Why do VS get 0.75 ADS LMG but other 2 factions dont??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by greengrunt3, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scr1nRusher

0.75 ADS is not a VS empire trait.
  2. Ragnarox

Srry but Vanu masterrace will not be nerfed just because TR demands it. I demand that TR train and get skill instead of crying all the times on the forum or reddit so that won't happen.
  3. lothbrook

Your faction trait is no drop, NC is 200 damage tier weapons, and TR is increased mag sizes. Obviously these traits aren't on all weapons but they are exclusive to each faction, if you don't like it well that really is your problem.

Fast reload is also not a VS trait, as NC/TR have weapons that reload as fast as VS weapons, the reason most VS weapons reload faster is other factors, like damage per mag, and DPS, otherwise VS weapons would be extremely underwhelming compared to TR weapons that have the same DPS while having 10 more rounds per mag, their reload on these weapons are increased to compensate, while NC weapons would also be much better because the amount of damage per mag would be substantially higher because they're all basically 167 damage tier.

Compare weapons with the same damage, rate of fire, and rounds per mag and reload speeds are basically the same.
  4. Scorpion97

no,fast reload is a VS trait because we are the only faction that have zero weapons with 6 seconds or more reload spd.probably you didn't bother to check the reload speed of the default weapons since comparing default by default is your logic,right?

now tell me,why the solstice VE3,pulsar VS1 and the orion has faster reload speed than other faction defaults? and why the pulsar LSW is the second fastest relading weapon after the NS-15? no drop is a useless trait in all weapons that aren't scout/battle riftles or vehicle ES

The MSW just reloads faster than orion to balance around .5 ads as orion has .75 ads
  5. Scorpion97

I got sick of your attitude,you are reported
  6. Scr1nRusher

Why does TR have 0.75 ADS weapons?

Why does NC have 0.75 ADS weapons?

Why does NS have 0.75 ADS weapons?
  7. lothbrook

lol, no, i said that weapons reload is dependent on DPS and Damage per mag, default weapons have nothing to do with what i said at all. The reason those weapons reload faster than the rest is as i said they have lower DPS or Damage per mag than its other default counterparts, its got nothing to do with being VS. The MSW reloading faster is probably also due to the fact that its less accurate and has more recoil than the orion, of course we're talking about less than 1/4 of a second to slightly more than 1/3 of a second in reload speed here, so its not an earth shattering difference.

You're also a fool if you think no drop is useless, you point at the enemies head and fire no matter the range, you just have to adjust for velocity/travel time on moving targets, try doing the same with other weapons aiming at the right height as well as for velocity, clearly it means little in fights under 50-75m, but past that it makes a difference.
  8. asmodraxus

And by that logic neither is high damage being an NC trait (see the Commissioner) so why not nerf the Vanguard 120mm damage per shot down to that of the Mags?
    Make the Magrider tracked as well, remove a barrel off the prowler and nerf both the speed of it and the vanguard to that of the magrider.
    Lose the 200 damage tier?

Make all empire weapons the same.
    Lose the shotgun max weapons.
    Lose the wire guided AV weapons and make them all Lancer like.

And once all the factions are cookie cutter carbon copies of each other just rename the game Call of Battlefield #
  9. asmodraxus

Bullet drop is irrelevant with CQC weapons, its only at sniper ranges bullet drop needs adjusting for.

How many people use LMG's to kill that target 250m away?
  10. Scr1nRusher

Why does TR have 0.75 ADS weapons?

Why does NC have 0.75 ADS weapons?

Why does NS have 0.75 ADS weapons?
  11. Mxiter

I would give up useless ALS and situational SPA in heartbeat on MSW-R and Anchor if Orion would lose 0.75ads.
    • Up x 1
  12. McMan

When the game was released:
    -TR had 2 carbines with 0.75, VS/NC had none.
    -NC had 2 assult rifles with 0.75, TR/VS had none. (I belive, or did TAR have 0.75?)
    -VS had 2 LMG with 0.75, TR/NC had none.

(I dont know the reasoning behind this, but that it how it was)

Today:
    -Every faction has 0.75 carbine
    -Every faction has 0.75 assult rifle
    -Only VS has 0.75 LMG still!

Why is this fair?
    • Up x 2
  13. Scr1nRusher

Its not, and frankly it shows bad design.

Also I really think the devs(due to working on the game so much and not playing it often) under estimated how powerful 0.75 ADS would be.

Also I'm suprised 0.75 ADS was even put on a LMG. I mean..... did they not rationally THINK?
  14. CorporationUSA

Please show me these insults you speak of. Or are you unable to differentiate criticism from insults?
  15. HateHoppersWJetpacks

NS weapons have 0.75 ADS. Do you guys not understand the point is to make players purchase those weapons by making faction weapons look inferior?

On the issue of weapon differences, yes there are differences. Sorry not all factions will have the same weapons aside from NS weapons. Live with it. Why do people not learn how to play within the special advantage of their faction? Instead they want all factions to be the same faction. This isn't CoD. If weapons have trade-offs to make them faction specific, like something is sacrificed to make another part of the weapon better.

I constantly see faction MAXes get brought up in this conversation. OMG, NC MAXes are only good for close range. Yes.. NC MAXes are much more effective at close range than ANY other faction's MAX. But instead of working as a team and move your MAX to close range with your Aegis Shield, you want a long range rapid fire weapon... AND you get to keep your Shield?

As far as MAX abilities, Vanu's ZoE was one of the most useless and it's become even more useless since they 'fixed' it. End result is they removed any movement increase it had before. And now all it does is light you up for enemies, gives you increased damage taken and only slight dmg bonus in CLOSE range (Which will still lose to NC MAX, I haven't used this ability pretty much ever). While actually giving your weapons much less damage in further ranges.. Meaning, ZoE is the only ability amongst the MAXes that will make you do less damage with duel bursters...

So we can all complain and nerf away every faction, or it might be worth it to understand the point of having different factions with different technologies. Less we allow DGC to degrade this game to the point where we all just fight with sticks and stones just so the game is 'balanced'.
    • Up x 1
  16. Scorpion97

In the "tuning topic"

"You are the dumbest person I have seen"

This thread:

"Snowflake"

"Fool out of yourself"

Btw,this isn't the only reason to report him
  17. CorporationUSA

I was talking about insults from me. You alleged that I was insulting someone, and I asked for proof.

And what is the "tuning topic"?
  18. Naphemil

TR and NC have no LMG .75 ADS.... you seem to always forget that this is about LMGs....

The NS-15 shouldn't even be a thing.
  19. Scorpion97

I didn't allege any insults from you,i alleged scr1nrusher's

and it's the "LMG tuning" topic
  20. McMan

When the game was released:
    -TR had 2 carbines with 0.75, VS/NC had none.
    -NC had 2 assult rifles with 0.75, TR/VS had none. (I belive, or did TAR have 0.75?)
    -VS had 2 LMG with 0.75, TR/NC had none.

(I dont know the reasoning behind this, but that it how it was)

Today:
    -Every faction has 0.75 carbine
    -Every faction has 0.75 assult rifle
    -Only VS has 0.75 LMG still!

Why is this fair?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.