Why no "Nerf NC!" or "Nerf TR!" threads?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by orangejedi829, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Pelojian

I could say that NC and VS take for granted that they have functional infantry AV that can hit out to long range accurately too you know.

none of those three are overpowered and if TR didn't have a big hole in infantry AV you wouldn't see so many vulcan harrassers around, sometimes a weapon or vehicle seems OP because it has good stats or is popular when it's not always because it's good it's sometimes because it fills a hole something else is supposed to fill in sometimes.

for once it seems they didn't want to nerf directly TR again so they jsut gave out similar close range AV for MBTs and Harrassers and gave TR a more range orientated AV.(possibly an experiment config to fix fractures)

so DBG where is my NS lancer? i mean if you are going to give all factions something they lack in one department of weapon roles you can give out the lancer to everybody since you are just about to give out a superior striker clone.

sure it'll mean i get pelted by NC with NS lancers but totally worth it using it against VS and making them understand how frustrating the lancer's extreme range, deterrence and ranged killing capability are.

1)Pounders have drop and are restricted to close range unless you have a good eye/experiance for the drop, if it couldn't hurt infantry it'd rarely get pulled and at least when i fire a few rounds off if they hit or miss is down to my aim and the enemy's movements not bad cof and is good anti max.

2)Prowler kills more but also dies more, better at AI then the other tanks sure, but vanguard has shield to use against any threat and is good at close range against other tanks, magrider has good evasion at medium range if the driver is any good, has magburn that can be used similarly to the shield to avoid enemy fire from A2G ESF.

Prowler is a tank destoryer with a ES ability tuned to be an offensive rather then defensive/flanking ability.

3)Claymore is taller is painted red and is usefully placed from a cover point that obscures it from veiw, proxies can be dropped on top of stairwells without being seen and you can drop them on the run or jump down on enemies and drop them. you can place both in bushes and if you want a good chance to kill with proxies deploy two apart along the enemy's likely path.
    • Up x 1
  2. Taemien

Might have something to do with this:

[IMG]

And there is quite a few Nerf NC and TR threads. Used to see quite a bit on the Vulcan. But I think they have died down due to the new ES AV secondaries on the way.

Still see a Raven Nerf thread once in a while as well. And usually a nerf Airhammer one about once a month.

Orion is in the spot light simply because if you look at any alert weapon stat, its always the top killer. There's a variety of reasons given for it, many misguided, some not. But at the end of the day... a 40% win rate for the last year is a good reason to why you see the threads about nerfing the VS.

Personally I think we simply need a base overhaul. One that fixes not only faction balance, but vehicle to infantry roles as well. But that's basically getting a new game and I doubt we'll see it.

So more than likely we'll see VS stuff get nerfed, or NC/TR stuff buffed. Or nothing at all... it is a 3 year old game. We'll see though.
  3. Devilllike

what what? first time you hear it?
  4. 0fly0

I can make a thread about nerfing the cyclone if you want but apparently when a faction can't aim they have the right to keep op weapon...
  5. Devilllike

here is a video showing how op the tr is
    • Up x 2
  6. BlueSkies

Lets talk about the last year. After launch I took a break from the game and came back last fall (creating the characters listed below). At that time all the talk was about NC is so OP because the Devs, mainly Higby, have NC bias. Then there was outrage over the incredibly OP Banshee and the absurd PPA spam on every server.

So.. what happened? PPA was nerfed. Banshee was nerfed. NC weren't really touched. But because Higby left the NC are apparently no longer OP and the Banshee was the one last kinda ridiculous thing the TR had left. This just leaves the VS with their mystical aura of OPness that can't really be defined very well.
  7. Citizen H

The most damning evidence, what should be a MASSIVE red flag to anyone not intellectually dishonest, is that with little to know knowledge of prior history of the game, mechanic and balance, more Ps4 players gravitated to VS before any other faction. Brand newbies with fresh eyes, log into the game and decide in short order the VS are the best faction. That alone speaks volumes.

