Why isn't there rage at SOE's phasing out of combined arms?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jachim, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Emotitron

Yeah, this in all areas. If they don't want something somewhere... make it hard for it to be there. Bio Labs do a fine job of making infantry only zones without needing to turn all vehicles into cert pinatas.

SOE seems to want to reduce vehicle spam by injecting more and more hostility toward them into the game. What is wrong with a sky full of aircraft if everyone feels like flying? Just inject ways for infantry to minimize their exposure to them. Don't just hand out lock-ons like candy.

Eventually all of those people in the air will shoot one another down, or realize they need to get out of their vehicles if they want to cap something. Nerf my rocket pods into ping pong balls if that is what it takes, just stop buffing the ability for non-rendering/single pixel/zero resource cost enemies to harass vehicles endlessly when we are not up in their faces.
    • Up x 6
  2. Darksignal

Agree with everything your'e saying It doesn't turn the base caps into deathmatch fights I was still able to pull my prowler up a ridge and help cap a point with suppressed fire anyway people are acting like no one is going to be outside of bases fighting eachother with vehicles. I do think some of the capabilities of inf to take out vehicles effectively at distance needs to be toned down some but tanks still have their place with walls.
  3. Madcat9

Deleted because what I posted has already been said.
  4. DashRendar

A TR complaining that they are unable to keep vehicles for long enough to do anything. WELCOME TO STRIKERSIDE.
    • Up x 3
  5. Jachim

Read the title of this thread again. Then reread my post.

Then reply, in one solid post, why you disagree. Thanks.
  6. Reskan

[IMG]

Here's Esamir before the patch. This is why we can't have nice things like "combined arms" because of things like this happening. This isn't fun for anyone.
    • Up x 13
  7. theholeyone

:eek: A good point and a picture, I tip my hat to you, good sir.
    • Up x 3
  8. Rebelgb

Post FTW.

This. All day this.
    • Up x 1
  9. LT_Latency

This new design is for infantry, There are 2 contents for veichles and one for infantry. I like this one alot
  10. Rebelgb

WORD.
  11. Bearcat

Hey, look! 5 people actually got out of their vehicles that time!

Vehicles camping spawn room exits for easy kills is probably the worst thing about the game right now. The queue was too big to try out Esamir today, but if the walls fix that, I may never leave that continent. Now they just need to fix the never-ending stream of drop pods that constantly rain down on bases.
    • Up x 4
  12. Stew360

NEW bases design are awesome , vehicules are dominents between bases and infantry are dominent into the bases

Planetside 1 was based on that , facilitys with Huges walls around to protect the inside from vehicules spam ,pretty much all the figths inside the bases were infantry only , and the figths between bases was vehicules domination as well as infantry gerilla tactics going from cover to cover

Esamir new design bring back some of those planetside 1 features , if your not happy about this its just because you cant farm the spawn room anymore ?

GOOD learn to play MBT vs MBT ;) thats my tips

The NEW esamir is AWESOME and i would never go back to the old one now ...
    • Up x 4
  13. Kulantan

Combined arm =/= vehicles farming infantry

The esamir changes are pretty darn good at guiding tanks to being tatical rather than ridiculous spawn campers. In general the walls cannot be lined with engy turrets and they can't be shot over. This makes tanks reasonably safe from inf. The walls also mean that there are limited entrances and combined with the no-deploy zones this limits sundy placement hugely. Therefore, if you want to make a difference to fights then go sundy hunting. Vehicles control the outside of bases and therefore the reinforcements. This role will be reinforced when ANTs make it in.
    • Up x 5
  14. Ranik

And as per usual. IF Stew360 is for it, then it's actually bad for the game.
    • Up x 5
  15. LT_Latency

Why, infantry don't want to play with vehicle drivers.

This is your attitude. I paid for 450 points for my vehicle so I should be able to blow your *** to hell and back and you should just respawn and be happy about it.

This is not fun for infantry so giving us big places to fight without the "I should own you all day vehicle drivers is a good thing"
    • Up x 2
  16. nukularZ

It's a bit chaotic right now!

[IMG]
  17. MasonSTL

THIS OP! You are not looking towards what they have planed in terms of the resource revamp. As of now yeah I guess you can't camp a spawn room but that doesn't mean that they are completely out of the equation.
    • Up x 1
  18. Crashmatusow

50 tanks spamming the spawn= OMFG SCRUB GET SOME SKILL

50 infantry spamming the spawn with explosives= MASTERFUL GAMEPLAY
    • Up x 9
  19. treeHamster

OP, combined arms means having vehicles in a game that can do more than just move the infantry around. They have weapons, and can kill infantry as well as other vehicles. What it does not mean, is that you can roll a vehicle up to a spawn point and just spam the hell out of it to get free kills.

^ This is called spawn camping, not combined arms. If you wanna do this, get your butt out of the car, walk up to the spawn and hold your gun to it like a man. Don't hide in your bullet resistant tank with the 15mm cannon that shoots explosive shells and whine when you can't shove the barrel right into the spawn point anymore.

Haha, dogfighting, WWII style. Looks pretty freakin' sweet if you ask me.
    • Up x 5
  20. Ranik

Hell they won't be happy until entire continents are completely hostile to vehicles. Esamir was the nice open vehicle friendly continent and that's been "fixed" with plenty of infantry friendly zones and terrain changes where they can of course easily camp the surrounding areas.

And anyone expecting the resource revamp to fix vehicle gameplay..... The damage the devs are doing on a monthly basis is not going to be undone by a simple resource system change. The very maps, mechanics and balance is all getting tilted against vehicles more and more. And a new resource system isn't going to fix that. It might let you spam your ****** not fun to play vehicle more often. But if your entire experience is pissing into the wind.... why would you want to do it more?

"Congratulations you can now spawn your vehicle more often. However now you basically sacrifice all infantry resources and other vehicle resources to do so and the vehicle in question is still nerfed into the floor. Enjoy."
    • Up x 3