Why do people keep complaining about the TR?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Goolloom, May 13, 2013.

1. GhostAvatar

Even so, everyone still sits around complaining about how OP and awesome the Striker is at destroying vehicles. Yet it performs far below that of the other ESRLs. And you can't even blame that on the skill of the Striker operator, since it is pretty much a skilless weapon. The Phoenix may not be good at killing tanks as you have said, but the Striker is far worse in this regard. Especially if you believe all the pilots out there that say it kills them to effectively, meaning most the Striker kills come from ESFs.

Which bring back the the threads topic, "Why do people keep complaining about the TR?"
  2. Lance007

B
    Because every f***ing CoD cry baby expects to be a one man army, and when he isn't, runs and crys to the forums about the thing that kills him.
    • Up x 1
  3. tstivers1990

IDK why everyone complains about the striker. I fly a mossie almost always and have never been killed by the striker.
  4. tstivers1990

5. Lance007

TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT! Or he is just stupid.
  6. GhostAvatar

Welcome to CoDside 2.0
  7. Lance007

Organization OP! MUST NERF!
  8. ArmedGoose

Atm: nothing. Literally.
    As you are clearly part of "the problem" (TR on Miller) the only thing you can do is nothing... as in not playing.
    Which of course is no option.
    There we are - back to nothing... ;)

And ppl complain about TR just because. You know. Red. The enemy. Thursday? :D
  9. Vetto

I never understood that logic "RED MEANS YOU'RE THE ENEMY!" Well frankly by that logic... so should purple i mean lets be honest.. Purple = Halo Covenant ((Which sadly enough is also there mind frame))
  10. PhiladelphiaCollins

cuz...

...Fractures
    ...Strikers
    ...Prowlers
    ...Prowlers with Vulcans
    ...children friendly weapons
    • Up x 1
  11. sham

People keep complaining about the TR? I was under the impression people keep complaining about everything and everyone. If you were to believe these forums then the NC/VS/TR are both massively and obviously OP/UP and anyone who says different should L2P.

Oh, and the devs hate you. :)
    • Up x 1
  12. Loegi

How so? Strikers seem like annihilators to me, just more prevalent. Prowlers seem like all other tanks. The Vulcan is for close range, which you shouldn't let them (but forumside doesn't comprehend this with the shotguns either so). And I really don't see how that high ROF with that recoil is "children friendly", that would be VS in my opinion.

I left out the Fractures because I have no idea about that one.
  13. Luighseach

These are my problems with TR.

1. Fracture maxes Shred both Tanks and Infantry.(Yes Ravens Shred infantry aswell. It needs a nerf too)
    2. Mosquito outperforms my Reaver in every category that counts(the Scythe fills better too)
    3. Striker. I just hate lock-ons
    4. All Infantry weapons. Fast ROF with Low recoil while as an NC i have Slow ROF with High Recoil doesn't make sense.(This allows for TR having way better burst than I can ever hope for as an NC.)
    5. The Prowler guns do way more damage if you land both shots making it and extremely good brawling tank that excels at high risk high reward situation.(Magrider and Vanguards have to sit back and calculate its shots Especially the Magrider(but at least the Magrider can dodge enemy fire.)

Those are my problems.

What I would like to see change(just slightly)

1. Fracture maxes should have a slight damage nerf since they can shred tanks way too quickly just maybe a second more on the ttk not a huge nerf but significant also make it so it takes at least three to four(dual) shots to kill infantry(ravens aswell)
    2. Mosquito's are so maneuverable and fast. If Mosquito get that much speed and maneuverability then My Reaver should get the even more armor to compensate. The Reaver feels like a flying brick compared to the Mosquito and the Scythe. But honestly I have no idea how to fix this.
    3. The Striker needs complete rethink and overhaul feels like lazy design(so does the vanu's ES weapons) Even the NC's empire specific stuff feels weird but at least its different.
    4. The inconsistencies between the factions weapons is terrible. The TR recoil for that high rate of fire should be ridiculous(they are still using cartridge based weapons). Basically infantry weapons of all factions need another balance pass. I felt they were pretty even but the attachment changes really hurt NC with some of the changes. The guns feel harder to handle since the changes.
    5. The Prowler should not be touched it is fine were it is. I just get mad when they get up close and their is nothing I can do but pop my shield and hope he doesn't have a secondary gunner.
  14. Rentago

no one complains about the TR, must be the NC drawing straws at both the VS and TR if anything.

everyone and even NC complain about NC developer bias because it is there and it is real.
    • Up x 1
  15. MikeyGeeMan

Lets get to the real issue. Skill.

There is a skill discrepancy on the servers

There is a teamwork discrepancy.

How do you fix that? The more I read the problems and issues people are having it sounds like a skill issue.

And for the record under sustained fire nc weapons are on par with the tr. deal with it.
    • Up x 1
  16. MikeyGeeMan

Your data shows that kills per hour are higher for all nc weapons.

Score per hour means nothing. It's the kills. Thanks for the data.

They are good charts.
    • Up x 1
  17. CupBoy

It doesn't mean "nothing". Kills are, however, often a more interesting number to look at. And you're welcome.
  18. Ultramarine

Even so, they're rather close. The SAW is actually LOSING in several data sets by fractions of points, and never pulls ahead well so this data completely defeats any "SAW OP" complaints. The ESF, MBT, and pistol stats have us in bad spots too. Carbines are well balanced, the guass rifle and one of your cyclers suck, but otherwise AR's are balanced well. TR owns the vehicle area. :p far from ALL NC weapons killing more.
  19. CupBoy

Yay for conspiracy theories on the internet. Get over your paranoia, the developers are not out to get you.
  20. Ultramarine

Check the data I showed you. NC is not outbalanced in any way right now. Phoenix is doing very well, TR's tanks are obliterating everything and the VS ESF is stomping. Everybody has something, but are losing in several areas as well. Failcomplaint