The only reason people can be denying VS has a problem, at this point, is that they are desperately trying for a coverup. That the developers have let it go on for so long and have acted as enablers should tell you something also.
    • Up x 2
  8. Haquim

I can confirm the Prowler AI thing.
    To be honest, when I started the game (and I'm here since beta) I thought it was rather ******** to have two barrels, since it meant that it took you half a second longer to deliver deadly splash damage. That could make all the difference.
    But then the tank-nerfs, disguised as "all-around lethality nerf" hit (and I'm still waiting for the infantry nerf or tank armor buff) and splash didn't matter anymore - suddenly the Prowler seemed twice as good at AI than the other two.
    Against vehicles the two barrels (and their better DPS) are either a boon or a curse - depending how far away you are and how the enemy is moving, so I don't think it makes a difference there.

And regarding the claymores - in my experience NC/VS mines suffer the same problem as their ESRLs. People don't use them right.
    It is true, inside buildings Claymores are vastly superior, because you can mine doorways a lot better.
    I have found that NC/VS mines are infuriatingly easy to hide under rocks and small bushes - especially nasty in Biolabs.
    They are also a lot harder to see, especially on grey building surfaces, but that is kinda offset by having to place them in sight to really block an access.
  9. Ragnarox

Because NC and mostly TR players cry on the forums because they heard VS are op from another player. And then rumor spreads, everyone dying from Orion because Orion is OP weapon. "mg so many orions, Orion is op nerf nerf". But they don't realize that Orion is just plain dumb starter weak weapon that everybody uses until they get to br30 and buy yourself better weapon called SVA that noone complaines about.

TR players are bunch of kids. I often log to my TR player just to hear them cry on mic. Funny tho. Every second word is nerf this nerf that :D

DB knows that and ignores this stupid idiotic players.
  10. DeltaValkyrie

Reasons why people complain Vanu is overpowered...

0.75 ADS movement modifier for orion/beetlegauss is OP.
    Spandex blends so well into the Dark it's OP.
    Magrider can dodge sideways while keeping front of their armour engaging the enemy.
    Lancer doesn't render sometimes at long distances.
    Heat mechanic (infinite ammo) is OP.
    PPA for days on scythes.
    Scythe is hardest to hit aircraft front on.
    Magriders with Saron ****** infantry and tanks alike (shudders).
    Magriders can climb mountains! Including 90 degree slopes and even onto Biolab landing pads.
    They use batteries instead of bullets (plz nerf) Energy has no bullet drop!
    That *** on the female infiltrato... (BLAM - Death for harrassment).

...While forgetting

Prowler with lockdown = highest DPS ever...
    Vanguard with I WIN shields
    Pounders ****** everything in matter of seconds.
    Claymores are OP as f**k... makes proxy mines and bouncing Betties look like pizzas
    ZOE is completely useless.
    Vulcan on Harrassers...
    Canister (sniper rifle) on Harrassers...
    Reaver Airhammers have shorter TTK than PPA
    Jackhammers in Biolabs
    Jackhammers anywhere for that matter....
    Gauss SAW sniper rifle machinegun hybrids everywhere.
    Them Anchor and MSRs...
    The Striker! (BLAM - We don't talk about this here, by management)
    Scatmaxes in Biolabs
    Scatmaxes on points
    C4 fairies (more OP than Vanu)
    Common Sense (MOST OP part).

I conclude that it is obvious everything needs to be nerfed so we can all play Kindergarten games with each other.
  11. Beerbeerbeer

Lately, on emerald at least, the NC has been the Zerg faction. Quite the contrary on Connery, though. TR on emerald is always the low-pop faction for the most part, but they still do well.

Also, the alert winners, at least during prime time, have been fairly evenly split the past few weeks. Could be a blip in the overall trend, but eh, I'm immune to any buff/nerf as I learned my lesson in ps1: having healthy characters in all factions hedges your bets.
  12. Cynicismic

I just played a new NC Infiltrator for half an hour or so against VS at Freyr Amp Station, during the Miller Esamir Alert, before deleting him and returning to my good ol' VS Combat Medic. The results were highly informative. With the standard side-arm alone, in my first life, I managed a 6 kill streak against highly experienced Vanu Sovereignty players, as I could see from their battle ranks. I duelled with two enemy Infiltrators, both of whom were above battle rank 40, and emerged victorious. The Mag-Shot is a ridiculously powerful side-arm as standard, (with no attachments, or anything; completely stock), as is the NC-14 Bolt Driver that gave me nostalgic thoughts from when I used to play more New Conglomerate. In my very brief time playing alongside a faction that has been alien to me for so long, my K/D was around the 5.33 mark, and I made it to battle rank 5 within 6 minutes. With completely stock weapons and abilities, (I made the effort not to spend any Certification points on anything, for I knew I would not play it that long).

