Why do people think the heavy assault is overpowered?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by LectraWyraph, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Vivicector

That was just an example. Fraction weapons are nearly similar, you have your analogues. LMGs are good enough for most situations. They may be more about ADS, then hipfire, but that is it. Don't even try to say that they are bad.

And I think so too. However, the shock trooper role of HA won't be spoiled by the change. You will just activate the shield earlier, no real difference. Problem is, in fights there will always happen random encounters in buildings and in the open. Where HA is just running through a building and so do I. And in this cases, half-decent HA will always win since he has that 1.5x HP pool. This is not some assault situation, just random fights.

One has to think and use tricky positioning to get some use from LA/infiltrator ability. Engies need to put their turrets in the right spot. Medics must look for other's health. HAs need to press a button when being shot at.

In Planetside 1, there was a force shield implant. It worked like HA shield, but used player's stamina (without it you couldn't even walk normally). TTKs were longer, so activating the shield too early was a certain death since it will root you in place after a shot or two. Activating it too late won't work since bullet hits were draining that stamina too. Usage of the implant took real skill. Too bad it has nothing to do with PS2.
  2. Robertooooo

The only ones i can do that ''activate the shield and turn around'' thing against are those that spray and pray and somehow missed 50% of their shots. If it's one of those that aim somewhat good i die most of the times when i get jumped from behind.
  3. Hiding in VR

If they can aim well you die anyway, since the movement penalty makes headshots easier.

Heavies shouldn't have an ability that is a benefit against weak players and a penalty when facing strong.
  4. Hiding in VR

What do you mean 1.5x HP pool? Without the Overshield the HA is exactly the same as the LA.
  5. NCstandsforNukaCola

Have you ever tried SAW or AC X11?
    or checked stats at least?
    There is much difference between other weapons and LMG
    I'm not EVEN trying to tell you that LMG are bad,
    What I'm trying to tell you is if this nerf goes live, The current stat of LMGs will not be competitive anymore combined ramp up time and clientside hit detection
    The shield can make them possilbe to fight now
    Don't even try to say that they are great without any reasons
  6. KnightCole

Then just to make sure that the nerf is nerfy enough, lets cry to get the nerf nerfed so that when the nerfing is done we can ensure the nerf is nerfed by nerfing it some more.

Only then is it good enough.
    • Up x 1
  7. Robertooooo

That's true. If they implent activation time on HA shield they should also decrease the movement penalty.
    • Up x 1
  8. vsae

I dont understand how exactly the shield will ramp up and hope the change will not affect resist shield.
    I do not at all understand why is the nerf needed, other than to refresh the game by shifting masses into medics.
  9. Crayv

It probably will impact Resist Shield or it would be a pointless nerf. If you use Resist before you start getting shot it is already superior to NMG. Only nerfing NMG would make RS a flat out upgrade.
  10. Sotoma

The HA does not have anywhere near 2x the hp of any class. Even with RS at max shields and hp it does not stack with anything, not flak, not nanoweave, nothing. If you miss so much that the HA has enough time to turn around and kill you then gg you were outplayed and the HA was rewarded for good aim while you were penalized for your bad aim, or just blame it on the shield that can soak up 3 (4 bullets if he's lucky) that adds between 1-2 tenths of a second ttk for most guns.
    • Up x 1
  11. LibertyRevolution

You do not understand what stacking means...
    You seem to think turning on your shield negates your suit slot, it doesn't.

