaponry mentioned do end up nerfed, having counterparts buffed to compensate or having said counterparts added to the game, while the VS generally gets away scot-free.
    • Up x 1
  11. jmdafk

yeh its not just the orion.
    Check out most non-OP (i.e balanced/fair) related reviews/questions or you tube vids and TR weapons always come up last in any comparsion.
    Then our Max and MBT get a special sitting duck mode which is utterly useless in any type of battle that actually matters.
    Infact our max is utterly useless short of some supression and by far the weakest.

The only thing TR are good at is farming and our AR's are the best across the board (although none could claim to be the best AR)
    The vulcan seems good to, but you need 2 players to use that properly

There is a reason VS win all the time and other factions get a bit wingy about it. Doning a latex suit doesnt automatically make everyone a better player. The better players are playing VS for a reason and its not that the weapons are no better or the latex is more visible......
    If TR had the best weapons, all those beetleguts kills we see would be butcher kills instead.

Fortunately i dont take the game to seriously but i feel for those guys we have trying to organise TR into alert winning sqauds.

That was a bit of a rant?
    • Up x 1
  12. Ragnarox

TR players are Crybabies thats why you always lose or get teamplayed by VS and NC. Noone likes crybabies and killing those kind of players are best way to have fun. Especially if you log into alert on TR side and hear so many cries about vanu, its funny i should make some video out of it. Its like whole platoon is crying instead of rushing to a point. TR are bad faction, but some of good players are saving you. Stop nerf this nerf that threads and practice and get better.
  13. Ragnarox

can you tell one weapon that is nerfed like zoe and ppa?
  14. Scr1nRusher

Those weapons got nerfed hard because they were abused hard.

And VS defended them the hardest aswell.
    • Up x 2
  15. Ragnarox

So minigun harrasers are not abused too? cmon man be ralistic.

after the nerf noone uses them. but we dont cry like TR and post buff zoe, buff ppa every day 10 threads. we play with what we got right now.
  16. Devilllike

Well mate i made a vanu i tested on the field the faction was the most diorganised among the 3 and i came to the conclusion that the vanu win only because of their gun difference,no wonder everybody wants to play vanu now
  17. Pelojian

Vulcan harassers are still a thing and haven't been nerfed hard because of our hole in infantry AV and the fact that it is in line with the saron and enforcer, instead of a nerf they have given out similar vulcan type weapons to the VS and NC that have their own limitations to stop them complaining.

If TR had decent infantry ES AV options you would not see so many vulcan harassers around.
    TR is fitting vulcan harrassers into situations where the NC or VS would use infantry ES AV instead.

If NC or VS found out that DBG was making a NS raven or NS lancer there would be a big uproar over it.(and no the archer doesn't count as an NS lancer, it only does as much as an uncharged shot and is meant as anti-max)
    • Up x 3
  18. TechPriestess

Striker says "Hi!"
    • Up x 2
  19. Pikachu

20. Crayv

Don't forget the Fractures.... and I still view the CARV as mostly worthless.