I have never had such levels of success in either my VS Infiltrator, or when I played TR, their Infiltrator, (at least, not completely stock, though I've never been too spectacular as a VS Infiltrator anyway). I also briefly hopped into a Vanguard - stock - and still managed to annihilate three enemy Lightnings, (one at range, and two while brawling). I am yet to play the Reaver, though I guess I needn't bother. Anyone with more than two brain cells to knock together know that as soon as you start to play the Reaver, you should invest some money into getting Breaker Rocket Pods - the same applies for TR. That way, you can pinpoint enemies down and halt entire advances through tight corridors and wider spaces alike, by hovering 100m off the ground and never lettin' go of that left click button. I don't think that the VS has this luxury, unless you count the Scythe PPA, which still doesn't have the "trolling" capabilities of laying waste to entire facilities with rocket pods.

The VS are generalists, which is probably why so many people complain about them. In terms of weaponry: NC have the harder-hitting, slower firing main guns; TR have the exact opposite, and the VS is the middle ground. Vanu Sovereignty guns are accurate at range, though burst fire is, in my experience, better than simply firing randomly: something of which I was very able to do in my TR Light Assault Trooper. VS weapons also have no bullet drop, however, though fundamentally this doesn't really matter unless you're sniping at extreme or long ranges. Bullet drop as other factions, from my own experience, is barely noticeable anyway.

Likewise, in the instance of main battle tanks, the Vanguard is the equivalent of the Soviet IS-7 tank, for instance: slow, heavily armoured, and with a powerful main gun. The TR Prowler is more like the American M18 Hellcat, or M10 Wolverine - both tank destroyers - being fast, fairly small, and mobile, in exchange for poorer armour. The VS Magrider are like medium tanks with frontally mounted fixed main weapons with limited upwards traverse. Certainly, the Magrider can strafe while keeping its main gun facing its target, and even as a VS soldier I've seen Magriders climb inclines that make me question how true to life the physics engine is in this game, though they are very easy to run rings around. Magriders have slow hull traverse, and while it can mount powerful turret weapons, these alone won't save it. Aggression is the key to eliminating a Magrider, and not being afraid to get up-close and personal in order to get around it. Alternatively, you can drive tanks underneath the Magrider too, which you can't do with any other tank. The belly armour is very thin.

When regarding aircraft, the Scythe is not used as much as the other two, or at least as extensively. This is because of the poorer weapon choice, and how it probably cannot mount Breaker Rocket Pods. There is very little to say against Vanu aircraft other than perhaps the PPA. Though if players from other empires don't like it, yet happily endorse the spamming of rocket pods, then my hypocrisy meter will be going off the charts. It's the classic: "I can do it, though they're not allowed to because that would make it unfair". I have no sympathy for players who complain about the PPA, because their factions have rockets that, when spammed relentlessly, can decimate a multitude of squads at a time. I very rarely see this happen when a Scythe rains PPA plasma from the sky.

TL;DR, Vanu are balanced well. They are more generalist than the other two factions, which is a potential cause to people constantly complaining about them. Either that, or the majority of TR/NC players are very immature, and blame aspects of the game instead of themselves for when they die. Or that bashing the VS is just fun, because we dress very oddly.
  13. Ragnarox

There will be always those who defy Vanu masterrace, but only on forums crying for nerfs. its like 5 threads from Br10 every weak how orion is op or how Vanu have more HP then other or how God is on Vanu's side or something....get over it or gtf0 to counter strike.
  14. TheMish

Because the TR is so underpowered that sometimes it's unplayable when fighting Vanu, and because the NC is the most well balanced faction in the game.

