Why is this game not 64bit?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by freehotdawgz, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Hydragarium

*squints* So... correcting you is considered being upset? Right... that sure makes sense.

You are gravely underestimating how many computers are running in the world, and how many of them are running a windows based system. (And no - the prepackaged "solitaire" games are not considered games for this statistic)

I think I'll stick with statistics that are actually relevant to the discussion - gamers.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

Windows 7 alone accounts for around 70% - Windows XP is struggling to even retain around 10% market share.
  2. ENGTX

you can overclock ram above limit of 4 gig . in 32 bit and you can have even 16gig in a os .
    how ? google it .
  3. Hydragarium

What the hell are you smoking? Overclocking RAM does not make it contain any more data magically.o_O
  4. TomaHawk

You didn't correct me, you only showed your own undercurrent of faulty disdain, and perhaps, insecurities. I see many of your responses lack a basic respect for others and give a decent hint of how bitter you are sitting there behind that screen.

The only correction I will leave you with is the most important, and has the least to do with your delusions, is for you to learn how to respect yourself before you can learn to respect others. That is, if you are able. Step 2 should be obvious, even to you.

I feel sorry for you, really. But that doesn't mean I wish you anything less than the best, Hydragarium. Good luck!
  5. Hydragarium

*pat pat*

You'll amount to something, some day... maybe.
  6. haldolium

Does anyone has true memory issues actually?

Last time I checked it didn't get far above 2GB in memory usage...

However if there are memory problems, one could still check if PS2 has the LAA (Large Address Awareness) Flag enabled and if not, do so.
  7. Mauller

IT would probably take them a lot of time to refactor the code if they did not originally design to be system agnostic as a lot of code can tend to be written that only works on 32bit systems, one such example is that in 64bit windows an integer is 32bit not 64bit but pointers are 64bit so you will end up with information being truncated if you cast a pointer in 64bit into an int among otherproblems.

also any code that has been written in Assembly will need to be refactored as 32 and 64bit asm are not interchangeable as far as i am aware.
  8. Ashtoruin

NO! MAKE IT STOP, BAD ASSEMBLY... (just spent 8 hours of my life writing assembly for a class) But making a 64 bit client is often not as easy as hitting the compile for 64bit... and even then it wouldn't necessarily make the game run better.
  9. TintaBux

You are wrong.

Check steam stats.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

Your living 10 years ago.
  10. TomaHawk

Wow, and you actually missed the part where Steam says, (ROFL!) "Steam conducts a monthly survey to collect data about what kinds of computer hardware and software our customers are using".

You didn't read my earlier posts, nor did you look at the cited links I posted. I did not include JUST Steam, I included articles that listed overall what OS was being used. Time to consider reading comprehension, TintaBux. I never included just those limited number of systems with specific GAME CLIENTS installed on them.

And the correct use of "Your" is "You're", by the way. It's a contraction for "You are". Understand, now?

10 years ago, heh. You're funny!

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Windows-8-Windows-XP-Market-Share-Windows-98-Zombie,21341.html
  11. m44v

Because PS2 doesn't need to use 4gb of ram.
  12. Posse

And why should we care about what is used overall? What we need is a representative sample (i.e. a sample of gamers), most of the PCs are not used for gaming so the results of an overall survey are not relevant. On the other hand, a sample of Steam users (all gamers) is representative and relevant por PS2.
    • Up x 1
  13. TomaHawk

I am not going into this again, but I avoid Steam, unless I have a hankering for Skyrim. I play PS2, and do not have Steam installed.
    SOE would have to chime in on what they consider useful information when it comes to developing their games, but in the end it doesn't matter to me. My only point was they might care about OS and configurations in use the most, whether they have a game install client on their boxes or not.

[IMG]
  14. WookLordz

I agree. Stop pandering to the lowest common denominator. This is a PC exclusive game.
  15. Posse

So what? I don't have steam installed neither, but that doesn't matter, Steam has a great number of users all of which have the features which are useful for PS2 (they're gamers), from there you can collect an excellent sample of gamers, it's not necessary that every PS2 player has Steam installed in order for the data collected from Steam to be useful.
  16. TomaHawk

And you figured that all out on your own? Congrats!
  17. Hydragarium

Steam surveys are still a hell of a lot more relevant than "hurr durr all computers we could find on the planet" - this is about a GAME, not an office suite. So stop beating that poor horse and send it to a vet, you horrible person.
    • Up x 1
  18. Hydragarium

I don't even...
  19. TomaHawk

hehehh
  20. queue

Core I5 running 32bit Win7 with 3gb of useable ram. Game runs fine so hush.