Why does DBG allows NC's terrible low win rate?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Humoreske, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Lamat

So maybe we have a perfect storm situation where NCs weapon TTK is just fractions of a second worse while also being slathered in bright yellow even through camo.

In our hypothetical scenario where 2 players meet, the TR/VS player notices the NC player additional fractions of a second sooner so they start shooting earlier giving NC an initiative disadvantage that stacks with the already slower TTK.

Bright yellow NC is disadvantaged in smaller fights, flanking, night fighting, and sneaking through groups of enemies with knives and explosives. So NC by lesser success in the above situations is further encouraged to zerg up where being easily spotted is less of an issue.

That's why I suggest to change this one simple thing first, tone down the bright yellow and use a darker palette for NC models. Then lets see what happens. Old players might come back, VS/TR players who specialize in flanking might like playing NC, and NC might do better in smaller fights that contribute to more alert wins.
    • Up x 1
  2. Lamat

In 1 week, 180 posts and 3287 views on this thread.

It would be nice to just get an acknowledgement from DBG Devs that they are aware there is a problem with the NC, even just that they are looking into it.
    • Up x 4
  3. DIGGSAN0

Daybreak can't.
    They just can't buff things because one Faction cryes the most about this, this would lead to total anarchy, there could be one big mass of organised people who just trolls the living $H!T out of us.

I am happy that Daybreak does sometimes consider the suggestions of veterans, but i am also happy they do not everytime.
  4. Lamat

Just an acknowledgement of the glaring problem first.

Plus, I said start with toning down all the bright yellow color on the NC models, that's hardly a buff.
  5. Campagne

No joke, the entirety of both elementary and high school sucked massively. Worse days of my life. I've had more fun painting walls for eight hours a day five days a week than the complete set of twelve full years in public school. Honestly, it was all meaningless.

Anyways though, no, that sentence is fine. :p
    • Up x 1
  6. pnkdth

Alpha damage is just one aspect of it. Not sure why you had to bring such a singular focus on it when I clearly brought it up in a broader context. Just like many small hits increases the change of hitting, it also require a string of hits to stack up. However, for higher damage weapons while you can get a bigger payoff instantly with alpha/HS modifier it also hurt more to miss. On the upside bursting is more useful. There are obviously advantages to high ROF.

Indeed, I forgot I was on forumside where if you say someone is useful you are automatically assumed to make the case it is also the best thing ever.
  7. Xada

Close, Alpha damage being useful depends on the length of an engagement. If a weapon with high alpha damage can beat the high dps weapon before the dps weapon has the chance to 'ramp up', then the high alpha damage weapon wins. Bolt action vs semi auto snipers or Pump action vs semi-auto shotguns are a good comparison of alpha vs dps.

How does this affect carbines, LMG's, assault rifles, smg's? It doesn't *GASP*

*VS 'trilbies' cast aside, TR monacles falling into their drinks as they bang their forks against their glasses in disapproval*

All these weapons, even the NC's, rely on dps and their reliability to do that damage. At close ranges, these type of weapons are identical and the winner is going to be who shot first. Start adding range, well that's when the recoil and bloom overtake any apparent advantage NC had, stagger from explosions and being shot is kinda just salt in the wounds.

"So what would happen if NC carbines/AR's/LMG's were given REAL alpha damage"

Essentially the ttk on NC weapons across the board would be well below anything the TR/VS could accomplish, at the same time, their dps would also be lower than anything the TR/VS could accomplish.

"so what does this mean exactly"

Well, in any 1v1 situation with players with competent aim, the NC player is going to win in the same way a pump-action shotgun is going to beat a semi-auto shotgun.

"sounds OP"

And now you know why they are high alpha in name only.
    • Up x 3
  8. Rydenan

So I'm not allowed to contradict your statements? Okay then. I guess you dislike foumside because of the "forum" part.

That's a funny way of saying "Burstfiring is necessary to land more than your first 3 shots".

Needing to burstfire reduces your DPS and increases your TTK (which, with NC guns, is already at a disadvantage even at full-auto), not to mention requires extra concentration, and really should not be seen as a positive.
    • Up x 2
  9. Lamat

DBG acknowledging the problem would provide some hope that they will look at resolving this issue, otherwise we may as well just play other games and check back later.
    • Up x 1
  10. Killer Medic

Which is why, as a whole, NC pop is going down. Oh there's days where they have good pop; however, most times in peak EST gaming period they're out populated by a ton.
    • Up x 1
  11. Halkesh

On Cobalt, NC are outpopulated only since the new alert system : around 10% of server population move to the faction that win the alert.
    Two month ago, they had the max population of the server, with a constant 35 to 40%.
  12. Lamat

Is there somewhere we can look at server population stats?
  13. Lamat

As broken as the old VP continent system was, it actually allowed Emerald NC to win once and a while. Alerts that depend on combat to win have revealed the glaring balance issues with NC. NC still is often able to build up enough Cortium way before TR/VS, they can just rarely get enough territory to start an alert, and if population is balanced on a continent and they manage to start an alert... well TR/VS love to fight NC even under normal conditions, we're the favored enemy, an NC alert just amplifies that.

This is how alerts generally go on Emerald:
    NC alert = TR/VS both fight NC, one of them wins
    TR alert = TR/VS both fight NC, TR wins
    VS alert = TR/VS both fight NC, VS wins

Meanwhile the average NC player (who still plays) is falling behind on implants only exacerbating the situation.
    • Up x 1
  14. Bukoski

The NC on Emerald are especially hard hit looking at the website that tracks statistics.

Out of the last 100 alerts, the NC have won a continent lock in just 8. NC win percentages across servers are 24% at highest to 10% lowest on emerald.
  15. FLHuk

• Up x 1
  16. Lamat

Based on that site the populations are pretty close, although the scale is jumping by groups of 250 players, so it's hard to gauge. Unfortunately we can't seem to compare specific servers, all I know is playing NC on Emerald feels incredibly masochistic, there should probably be a special directive line for it.
  17. pnkdth

Well, when you make a post related to a small part of a larger argument I won't dignify it with an answer. That simple.

Much like your reply here you're just writing stuff which has nothing to do with anything I've written. It is obvious at this point you're not actually trying to have a discussion but were just looking for any excuse to say whatever it is you're trying to say here. I guess you're having issues hitting stuff with NC weapons?
  18. csvfr

I have some similar thoughts. Even though I think each faction should have access to a selection of weapons, their empire trait could be as follows: Again assuming all body shots, the TTK should be exactly equal and if either misses a shot while the other does not, he will lose a 1 on 1. But if the NC misses 1 shot, the VS can miss 2, and the TR 3, or something similar..
  19. Rydenan

You're wrong about alpha damage having any meaning with automatic weapons, and you're wrong to count burstfire as a 'positive' to NC guns.
    The fact that these points were made as part of a "larger argument" in no way makes them any less inaccurate. And I'm well within reason to point this out.

You don't like having people disagree with you? Don't post in a forum.
  20. Killer Medic

Not on Emerald...