[Guide] Why I bail out of aircraft

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NyaR, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Maljas23

I think its good that he bails to get a better KD. Suddenly, we have a clash of subjectivity.

So who wins?
  2. Paragon Exile

Trick question.

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  3. CaliBased

play the way you want to play as long as its beneficial to the overall cause. winning and having fun.
  4. RumAndCoke

I have my bailing button on only when im locked on by a2a or ground .Not in any fair fights .Or maybe im about to crash into some op trees.
  5. Tommyp2006

I fly ESFs exclusivly as LA. Why? Becuase why would I land to repair, when I can use fire suppression and auto repair without landing? Any time I would have to land and repair where auto repair wouldn't take care of me, it's likely that I would still have an ESF chasing me down, at which point, I'm dead anyways. So yes, I'm going to bail out and live to redeploy or go kill something else, you still get the certs from killing my ESF.
  6. Camycamera

lol yeah i got a tell for killing a solo lib with my tomcats on my mossie saying essentially "you suck, you aren't playing by my rules".

and he was screwed anyway though, it was 2 mossies vs his one damaged lib, he was screwed either way.
  7. Daikar

It's not about winning, you are free to believe what you want and I'm free to believe what I do. I believe KD means nothing and dying in PS2 means nothing, I use /suicide all the time when we do ops because it's faster then redeploy even though it will count as a death on my stats. In the end KD and such are just numbers on a paper and doesn't represent anything or real value.
  8. Daikar

I use fire suppression whenever I lose 25% or more of my HP so that I might be able to use it twice when I engage 3 or more esfs. Sometimes at the end I end up burning with everyone around me dead and since I fly as an engi I can save that ESF.
    It is also great when you are flying with a wingman, so many times has he manged to pull enemy fire while I land and repair and return to the fight with full HP. You fly as Engi if you want the maximum uptime of you ESF.
    • Up x 1
  9. Maljas23

K/D wasn't the point I was trying to make, but I glad that you did at least glance over it. The fact that you recognize that your views aren't law is enough for me. I've got nothing else to say.
    • Up x 2
  10. Epic High Five

If you log out or force quit after taking damage whoever hit you last will get the kill and you will get a death.

It's called the Daddy Clause and it was like the #1 thing airspergs were screaming about for months
    • Up x 1
  11. Kunavi

I do complain about many things I wouldn't have done as I consider them cheap, easy and based on ill decisions on SOE's part.

Due to all the reasons listed here by people who insist it's about winning, I've resorted to doing them to others now as this is the only REAL way to even things out. Not in order to win, but in order to show to them(And me in fact) how easy it is and how frustrating things are on the receiving end.
    I'll also go out of my way(Including getting a Flash to reach them) to C4 drivers that treat infantry like ants and don't even say "Sorry", the only way I can avoid raging now.

If that tells you these things should stay because they're good for PS2's already bad health and reputation, or that you should keep doing them... Enjoy the Emptiness that will ultimately come :)
    • Up x 1
  12. Epic High Five

If more people went out of their way to make skygods' lives a bit worse every day, PS2 would be a much better game
  13. MostlyClueless

It's no longer faster than redeploy so you an stop doing this if you want.
  14. AlexanderTheTiny

I think pilots who bail with the sole intention to redeploy are just like low level gankers in other MMOs. Even though it is possible, you get nothing for it but it screws over your enemy. Lebowski says it best:

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  15. Daikar

How is it not faster anymore?
  16. MostlyClueless

They reduced the timer once you get to the map screen from a redeploy to to five seconds to match the fifteen second respawn from a suicide.
  17. Daikar

Cool thanks :) good to know
  18. Mrasap

It's good to hear somebody is using the ejection cert line. That said, many top dogs do not have it equipped and still bail like the OP.

At launch you were at a disadvantage if you were flying as anything other than an engineer. Flying as LA was okay because it was clear you sacrificed something for it. This was briefly addressed in a video of this in beta when it was first announced that the ejection seat was not equipped by definition. However, self repair options have since then received major buffs and it became no longer required to fly as an engineer. The ejection seat system did not change accordingly. This is a design oversight rather than the intention of the developers.

We know from the Daddy clause that the developers do not condone quitting to preserve their K/D ratio at the loss of experience gain for the opponent. I don't see why it wouldn't apply for the current situation. If you want to fly like the OP need to equip the ejection seat slot. Otherwise, you die together with your aircraft.
  19. Daikar

You have your opinion of what is pathetic and I have mine.
    It's about good sportsmanship, bailing is just as pathetic as what soccer players do when they fall for no real reason.
  20. Daikar

IRL, also has perma death.