The Vanu is so overpowered that someone with parkinson's could be a top player.

Not all of us play Vanu characters as our mains, maybe having fun while playing other factions should be a thing? Because I know maining a TR that fighting Vanu, and rarely, but sometimes NC is unbearable.
  15. xSalt

id just like to point out, that the majority of people in this thread telling others to "shut up, and get good" in defense of the vanu, are very quick to point at NC and TR things and yell OP. And the reason people feel vanu is op is because they have no clear cut faction trait anymore. It is supposed to be no bullet drop and the charge up mechanic.
    But everyone says those don't actually matter and that VS faction trait is actually .75 ADS movement speed on there HA. Which is a HUGE advantage when dodging bullets against someone that moves 50% slower than you. But instead have some of everybody's traits. There stock LMG is tied for highest fire rate LMG, a title that belongs clearly to the TR, yet they don't hold. They also have some of the fastest reload times across the board, and some of the most controllable weapons. And most of there infantry weapons don't exactly suffer from lack of dps. All of these things, combined in large numbers, can lead to a sense of OP'ness.

It's just like the Vulcan harasser, it really does perform on par as far as kills per hour and **** goes. But there are twice as many of them, so NC and VS die to Vulcans more then any other TR option. So now you get your own Vulcan. Well guess what, more VS heavies use Orion/Betelgeuse than any other LMG. So us TR and NC die to them a lot. But I don't have an Orion, and I'm not complaining, I'm happy with what is left of my FACTION DIVERSITY. And I want to keep FACTION DIVERSITY in this multi faction game.

The only way to stop it is to give everyone the exactsame****andruinthis game. So please stop complaining.
  16. travbrad

Winning alerts has more to do with being overpopped than being overpowered. Within 20 minutes of an alert starting the NC/TR pops suddenly drop and VS have higher pop. Even when the server pops are fairly even sometimes the alert continent still has a significant VS overpop, like the NC/TR just don't even want to bother trying. There is also some strategy (for the platoon leaders) to winning alerts, but it's a lot easier if your pop is higher. When they first did that "World Domination Series" the results were almost exactly proportional to the average population of the factions.
  17. Citizen H

It's expected to have a certain amount of "Rock too strong, Paper is fine, pls buff Scissors" in any competitive game. But in this case, it's Paper and Rock coming together to say that Scissors are out of control and are a threat to the health of the game.

Just for the sake of argument, take a look at the original balance wheel.
    In the current game, VS don't kick like the wheel says they should with Recoil. TR definitely does NOT have low sustained Recoil in practice; without control TR guns run away and bloom easy. Less than NC but more than VS, (the later shouldn't be the case). Nor does the TR on the whole have a very high ROF advantage. Instead they got damage per shot closer to the VS, but without the ability to put shots on target. On the faster guns TR does get, they end up paying a lot of extra penalties to accuracy/bloom or spin-up. The wheel doesn't show why VS should get fast reloads (considering TR's the disciplined professional army that makes little sense) or no bullet drop. In practice, VS gets a lot of little hidden perks that add up over the whole faction. They don't want for damage or accuracy and in the present game they have no real downside when it's clear Recoil and ROF were supposed to be their hobgoblins.

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  18. Citizen H

More proof that VS is OP. People are not going to rush to a gimped/mediocre faction for an alert. They want to win so they go to the faction that gives them the best chance. Why would you NOT play VS when you know they have the best chance to stomp the competition? This just makes it clear cut how much most people despise fighting VS.

I mean, I'm even looking at your sig stats. It's clear you favor playing VS the most and TR the least. That's entirely common. You think it's just coincidence so many people feel VS are OP and TR get the short end?
    • Up x 1
  19. travbrad

I actually much prefer TR over NC. NC was just the faction I started with and I didn't know any better. Most of the NC guns are garbage compared to TR IMO, except their Max AI guns. I rarely even play NC anymore.
  20. Sebastien

Obviously it's become an E P I C M E M E.
    But VS are super ******* obnoxious about it[IMG]
    • Up x 3