Why do people think the heavy assault is overpowered?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by LectraWyraph, Mar 7, 2014.

1. LibertyRevolution

NMG has 650HP of shield.
    So that is 500HP+500sheild+650overshield for a total of 1650effective base life.
    Then equip some nanoweave, then your at 500+500*1.25=1250+650=1900effective life against small arms
    Or equip flak armor and then your at 500+500*1.50=1500+650= 2150effective life against explosive damage.

Heavy assault is a mini max, you just don't want to acknowledge the truth.

Yes, they are not as good as when they stacked and you had 2062HP against small arms or 2475 against explosives.
    But they still pwn every other class..
  2. Korban

Heavy Assault is "NOT" OP'd, their class-oriented roles (IMO, is a Suppressive Fire maker, Heavy Ordinance shocktroopers, infantry front-line pushers) IS "Working As Intended", those who whines that HA are OP'd are mainly because A) OHKO by RL; B) Land and Air Pilots; C) Can't use their class-oriented roles efficiently or D) Outperformed by skill.

IMO, the Overshield change would defeat the role-purpose of a Heavy Assault.
  3. miraculousmouse

Saying heavy assault is like a mini max is saying the shrike is like the c7 5viper or whatever the HE lightning can.on is called, both explode and both can ohko infantry so they are of the same caliber.
    Lets use 143 wep for an example. The hv45 does 1 43damage per bullet. lets say an efficient player has backstabbed a heavy and aims for the head and starts firing. 5headshots with the 1.x multiplier if im not mistake, 214.5(5) damage right there, if he gets 5body shots its 143(5) so add those two figures together. That is a perfect scenerio of course, we could argue about lag and hit detection but those are probpems with the game overall, not a class.btw

: 10rounds isnt enought to killhim, only leave him with give or take health ;) 20but the r0ounds per second of the hv45 is13, more than enough to kill the shielded heavy. If the guy is carryin a shotty theres no chance, i bring down shielded heavies with PAs when panicking and not having the impulse to flare my own shield, backstabbing the guy then is cruel.
  4. Hexenn

No wonder you have problems, you only fight heavies with full shields and nanoweave and you never hit their head. Also even with all of that it's two hits with a shotgun.
  5. LibertyRevolution

What is with this "oh they are heavy you have to shoot them in the head" nonsense?
    You do realize that even after the nanoweave nerf, that HA overshield still blocks damage from headshots?
    So for you to kill a HA with headshots, you still have to deal 1650 damage to him!
    All while aiming at his moving head while he is shooting you and adada.. sure sure sounds balanced. :rolleyes:
  6. Hexenn

That much damage is like one second of sustained fire on most close quarters weapons. Just what exactly are you trying to ambush heavies with?

And you're also assuming the heavy's shields are always full. It takes like 4.5 body shots to take down a heavy shield from full to empty and about a minute to recharge it. Most fights it's an extra bullet or two. The reason everyone's telling you to aim for the head is the shield slows heavies down, and the main heavy weapon, the LMG, has atrocious hipfire, so he's even slower ADSing. You don't "have to shoot them in the head", it's just really easy.
    • Up x 1
  7. nubery

Because its just the latest nerf bandwagon of forumside.

Nerf everything! Then nerf it more after!
    • Up x 1
  8. Hoki

The overarching theme of this thread is that everyone is being intellectually dishonest about how badly HA need the nanite overshield to activate instantly, without any delay, because other classes have abilities.

If people are even going to argue that a delay would actually put heavies at a disadvantage, well then we can't really have a discussion.
    Guess we'll just have to wade through the tears, but I assure that I'll continue to play HA and I'll be just fine. Whats that say about you?
    • Up x 1
  9. LibertyRevolution

The HA can kill a non HA in half the time if both aiming at the chest.. 1900eHP vs 1000HP.
    HA can aim at the chest, while I have to aim at his head, and he can kill me in the same amount of time, if we both score all hits.

HA can use SMG&Battle Riffles, so don't get stuck trying to tell me how HA suck because LMG..

