Why is the Dalton so powerful???

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JustGotSuspended, Jan 20, 2022.

1. AntDX316

I've seen being under Heavy fire from lots and lots of air. No matter how much AA we had we will got spawn camped and lost the base. They had a lot of repair galaxies and other things flying. Sure, at this level of coordination because a faction decided to dump a lot of pop on it it's bad and Super OP. By themselves they aren't that great. Even 2x repair galaxy with bulldogs can be as OP or worse. Singling out the Dalton is dumb imo. If the gunner misses the shot, it takes a while to reshoot plus it's possible to find cover to repair as long as the tank isn't in the massive open and the lib is taking zero fire from anywhere else but that kind of solo catch.. even a harasser with anything anti-tank can mop up any MBT solo. I've done it with cloaked flashes at times if they don't gun that good.
  2. AntDX316

Also, the Liberator is so massive and slow to turn and fly, it's size is indeed susceptible to MBT fire. 4-5 MBT shots or more to kill is balanced imo. Having a bunch of other tanks shooting at it will make it die fast. 1 Skyguard and 1 Lib that took 1 MBT shot will make it die before it can repair. People are neglecting the fact how much damage a Skyguard can do to a lib. 75% HP loss on the Lib is usually how much damage is taken from 1 skyguard.

I've seen lightnings and MBTs kill my scythe ESF with 1 shot a bunch of times while I was in top speed after burner on racer chassis 3 flying "fancy" and high up in the air.
  3. Letten

Skyguard and Lib are not and should not be equals. Just as lib is hard counter against tanks, skyguard should be hard counter against at least low flying libs. If skyguard fails to even protect itself, how can it protect sudies or armor column. What is the point of AA then if even one lib is a problem.
    • Up x 4
  4. JustGotSuspended

Lmao did you read what you said?

It takes 4ppl and 750 nanites of dedicated AA weapons to damage a lib enough to make him turbo away. Also count the esfs which die in 1 shot to the thing.

.....that sounds balanced lol?

Lib can engage anything, but the dudes who pulled weapons that specifically only really damage air can't get a kill, even if there's half a squad of them.

Come on man.

Well the lib has many advantages over the skyguard, damage aside we're comparing a vehicle with a larger HP pool that's more agile and faster than a light tank that flips over at the slightest obstacle if it moves too quickly. The lib fundamentally is a better vehicle, and only costs slighly more than a skyguard. I costs the same price as MBTs and will shred them, often without MBTs being able to get an angle where they can actually shoot at the lib. Even with AA options equipped the MBT which is same price as a lib often won't do much more than make a lib laugh and earn easy XP, and is actually outperformed by the lightning in most aspects.

So comparing nanite costs to justify why a weapon theoretically designed to deal with aircraft is useless against them unless they're afk/disconnected or just outright stupid is a bit ridiculous. By that logic, a burster MAX should be able to go head to head with a lib, and the outcome of the engagement uncertain. Only LOL, a burster MAX can't even damage an ESF charging head on to half health before succumbing to it.
  5. AntDX316

I meant or not, and. Even with just 1 skyguard and 1 heavy, it's enough to kill a Lib that flew in too deep and too slow. Sure there could be those Lib pilots that fly at 600m, no ESF to contest them which is the factions fault, out of range of lock-on AA threats, AA bursters tickle them, then sure it's bad but this rarely happens. You might as well compare include tanks that are 600m away too shooting from a mountain. Sarons this far are underrated. They don't "that" much damage but if you just keep spamming, even with just yourself, you will eventually cause tanks to retreat to repair. When they do this, it allows your team to push up from the "lul?(drop)" of enemy tank fire shooting at them.

The problem in life is when things get isolated and other things don't get compared. Comparing could be the most toxic thing to master in life without enough resources as people will have to Accept ultimately "resting in peace" is the only possible solution given people can only have and do so much Allowed by our creators(God) that selects who knows and doesn't know, who can and who cannot, who has and who has not. With enough developed tech, everyone would know.
  6. AntDX316

Going 1 on 1 with a skyguard who most likely already has sights on you and is shooting you before you can be in range, the Lib should have probably 25-50% HP (considering all your tank buster rounds hit and your dalton gunner hits too first shot) loss before getting destroyed. If the Lib wasn't too good as the Skyguard was moving in and out of cover instead of sitting still the Lib will die. Need to take into consideration the fact an ESF flying would mop up the Lib with ease, then the poor Lib is dead.

