[Guide] Why I bail out of aircraft

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NyaR, Apr 28, 2014.

1. NyaR

• Up x 21
  2. Negator

So they shouldnt play the way they want to play, but should play the way you want to play?
    • Up x 3
  3. Maljas23

How did you come to this conclusion?

The point he is trying to make is that people who push their own rules on to others playing the game and then get mad when you aren't playing buy their rules, are wrong. He plays by his own rules, just like others play by their own rules.

The ones you should asking are those who try to use their rules on others.
    • Up x 23
  4. Paragon Exile

It's a question of sportsmanship.

It's the same reason people get mad at you for using Armour Lock in Halo Reach, tripping in Super Smash Brothers Brawl and the Sawed-Off shotgun in Gears of War 3; it's not against the rules of the game, but it's not in the spirit of the game.
    • Up x 2
  5. Daikar

There's a difference between bailing to take out tanks and join the fight on the ground and bailing to just redeploy or /suicide.
    I don't really care much when players do it but I find it kinda pathetic and will never do it myself.
    • Up x 7
  6. Negator

isnt he pushing his own rules?
  7. Simferion

If you suicide in 10 seconds since you were damaged, you'll still give the kill to your enemy.

Anyway I'll bail out whenever it's possible and drift away.

Nope. Bailing out is a possibility the game offers. It's in the rules (there's also an utility which allows you to bail as a different class other the LA). So he's free to do that.
    Blaming a person because (s)he stays in the general rules is pushing own ruleset.
  8. Drudid

How? ... how can you have possibly arrived at that conclusion??
    the entire video is explaining that there are many ways to play the game, and not everyone's way works for everyone.
    and therefore dont get pissy when 10% of the xp and a name on your killboard are denied, the only people "pushing rules" are the people having man child hissy fits when someone bails.

when the galaxy is about to explode everyone jumps out. when the MBT is about to explode everyone jumps out, the sunderer... so whats so bad about an esf? by killing the vehicle you are entitled to the vehicle kill. whether you kill the player is down to if he makes it easy, or difficult, if it was too difficult to shoot a falling light assault, then skill up.

and before you jump to conclusions, i fly as engineer 90% of the time. i value the ability to emergency rep when fire suppression is on c/d

people need to learn they aren't entitled to kills just because they set the vehicle on fire.
    • Up x 7
  9. Maljas23

I don't even.. Just watch and actually listen to what he said in the video..
    • Up x 1
  10. Negator

he says 'dont do things your way, do them my way'.
  11. Maljas23

He says "I won't do things your way, ill do it my way" He isn't telling anyone to play by his rules, just that he isn't playing by anyone else rules. Cmon man. This isn't hard to understand. Its not a play on words or anything like that.

I. Don't. Even.
    • Up x 5
  12. Taemien

The spirit of any game is to win or lose.

In Goldeneye, if you died, prepare to die again upon spawning. I know (or used to in 1998) the pattern and rotation of your next spawn. That's just how the game is.
    In MechWarrior, prepare to be legged, because if it works, I'm gonna do it.
    In Bomberman 64 prepared to get knocked out, picked up and thrown off the stage.

You might call it unfair, cheap, unsportsmanlike, or a myriad of other things. I call it winning. And you know what? I expect you to do the same thing right back. In fact if you don't bring your A game, I'm going to be offended.

If we all play by the rules of the game, then we are on equal footing. It behooves us to be the best that we can be and use ever measure that the game allows without cheating, hacking, or exploiting bugs. I don't handicap myself and I don't expect others to either.

Same thing goes here. If I can bail out of my burning aircraft and rocket you on the way down, I'm gonna do it. If I can C4 you.. even better (and kudos to those that can). I'm never going to play "honorably" in the air. I'm going to encourage everyone I know not to do so either. I tell them that the victory is more important than the "honor".

And too often honor rules are there just so there is some self fulfillment of player skill. Play this way to show us how really good you are. Sorry I saw too much of that in MechWarrior 3. You have a 4vs4 that was really 4 duels going on. Not only that but there was a 'no legging' code going on being exploited by the ones clamoring for it. Basically moving armor off their legs so they could mount more armor elsewhere or more weapons, because they KNEW no one would shoot the legs. Well everyone but me and my group. It took 3 generations of MechWarrior games and a decade to get it to go away, but its finally diminished enough that its no longer a problem.

That's what I am seeing here. A group of 'Ace' pilots trying to be the 'cool group' that sets the standard in how Air should be played. Stray from that and they try to ridicule you into compliance (not saying person I am quoting is doing this btw, so don't take offense). Not happening guys. I may not be as good in the air as most but I don't have to be in order to take a continent, win an alert, or take a base. These little honor duels in the air don't help the team or faction. So I disrupt them as I see them. That means taking someone out of the air by any means possible. Heck I'll even Galaxy ram a particularly annoying ESF.

Call me a noob, call me unsportsmanlike, or any other nasty thing. I'm still taking your base. There's not a damn thing you all can do about it. Is that me pushing my playstyle on you? Sure is. But what are you all going to do about it? If you can beat me at my own game, great. If not, get up and try again. That's how I play.
    • Up x 10
  13. Paragon Exile

Didn't read past this point, because you're wrong.

In a hyper-MLG setting where it's life-or-death,do whatever, but don't be an unsportsmanlike player when facing off against the common, run-of-the-mill guy.
    • Up x 3
  14. Taemien

Why?

So they remain common? I didn't get better (used to have a much lower KDR and SPM a year ago, its not great because I haven't rerolled since then, but its around 3-5ish on new characters) because my opponents coddled me. I got better because I adapted to their strategies.

Use the tactics and strategies available. The common man will learn to counter them. That is IF they are effective, otherwise they won't bother and won't really care.
    • Up x 1
  15. Paragon Exile

If there is something in a game that's cheap, or something that penalizes the enemy player needlessly, don't you think it's better to not do it/use it?
  16. The Rogue Wolf

I love how people think they get to be the one who defines "the spirit of the game". Especially when their argument boils down to "people should have to play the way I say is right, because then I'll always win".
    • Up x 4
  17. Herby20

If people value their K/D that much that they will run light assault only to bail and redeploy every time they get shot down then let 'em. In the grand scheme of things they still lost their aircraft, they still lost resources, and you still shot them down. That is what matters.
    • Up x 3
  18. Taemien

Nope. If I lockdown someone in their warpgate, that opponent can't hurt (do the same) my teammates/faction.

Remember, I'm not a hypocrite, I fully support them attempting to do the same to me. In fact I welcome it.
    • Up x 5
  19. Epic High Five

I bail out of aircraft because I'm not done killing things yet. I've got C4 and Drifter jets and explosive bolts and 4 grenades and I know how to use them

I'm not temporarily invincible or something. If it bothers you, hunt me down. I'm under no obligation to make the life of my enemy any easier. I guess I could fly as an infil but playing as an infiltrator? Gross.
    • Up x 6
  20. JEFCCC

The game is about war...

WAR

It is totally in the spirit of the game to play "dirty" and want to avoid DEATH
    • Up x 1