[Guide] Why I bail out of aircraft

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NyaR, Apr 28, 2014.

1. JEFCCC

Ok...

Eject, save yourself, I APPROVE
    I'll either kill you as you fall, or you'll escape, and I'll know that you've earned your life
  2. JEFCCC

REMEMBER EVERYONE, CONTEXT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAME!!!
  3. DramaticExit

I have always had the deepest respect for those who choose to pick up a minor point in a discussion, try to turn it into something important, and then grossly misrepresent other people's comments about it. Really.
    • Up x 2
  4. Whatupwidat

To be honest, when i shoot down a plane and get a kill I tend to think "what an idiot, why didn't he bail?"

My primary objective is always "kill enemy plane" - not "and get 100xp for killing pilot also" - that's just petty as all hell, and it's got **** all to do with sportsmanship. If you want "good sportsmanship" then ESF's strafing infantry with rockets isn't exactly that, neither is sitting in a lib out of range of ground fire lobbing daltons indiscriminately.

Also...it's not a sport - it's a game, it's meant to be fun. And if someone bailing out of an aircraft for WHATEVER reason is ruining your fun? Well...then god ******* help you quite frankly.
    • Up x 3
  5. Simferion

"Falling for no reason" is called simulation and is expressely forbidden by soccer rules and thereafter punished by the referee if perceived.
    Bailing out is not forbidden by any of the PS2 rules.
    • Up x 2
  6. vanu123

I refuse to give the other guy points or xp.
  7. JEFCCC

Not exactly, while I don't think some one bailing is dumb, I do think a2a missiles are dumb. I won't complain about being shot down by them, but I will complain about there EXISTENCE

Anyway, that's off topic
    • Up x 1
  8. JEFCCC

C
    Calm down cowboy, I could never say that with a straight face.

It was a Joke

One me and my friends would crack up at. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously, just to liven up such a hate filled thread.
    I apologies.
    • Up x 1
  9. DramaticExit

I got the boots, but lack the hat.

In all seriousness, the historical context really has very little relevance to a game's balance. First and foremost it has to play well... Unless you're making a sim of some sort, in which case you'd imagine accuracy to real life is probably first on the list.

Historical context becomes almost totally irrelevant when you're dealing with a completely fictional setting, such as PS2... Which is why it was a very minor point in this discussion.

I really freakin' love those boots, though.
    • Up x 3
  10. Daikar

I don't care about certs one bit, I have so much of it that I don't know what to do with it. I fly nosegun + fuel tanks all the time and never use rocket pods. It doesn't ruin my fun in the game since I don't care if players do it or not but I still think it's pathetic and bad sportsmanship.

PS a sport is a kind of game btw, and I think most ppl who do sports do it because that's what they find fun.
    • Up x 1
  11. Daikar

I know it's not against the rules to bail, but I still think its pathetic and bad sportsmanship. If you want to do it go ahead and do it, I don't really care tbh.
  12. Taemien

Could turn it around. A good amount of times when I lockon with a G2A at least, sometimes A2A... the pilot carreens into a cliff or tree. Sometimes its on purpose.. sometimes not.

The difference is... I didn't get any points. At least a ESF pilot gets something when someone bails.. oh and that suicide during a lock happens WAY more than the bailing thing. Just saying.
    • Up x 3
  13. Eyeklops

Nothing personal but: Wut?

[IMG]
    On Topic:
    Good video, and I agree.
    The bottom line is all available tools should be used in the open game world. Yea some stuff is cheezy, too bad, complain about it on the forums if it bothers you that much.
    • Up x 5
  14. JEFCCC

I think he's talking about how a sport requires training and effort and must be taken seriously, while any average game that you play just for fun is much more relaxed. Things like somebody bailing shouldn't ruin the fun of the game.
    • Up x 2
  15. NyaR

Sounds like something I would like. I've previously played an MMO as an evil pker and my sole source of income was murdering people and flipping items in the market. Lots of people were mad, but my guild and I were having an absolute blast. After I stopped playing and sold my account my enemy clans gave me a new max lvl account and new gears in hope that I would continue to play and kill them, even though it meant their progress through the game would be more difficult they preferred it because it was more fun.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  16. Whatupwidat

Yes, a sport is a game :rolleyes: - difference is that when I play football (soccer) with my friends it's for fun, hence why we don't get hung up on offsides or argue about penalties...it's just a kickaround with friends.

Hardly any PS2 players are "MLG Produdebros" - and as far as I know there's no MLG PS2 "league" - so it's just that, a kickaround.

Hell, the game's just my way of having fun between wanks to be honest.

So to quote The Joker; Why so serious?
    • Up x 2
  17. Daikar

Sport doesn't require training and effort UNLESS you want to play sport on a competitive level, and it's exactly the same way when it comes to games.
  18. Daikar

I play the game for fun to and If players want to bail and redeploy please be my guest, I won't do it because I think it's pathetic :)
    • Up x 1
  19. DQCraze

This is a game, trust me I've been in war and you don't wanna go there son.
    • Up x 1
  20. Whatupwidat

Some might argue that your attitude towards such a non-issue is "pathetic" - but hey ho, swings and roundabouts lol
    • Up x 1