Why do you hack?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by rockhead101, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Goretzu

Lets put it this way, generally I think he's a very average and beatable infantry-player, he's a much better (or "better") pilot for sure. The main difficulty is he is near impossible to sneak up on, the reasons for that I leave for you to draw your own conclusions.

Yeah he honestly seems to believe he was right to do it (and indeed has said he would do it again in the same circumstances), seemingly because he believes everyone was doing it.
  2. Ronin Oni

Yeah, not very often for me either, but it always makes me laugh XD
  3. pnkdth

That's nothing particularly out of the ordinary. If you were to make a montage of reasonably skilled players going CQC sniping, that's what you'd end up with. For some reason though, CQC sniping is MLG approved, and as such montages like this is an easy way to look like a pro.
  4. AngusPrime

Alright guys, allow me to lay out the types of hacker mentality, I've hacked plenty of games if you can even call it that, albeit I have no knowledge of coding outside of basic lua so I can modify things for my GMOD server I:E (Garry's mod, CS:S, TF2, Unturned, Quake Live, Minecraft, Rust, Nether, DayZ, Combat Arms, Tactical Intervention, and some others I probably don't remember) (Planetside remains exclusive from this as I've put money into it and don't wish to be banned, making an alternate account is perfectly possible but where's the fun in that? as well as they fact I tire of the communities that hackers attract so I tend to just play games as intended these days)

The Superiority Complex or the "Anti Skid"

These ******** dislike everyone or think they are better than everyone, including others who hack games, they tend to have basic coding knowledge in C++ or LUA and like to believe because of that they are a coding genius, these are my least favorite kind of hacker but alas some of the most common. (Since I haven't participated in the hacking community for Planetside I can't say if I know any of these ones are present.)

The Bored

Bored hackers are just some random ***** who travel around any skidforum they can find and all of its brethren, they grab what they can and are almost always bored with whatever game they play and only retain fun by hacking it as it amuses them. (For some odd reason this type of hacker tend to be weaboos)

The Jokester
    Personally I love these guys, they are the least destructive of the hackers and generally some of the nicest, they tend to only hack to give people a laugh or do stupid **** with a game, most of the time they are pretty harmless and if they do kill you it's in the most hilarious manner and usually in good taste, This type of hacker is extremely rare, don't expect to see them much.

The inferiority Complex
    This is the common stigma of a hacker, and honestly it's not one you see all that often. They tend to only hack to "feel better" than others even though they know they are worse and don't want to improve using their own skill, comparable to a skinny guy at the gym who hates feeling meek so he takes steroids, these are the 2nd most rare I'd say. (They also crave attention usually as mentioned by someone else in the thread earlier.)

The Script Kiddy
    Most likely around the ages of 10-14 (thatprobablyplayminecraft) who stumble upon extreme injector and suddenly thinks they are a master hacker(Thus being even more autistic than one would imagine and they tend to be rude little buggers) , these are the absolute most common hacker in any game you will ever meet in any dimension, they are hated by everyone except other Skid Kiddos, odds are that's probably what you guys have run into more than anything else.

The Actual Hacker
    These guys aren't all that far off the Bored, they only difference is that they are usually prodding what a game can or will stop, and obviously they can code and make their own hacks, these guys tend to fuel any hacker community and usually tend to have their own little botnet if they are ******** enough to DDOS, they aren't rare nor common but moreso elusive, you won't find them if you look for them nor will they announce themselves to you and you cannot contact them through their forums, they only contact you directly most the time and the rest of the time they just have a small inner circle that goes around hacking games with them.

That's all I got off the top of my head or why they hack or anyone does from my understanding. Apologies for any crude language or examples I give, but I figure this should give this thread a little justice from someone who used to be part of said community, I would like to kindly request that albeit I have admitted to foul play in previous games, do not witch hunt me in this one for a minor example that I have given as I love Planetside 2, and I have no intention on cheating a game of this caliber of fun for me. (this was also typed right as I woke up so expect intense grammar and spelling errors)
    • Up x 1
  5. Taemien

I think this image better describes hackers:
    [IMG]
  6. Joexer

I hack because its fun. It gives me a sense of real being belonging in my outfit. It gives me prestige. A real reason to play the game. Long gone are the days of my .4 kdr. Russian havk makers get my money and i get a good score simple as that.

