Why is Amerish so unpopular?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fiatsu, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Veri

I personally like Amerish as well but it's based on the scenery more than anything else.
    Done a lot of time in Esamir and don't like hearing about the crown at Indar.
  2. TheArchetype

I love Amerish, and I don't find that on my servers Amerish is so underpopulated.

I would appreciate a GPS system to get me around all that varying terrain in land vehicles.

I think that Amerish favours air combat and that may be why the almighty tank spamming Zerg doesn't like to dwell there for so long.
  3. Ganelon

I present to you: the ascent.
  4. Midax

I wish that there were hidden trails up into the mountains for infantry and flashes. It would really help out infantry game play if it was easier for infantry to hit near by bases or get onto mountains.
  5. Zakuak

Jaeger has lots of good fights on Amerish all the time, I like all 3 maps as they cover the 3 climates very well but I find my self on Amerish most of the time.
  6. Zakuak

Good point, Like up around split peak pass, I can see some obvious trails there but some sections of them you cannot get to as you run up against that one slope that's too steep to get over....be nice if they smoothed some of that out to allow infantry to get just about everywhere on a map.
    • Up x 1
  7. chronium

I don't like Amerish because it's Indar light. It's supposed to be designed to make it more dificult for pilots but there is absolutely nowhere on that continent that provides cover from fliers.
  8. SlyHix

You think that because the NC pop on Amerish is above 90 at all time unless Indar just got taken by the TR. Once that happens then it might drop to somewhere more reasonable like 89%.

I do however fight on Amerish a good deal of the time because Indar is a zerg at all times and Esamir is so depressingly boring (90% VS.)
  9. Littleman

Mountainous terrain benefits pilots. As long as AA kills as slowly as it does when up against composite armor and an even remotely aware pilot, it will benefit air power.
  10. MilitiaMan

Right here, Esamir would be great if it had snowstorms and made camo viable.
    • Up x 1
  11. Gavyne

I like Amerish's scenery, but a few times I played there I had a hard time getting up a few places. Something about the terrain design bugs me.
    • Up x 1
  12. daskleineviech

Because we're supposed to use tanks on Esamir and Amerish. Tanks? As TR? Next thing you want from us is an Anti-Infantry MAX, I'm not a ******* magician.
    I'm fine with playing infantry, I can be a pilot if it's really needed, but I won't waste my time with the Prowler. And I dont have to, if I stick to Hvar Tech Plant, Zurvan Amp Station or The Crown.
  13. Takoita

- Pop imbalance is an issue on our server.

- Traction reduction that went in 'Update 1'. I was once lucky enough to ride passenger on a Sunbus before that patch with a driver that REALLY knew what they were doing. Ever saw that thing getting around the map quicker then LA? We didn't suicide-crash even once too. Next morning, I've test-driven a Prowler, and damn it was a mountain-climbing beast!

Then the patch went live... Coincidentally, the action has more or less died out and I haven't seen that player online since.

- Infantry paths are kinda fudged up. It is hard to determine where you would be able to exploit your way through and where you'll get stuck. While under fire. Other continents are more predictable in that regard. Combined with things above, it gets getting anywhere much more frustrating than it should be, IMHO.

Oh, and I believe I've seen a Biolab without the gravlifts. Without the gravlifts! THE HORROR! XD

It must've had a bunch of jump pads just around the coner. Come out, come out whereever you are...
  14. Rraymondo316

People on Miller seem to like it

[IMG]
    This was about hour ago
  15. Bill Hicks

Because its the one place where NC is not the weakest warpgate point. There is no crown for the TR to camp and there are no hills for Magriders to spam from
  16. Zapon

DONT FORGET ABOUT HOW AS OF RIGHT NOW THE MAPS ARE OFF AKA THE ROADS ARENT WHERE THE MAP SAYS IT IS, ETC
  17. chronium

There were supposed to be canopies that prevent the pilots from doing aerial strikes but instead everything is open.
  18. Tuco

There's not that many mines.
    • Up x 1
  19. XParagonX

Because its for noobs who want to 50-2 people. these 2 other maps need to go honestly. just leave indar, game would have more action that is for sure.
  20. Tetryon

^ this minus the crown. NC always have 50% pop even when zerging somewhere else and the second a node is lost they mass recall to 80% effectively killing any fights instantly. TR on my server get stuck on Indar because the second we try to open a front elsewhere we start to lose territory. The continents never swap for long, even if someone DOES manage to take a continent. It's always:

Indar - TR
    Esamir - VS
    Amerish - NC

Jaegr is very interesting in this regard. Not sure what other servers are like.