Why does DBG allows NC's terrible low win rate?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Humoreske, Oct 14, 2017.

1. The Shady Engineer

I'd suggest using https://www.ps2alerts.com . It's a reliable source that's been around for a long time and it shows all alerts, not just those the initiators win.
  2. pnkdth

No updates for PC version since Sept 27(CAI update) though.
  3. The Shady Engineer

You're right. That's a damn shame. Can't get statistics for non initiator alerts then :/
  4. adamts01

Good man. That put a smile on my face. I love this game and want to see it continue. I think the devs have plenty to fix, but the players can do a lot to help as well.
    • Up x 6
  5. TR5L4Y3R

late on the party but ...

assummtion=/= reality ...
    don´t go for dps on skilled players
    go for effective dps (as in dmg ACTUALY done) by your avarage player ...
    the average player WONT hit with all bullets on target .. at least he wont near as often as a skilled player would and basing overall faction performance on the skilled minority ... do realy have to explain this further?

there is a difference in needin 3 shots with a weapon but that i can throw out faster than a weapon that just needs 2 but takes longer for each shot AND is more difficould to aim with in close quarters .. lets say weapon one does 334 damage per bullet
    and the other 500

miss one bullet from weapon one that´s still 668 dmg you could do
    were in about the same time because you missed one shot with weapon 2 you lost that 500 dmg you needed so a difference of 164 dmg ..

not the best example but i think you understand my point
    • Up x 3
  6. csvfr

I get what you are saying, as the "Oracle of Death" is down there is no way to draw definite conclusions anymore. But would not be surprised if the SAW showed itself to be the worst starting LMG on the field. Instead of changing it to a low-DPS weapon from the faction assortment, rather make the NS weapons the starting ones for all classes and factions.
  7. Lamat

I really love the idea of the SAW and really want to like it, I've tried really hard to see what others seem to like about it but am always disappointed. TR's Carv for example is a beautiful weapon, IMO it out classes the SAW at all practical LMG ranges, just slap on a forward grip and I'm hiiting and killing without much trigger control at all, it's great. I think the SAW needs a major accuracy buff to even come close. I am not suggesting nerfing the Carv, it's great, let it be great, but the Saw is just crap to me. I would take the Carv over any NC LMG any day if I didn't have to be a dirty communist to use it.
    • Up x 4
  8. Rydenan

I have to attribute the love for the SAW (my own included) to the fact that it feels good to use and to get a kill with.
    But, numerically, it's outclassed in every metric by the 143/750 and even the 167/600 LMGs. Slower bodyshot TTK, slower headshot TTK, and lower DPS, at both minimum and maximum damage ranges. Slower RoF (meaning worse CQC performance and that misses are punished harder), worse recoil, worse CoF bloom (requiring bursting, which lowers the already-disadvantaged DPS), and worse hipfire.

It's also, according to Dasanfall.com, the worst-performing LMG in the game, even if you look exclusively at BR100+ stats (ruling out the possibility that its poor performance could be attributed to it being a starter weapon).

I really don't understand the logic behind the balance of the "hard-hitting" NC weapons. It seems that the idea is for them to do heavy damage and, as a tradeoff, have harsher recoil, bloom, and slower RoF, meaning weapon control and ability to land shots on target is critical.
    The problem is that they don't do the "heavy damage" part. Sure, the bullet damage number is higher, but the TTK and DPS stats (which are what actually matter) are worse than their peer weapons. So you're stuck with a weapon that requires extra control, and relies heavily on pinpoint aim, for the reward of... less DPS? Slower TTK?
    It makes no sense.
    • Up x 9
  9. TooFewSecrets

Either you fire full auto, and hit about half of your bullets (even if you hit them all you'd do a bit less DPS) while also dealing with heavy recoil, or you burst to hit them all, and do about 1/3 the overall DPS of the other faction guns. Great design. Let's also give this faction the worst faction-specifics of the three, and... Hey! Why isn't anyone playing NC anymore?
    • Up x 3
  10. The Shady Engineer

Thanks man. Went with a medic main shtick on my Connery.
    Was kinda strange starting over again but 16 (or 17, don't remember) battle ranks later, it was totally worth it. Sucks not to have my fully decked out Sundy, MAX suit, implants and other utilities but at the end of the day all you need to be a helpful planetman is a maxed out med tool and a Gauss rifle.

Speaking of the gauss rifle...

My bullets go where my dot sight is pointing.
    I have a fresh magazine in the weapon and can get back to business in less than 2 seconds.
    Two rounds land on an enemy's head and they nope the hell out of there instead of shrugging it off and returning fire.

Having not seriously played NC for a while and being used to TR weapons... what kind of sorcery is this.