This was sarcastic. what were you expecting every hacker to come out and tell you their life story.
  7. Meeka

I get accused of hacking quite a bit; mostly, because I can nail an infantry with an AP round at maximum render range with little effort, so engineer turrets get thwacked as soon as I locate them... often on the very first shot. But, if people actually look at the amount of time I've put into my Engineer (which means I'm rolling tank) they'd understand why I'm such a good shot with a tank. Same with infil.

Funny thing is, I get accused a lot while I'm live streaming; while the people watching the live stream see how many shots I occasionally miss, and those frustrating moments when I can't hit anything and I give up because dammit, I suck right now!

There's not a lot of hackers in this game, but there's a hell of a lot of accusations.
  8. AngusPrime

Sadly that's pretty much accurate.
  9. AlterEgo

They most likely ate too many Doritos and drank too much Dew... the Double D is quite hazardous to your health, hence the stupid actions.
  10. FrozenCustard

Script kitties get a power boner out of it and/or want to be noticed.
  11. Goretzu

There's a few blatent hackers, they are back (again) to a few every single day on Miller currently.

For every blatent hacker that exists subtle hacker numbers are an order (or orders) of magnitude higher.

There's no way to know the number of subtle hackers in PS2, of course, but given that there is basically NO dectection ability for subtle hackers in PS2, the risk of being caught is tiny so it would be logical to think that any that start doing it basically keep doing it.

There's a fella I started watching after he headshot me (and everyone else) inside my own spawn room, and he went on a 3+ week 90% to 100% headshot kill blitz (from previously being a rather poor player for his first 5000 kills) and he's still playing now. Even if he somehow suddenly became "MLGpro" he still shouldn't have been able to headshot into a spawn room.

Personally I suspect it is all the H1Z1 hacks being used for PS2, currently, as there is seemingly a decent market for H1Z1 hacks.
  12. Megalegs

Ask Lance Armstrong
  13. Kristan

Why do I hack?

Because I need terminal/turret on the enemy base.

:cool:
    • Up x 4
  14. Shiaari

I think cheaters cheat because they enjoy cheating. A former friend of mine has a kid who loves to cheat. The first thing he does when he gets a new game is find the cheat codes and walkthroughs for it. However, MMOs like PlanetSide don't have cheat codes, but they want to have god mode, and auto aim, and no clip, and want to see through walls, and all that tripe. So, they find the necessary scripts and programs that enable to do that.

The actual hackers who code these cheats are ideologically driven anarchists who need to be taken out back and shot.

I said it.
  15. Megalegs

we need more of these, not fewer
  16. Shiaari

I'm not sure that an ideology that insists on perpetuating radical individualism is useful to a species of biologically isolated organisms, whose best hope is to overcome that isolation.
  17. Turiel =RL=

The last hour saw a flying TR MAX, lvl 20 TR headshot aimbotter and all kinds of similar ****. Time to log off early today. The game becomes worse and worse with every day and I don't even care about Mentis, Daddy and Co. anymore. It looks like every 14-year old gluesniffer from eastern Europe can find the cheats on his **** forums these days. Regardless why they are hacking, it won't take long and there are only hackers left.
  18. BorgUK1of9

Yes totally agree, I am totally getting fed up with the aimbot HS snipers, they arent even trying to hide it anymore when HS sniping every shot at 12x magnification from the other side of valleys. This is how it started on PS1, the worst being teleporting AI maxes or teleporting agiles with boomers on AMS's.

Major case of deja vue going on PS1 to PS2 atm, the hacking killed PS1 off in a matter of months when SOE failed to get it under control and the game never recovered.
    • Up x 1
  19. Stormsinger

From what I've observed in games such as TF2 (I've spoken with a few people that cheated, and when I didn't play along with their trolling / BS, I actually got a few serious responses.)

It can be the thrill of being invulnerable, when no one else is. It can be the feeling of power over others. It can be the fact that they just want to piss people off, when there's no recourse other then a 'report' button. It can be the fact that they merely think they are more important then everyone else, and they should only take into account their own needs and desires (This guy's philosophy reminded me of Immanuel Kant's, with a bit of psychopathy added in, he sounded almost emotionless, didnt talk to this guy for long.)

In a nutshell, they are asshats who want to piss off others at their expense.
  20. Turiel =RL=

I remember the days of the invulnerable barcode MAXs :)
    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII has killed you.

PS2 is about to turn into exactly that.