If I shoot you in the back, you should not be able to press F, turn around and shoot me and win.
  10. Crayv

Why would I want to play a HA when I can play a class that can heal himself, heal others, revive, and has access to some of the best guns in the game? Or play a class that doesn't just have "a lot of ammo" but has infinite ammo, has a turret that has infinite wire guided rockets, or a turret that can take a Titan AP without so much as a scratch, and can repair a tank faster than a HA can damage it? Or I can play a class that can get to areas that are inaccessible to other classes to ambush them from and if I take a bit of fire I can fall back to where they can't even touch me until they forget about me and repeat the cycle?

Why would I want to play a HA over those? Because a HA has a shield that can help him win a straight up fight.

So after the nerf you will mainly see HAs outside where vehicles are (the shield was never very useful against vehicles to begin with) but inside? Well, next time you are in a biolab and you see a MAX come into the room and everyone in that room is a infil, medic, or LA because no one wants to play a HA you can imagine how well that is going to end for you.
  11. NCstandsforNukaCola

What your saying is more nonsense
    It seems you just don't want to take advantage of other classes' merit
    That said, AR or Carbine have easier handling with same DPS compared to LMG
    You just wanna kill HA easily without putting any effort
    In short "I cannot kill any of them! They are OP! Nerf them!"

This is where the famous word comes in
    L2P
    • Up x 3
  12. miraculousmouse

13. Hexenn

If he manages to activate his shield, turn around, aim, and fire, with you getting the jump on optimal range with an appropriate weapon, and you couldn't hit 2-4 extra shots from your ambush, the shield isn't the problem.
    • Up x 2
  14. miraculousmouse

Lol i use resist anyways which i thin k wont be nerfed. just arguing for my brethren across all factions with red or green or blue shields, that their nmg/as shouldnt be nerfed cause of L2P issues :p
  15. acksbox

NMG has an activation cost of about 35, and decreases by about 20 for every second it's active, even if you aren't taking hits.

Headshots still do double damage, and still ignore nanoweave.

HA need an instant activation oversheild to be competitive in the majority of CQC situations, or when caught by surprise.

A delay will put most heavy configurations at a grave disadvantage vs other classes, because LMGs have a longer TTK than almost any other class of primary.

Just completely and totally wrong.

Heavies will never be on the same footing as a Light Assault, Medic, or Engineer, because they do not have access to Assault Rifles or Carbines, both of which considerably outclass LMGs at most ranges.

Remove the overshield and give HA access to all weapons, and maybe I'd continue to use the class. Then again, the medics heal aura would still make them better at fighting other infantry, so probably not.
    • Up x 2
  16. Vivicector

You guys just got to used to having that cheesy button. Right now it is not helping you with the role, but used to win the fights in 1vs1 situations. In fact, HA will win any sudden encounter against any class, if the skill is same. THIS is the problem. There won't be a problem with actually assaulting some building, since you can activate the shield beforehand and enter after that.

Don't even tell me, that LMGs are bad. I still love the Orion and it is still great (nerfed since CBT, but still).

However, I believe, they will need to remove or reduce the energy spending for uphold of the shield.
  17. NCstandsforNukaCola

Then explain others how to use the Orion on TR and NC
  18. Chazt

Considering the role of the heavy assault is listed as "shock troopers" I think the shield fits their role very well. They are meant to move in to a base and start taking down resistances, that is their job. The shield fits that role very well as it makes them formidable opponents on the battlefield and lets not even pretend they are overpowered. If you are fighting a heavy assault from the front and not suing your mobility to you advantage you are doing it wrong. Light assaults can get around them easily, infiltrators can sneak up and blast them with an smg or snipe them, and lets not forget that most carbines, assault rifles or shotguns outperform heavies lmgs in terms of dps or burst damage. If you flank a heavy they are completely screwed, if you decide to stand perfectly still and ads at him you are probably going to get wrecked but other than that you should be fine.
    • Up x 1
  19. MrK

"Why would I want to play a HA"
    Rocket Launcher
    Magazine Size (this one is so overlooked it's silly, that's exactly what defines the HA as the "charge in" class, you don't need to go cover for reload)
    Conc grenade
    AV Grenade
    And shield (newsflash : nerf != disapearance)

These tools are what define HA.
    Not "I'm the assault class so I'm given the right to win fights", but tools to define a role.

I don't like that change either, don't see much of a point and if there's a problem in HA, it's not in his shield, as I said above.
    BUT, you guys are very much overreacting. "OMG, a delay? I ragequit!" .....
    • Up x 1
  20. MrK

Damn, wrong button pressed. nvm