Also on a side note, I got my official "Welcome to NC" gesture less than 10 minutes into playing in the form of a quadro love tap to the back of the head by a GD-7F. Never change, NC. :D
    • Up x 1
  11. Lamat

Yes, the assault rifles are probably NC's overall best class of infantry weapons, it's what really got me into playing medic. Though my favorite is still the Carnage 143/750
    • Up x 2
  12. pnkdth

That's coming on a bit strong isn't it? The EM6/Anchor(especially the Anchor) are top tier LMGs... And if you have no trouble with managing the CARV then the EM6/Anchor should be a walk in the park. It's not like the TR/VS arsenal comes packed with brutal high RPM LMGs either. They have their 652-698RPM versions in the 143DMG class and a couple of 550-577RPM in 167 as well.

If they just streamlined the SAW's moving COF with other LMGs it'll be fine + keep the standing still COF as is to give it some extra flavor(because why not?).

I'm actually curious now, which other weapons do you think needs a buff in accuracy other than the SAW? I cannot think of a single weapon which stands out as hard(er) to use other than the SAW, especially given your comment about the CARV which isn't exactly known to be a precision weapon.
  13. Lamat

The Anchor is my favorite NC LMG (Auraxiumed), it's THE close range LMG for NC, but it is outclassed at close range by the Carv, and the Carv is still better out to medium range too. I'm not a gaming engineer, i don't know the fine details, but I get better hits with the Carv. I don't know who thinks the carv is inaccurate i can take shots I wouldn't bother with with other guns.

The Bandit is my favorite NC carbine, it is considered medium ranged but is more close ranged than the default Mercenary. And yet with TR/VS close range carbines Jaguar and Serpent, understandably better at close range, i still hit really well out to ranges I wouldn't dream with the Bandit.

Could it just be better hit registry with higher ROF? I don't know, I'm just telling you my honest subjective experience. Maybe it's just me, maybe I should just be a TR or VS player, but it seems NC is doing pretty badly and I'm not the only one who feels this way about the NC weapons.
    • Up x 1
  14. The Shady Engineer

I'd say the NC's carbine lineup is the strongest class of infantry weapons. Not to take anything away from the assault rifle arsenal, they're all great weapons, but they're... how should I put it... too similar.

Say you want a close quarters AR, you pick from either the Carnage or GR22. Both run the 143 damage model and both have .75x ads. Carnage kills slower but is easier to control, GR22 wants to escape the operator's grip and fly off to the right but kills faster. Same thing with long range ARs. You either pick a Reaper or an A Tross. Both run the 200 damage model. Reaper kills faster but has 6 less bullets in its' magazine. Now, all 4 assault rifles are fantastic weapons but they function very similarly. Compare that to carbines.

Want a close quarters carbine? You get to pick from either the 1v1 dominator bullet hose GD-7F or the more mobile and skill dependent Bandit (I share your love of the Bandit btw. Such a great gun. Over 5500 kills with it on my emerald nc.) Want a long range carbine? You get to pick from either the 200 damage slow firing ACX11 skill cannon or the easier to handle faster firing Razor. More diverse weapons allow you to better tailor your loadout choice to that particular fight.

I think it'd be a good idea to Bandit-ify the GR22 and somehow buff the A Tross to make it a viable alternative to the Reaper. Maybe make the A Tross kill faster but have just a 20 round magazine and harsher recoil.
    • Up x 1
  15. csvfr

I think the SAW and Carv have pretty similar ADS accuracy, jerking about the same amount, both going straight up etc. In fact on the SAW you can even be pretty accurate at range using 2x scope for longer than on the Carv before the bullets start to spread too much. Its the SAW's hipfire which is bad, being not only worse than the Carv but also further degenerated by the (almost mandatory) compensator and low ROF. In comparison, TR's MSW-R has the Carv's damage model but superb hipfire when attaching the Advanced Laser Sight, surely much better than the Anchor if not the best hipfire-centric LMG loadout. You don't need to feel like a communist playing TR as the NC logo looks similar to the soviet union flag (both have stars and the gear can be thought of as a "modern" sickle).
  16. Lamat

I can see why you'd say that, but from all the lore, NC are basically space Libertarians.

But yes, I do play TR and VS, I just main NC because I've put so much time into them and know people.
  17. csvfr

That's leftist...
  18. adamts01

Leftist liberals aren't libertarians, the exact opposite actually. TR would be the left.
  19. pnkdth

NC and TR are both fascist. You pick either a totalitarian "government" or corporate masters who definitely will give you freedom if you work hard enough(you just gotta pay off that loan and equipment you got there... Oh, that broke? Well according to paragraph 39, section 4, sub section 1.b you are liable for any damages, your debt will be cleared in 390 years...). VS are creepy cultists with dangerous tech(whom they also worship).
    • Up x 1
  20. Lamat

It's definitely possible things aren't so rosey in the NC, I'd actually like if the devs embraced that a bit more and gave them a more corrupt capitalist persona so they don't look like the "good guys" in story.