It used to stack, as in it took your 500(life)+500(shield)+650(NMG)*25%= 2062 effective HP to small arms.
    Now it does 500(life)+500(shield)*25%+650(NMG)=1900 effective HP to small arms.
  12. Sotoma

Uhh... actually you seem to not understand what stacking means, for the resistances/health bonuses provided by Flak, Nanoweave, RS/NMG to stack they'd have to be applied in tandem, whereas now the resistances applied by NW and Flak are not applied at the same time as RS and they do not increase the effective hp of NMG so they do not stack. And NW only gives 20% resistance to small arms fire not 25% and it's very misleading to just give the effective hp of a soldier with max NW since it assumes only small arms fire and no headshots.
  13. Contego

After seeing that heavy assault has an upcoming nerf on the horizon, I feel obligated to post my two cents here. I play all classes ( mostly LA, rarely Engi) I can say without a doubt heavy assault is not overpowered. Heavy's go down real quick when they are surprised (which is sooo easy an infiltrator or Light assault) usually don't even have a chance to pop their shield or if they do will still die. BUT, if someone with no knowledge on the heavy assault (or you're just dumb) decides to go point to point with a heavy assault within the preferable range of an LMG the odds are against them as I believe they should be. Basically SE is going to take the heavy out of heavy assault, an already predictable and easy to kill class is going to become even easier on the battlefield. Might as well just call them assault now, as there really won't be much heavy to them anymore except from weak anti vehicle options. I can't wait until the jetpack is taken away from the light assault, or the cloak from infiltrators, or oh wait just take away the guns altogether, we will all make a giant fire pit in the impact site and sing kumbaya and roast hotdogs and beans together.
    • Up x 1
  14. miraculousmouse

Lol do you have any new material? First you tried making a fool out of me with that BS and now youre trying to fool him. 10 shots to the body at close range from a 143/ 800 weapon does more than that in a second, not counting headshots. If you backstab the heavy and start firing before he fires his shield, youve already taken much of his rehealthreserve and unless your aim sucks or your computer starts stuttering you will win. Stop attacking heavies head on and expect to win then complain about it.
  15. miraculousmouse

Man why would they nerf the rs? You already have to know whem to use it, it isnt a osh!t shiel like the other two. a ramp up time would make it redundant.
  16. Killerdude8

The only Nerf coming to the Overshield is the Ramp up time, which is a PERFECTLY acceptable nerf, It makes the once skilless class, something that needs careful planning in order to use effectively.

I was getting incredibly tired of this "Instant I have marginally more HP than you" Button. Now it's the "I have more HP, but I was planning for this to happen" button.
  17. acksbox

Love it all you like, but it's still objectively worse than many weapons.
  18. jaktrobot

I hope this change wotn go tru, resist shield is perfect at it is, if they nerf shields there is no point playing a ha other then lockons for esf.

U will see maxes everywhere when tehre is no ha to use concussion and rocket them. Then ppl will whine aboiut maxes, and maxes will be nerfed once again.

Then smg inf and la will rule the game, untill soe understand they need to undo they hs shield nerf.

Ha shileds is perfecl fine, everyone can play a ha aswell so i dont see the point, but i guess all muppets boys rather shot ppl in the back as smg inf or la ratehr then have a good fire fight which u get into alot as ha.

Ha shield will be a disaster for the game, and this comes from a guy who play all classes. But i guess i can just play my medic instead of ha after this stupid nerf patch.
  19. jaktrobot

Lol i was gone write the exct same thing as u just did so i cant agree more with u. Same here i play engi and la most and ha from time to time also.

AND I AGREE WITH U, IF THEY ARE GOEN NERF HA SHIELD THEN THEY HAVE TO REMOVE LA JUMP PACKS AND INF CLOAK ASWELL!

Soe pls dont let this nerf go tru, no decent player have ever complained about the ha shield, so why nerf it? There is is atleast nothing wrong with resist shield atm, its perfectly fine.
  20. jaktrobot

I dont understand ppl who complain about ha, whats stops them from pulling one?

I Also dont understand how some ppl can play one class only, whats the fun about playing smg inf 24/7, its freakign boring and lame game play.

This change is depressing and almost wanne make me canel my membership and stop playign this game.

If Soe nerfs ha shield, why cant they remove smgs from inf aswell then? Its op aswell, same with c4 la who kills 4-5 maxes and a few otehr while dropping lame c4 from above.

SOE IF U NERF HA SHIELD U HAVE TO REMOVE C4 FROM LIGTHT ASSAULT AND SMGS FROM INF, then mayeb we have a ballanced game.