Why do you play HA?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Oathblivion, May 10, 2013.

1. Ketobor

I play HA because in order to get anything meaningful done I probably need to be able to kill vehicles at range.

If I know I will not need to kill vehicles, I still play HA about half the time because my certs are in it, and because MAXs are still a major threat, but vehicles are just too important the rest of the time.

In beta before C4 and grenades were nerfed, I played LA mostly. That just is not realistic right now.
  2. Messaiga

I play HA because I have all the things I need for most situations. My Gauss SAW, my NS-44 Commissioner, and my Phoenix can do just about everything but extreme AA. Add tin the win shield and you have a class for almost everything.
  3. vilehydra

I don't know any more....

I've been playing HA since beta and the class just kind of feels like crap.
    With the Buff to Rear Armor I don't even bother vs tanks because unless the tank is empty or the driver is asleep, I cant win. I liked to do a lot of solo tank hunting which was possible, but very hard.
    I don't use lock-ons because I don't find them fun, but currently dumbfires (I'm using the default) are worthless except on frontal mass. And even then strikers or AV turrets are more effective.

The shield does come in handy and has saved my *** a couple of times.

Also I'm pretty used to the larger clip sizes in the LMGs and every so often when I do switch to my low certed LA/Medic It feels pretty awkward (not to say I cant do it, but I keep forgetting I dont have as much ammo)

Dumbfires could really use a velocity and damage buff to make them useful again, and rear armor on MBT's and lightnings should be reverted to a two shot kill. I've met to many idiot drivers who've survived because of that extra 4 seconds that would allow for a dead grandma to react.

Also they could really really really use proper range sights that accounts for drop at several distances instead of the rifle-like iron sight they have.

I guess I play HA because I'm good at killing infantry and hovering ESF's.

But it just isn't that fun right now due to the low skill cap for a tank to survive in small scale combat.
  4. Bankrotas

Rockets, man, rockets! It's all about the rockets! Seriously though, I'm playing HA to get LMGs to Auraxium
  5. jak

To raise my KDR from playing so much LA. You get a surprisingly accurate weapon with an enormous clip, a shield that can often keep you from losing any health, a big rocket to lame it up against infantry or take out vehicles/maxes, and conc grenades that make entire rooms sitting ducks. What's not to love?
  6. Hibiki54

NC6 Gauss SAW.
    • Up x 1
  7. Tersky

^^^ This. When I see them enemies running around while that 'OOOMP!!!' sound makes them ******** their pants it gives me that special feeling no other thing can :cool:

PS Also I wish I could see the face of ESF pilot a moment before my Phoenix rocket smashes into his cockpit :D
  8. HamOnRye

Three reason come to mind for my justification.

1. Rockets. While I love small fight eventually someone brings a vehicle I to the mix. It could be a tank, harasser, or sundy. You need the tools to deal with vehicles quickly. C4 is an option but is tricky to apply sometimes.

2. Shielding. I have gotten a bit slower as I have aged, and the shield buys me some forgiveness on the lack of reflexes.

3. Large ammo capacity LMGs. Reloads can get you killed, and this feature of the weapons is a boon.
  9. lilleAllan

Currently, I basically hang out in mid range scenarios and keep it real with the laser sighted GD22-S. Concussion grenades for taking points.