The Lib is balanced imo. We shouldn't be comparing everything with 1v1. A lot of other variables need to be taken into consideration too. Imo, the cloaked flash with a gun on it is more OP than anything in the game but people rarely use it. If it got nerfed people would even more likely never use it. I heard it got nerfed multiple times.. I didn't start to use it until recently.
  7. FLHuk

4000+ kills with SG, was my favourite tool in the toy box.

I don't bother anymore even if I see lots of them on the field. I feel really sorry for those trying to aurax the Lightning these days....
    • Up x 1
  8. VV4LL3

Don't forget, it can fire underwater now too!
  9. JustGotSuspended

Wouldn't surprise me, this map is all about favoring infils, A2G, and other ez mode infantry farming cancer
    • Up x 2
  10. iller

You didn't establish what detail was "nonsense" or WHY it was. Please be a little more respectful and less dismissive since this isn't like some Existential political crisis or something. This is just simple Mathematics which we can discuss with nunace
  11. JustGotSuspended

My guy you really need me to tell you no one's out there running prediction aimbots or whatever to get a kill on you? The things just OP, idk why you thought cheating should be involved.

Throwaway accounts? Most people who play this stuff are in A2G loadouts 24/7
    • Up x 1
  12. AntDX316

A Lib did tank 2 main gun magrider hits and 2 halberd hits and was smoking only.. oh well, it's the skyguards job. 2 Vanguard hits and the Lib dies too so nerfing it more would make it worse.
  13. JustGotSuspended

So bad I did roadkills for aurax instead of it lol. They should've made empty vehicle kills count at least if they're gonna make ttk so slow the pilot can bail out if for whatever reason he's in danger
  14. VeryCoolMiller

the only broken thing about dalton is that it can be used to counter ESF... that is stupid...
    • Up x 1
  15. Scroffel5

the only broken thing about dalton is that it can be used to counter everything... that is stupid...
  16. Eberron101

Dont think Skyguards are that bad. Just the chassis they run on thats bad. Lightnings are just too weak. A bog standard Prowler can take one out in one salvo just about, They can't climb a hill that a mobility scooter could drive up. Their armour is made of paper and they have a big "please C4 this unnecessarily long tank" sign on them.

I'd like to see Skyguards on a MBT chassis - make it cost more but at least you might survive more than one brrt from a tankbuster.
  17. LetMeBeClear

The problem, imho, is not the Dalton, but the Lib. It's supposed to a bomber, yet more often than not, it's more capable than an ESF. The best & first thing I'd do is make it unable for pilot to switch seats, that's just asinine. The 2nd thing is to remove afterburner - it's a bomber, come the fk on. 3rd, severely remove the hovering ability of lib - it's a bomber, they're heavy and should have to keep moving.

Oh, and for the guy that says a single SG downing a lib is dumb - it's not about nanites, it's the fact that a lib can literally hover right over an SG, take the whole SG clip and kill the SG without breaking a sweat. The entire point of the SG is to kill aircraft. You think a real-life bomber could just float down and take scrapnel? That's what's ***** dumb. Buff the SG with a new flak cannon specifically for anti-lib.
    • Up x 1
  18. r1po

It's 3-5 hits. And if a tank has a Ranger on it and knows what he's doing, they are equally dangerous to each other.
    And a Tankbuster can't even oneclip a Lightning anymore.
    So maybe stop posting ********? Because you obviously don't know what your talking about
  19. r1po

Holy **** are you talking some ********.
  20. r1po

Oh a 3 man crew can kill 1 player easily on the open field? Yeah, that's sound unbalanced. You're a making a fool of yourseld here.
    AA needs a buff would only someone say who has no ******* idea about flying or the game in general.