Why do people keep complaining about the TR?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Goolloom, May 13, 2013.

1. Qsilver

But then again if you look at the sph meters ( https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E&gid=59 ) you can see that the AH is not actually doing so badly, but in fact a lot better than all the other AI weapons. From this ( and also this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AmUavphHXmIxdFhHUzJfN1VYalRnWS0xMnBUdTJpM1E&gid=65 ) we can probably get into a conclusion that the AH is used more for AV duties than the others. That does not mean that the weapon should not be changed. I'd much rather see it performing similar as banshee etc, killing infantry, but not doing anything against vehicles and thus brought down to the similar sph level of TR and vanu variants. From the same data you can see that the AA noseguns actually perform very equally, with hailstorm getting a small lead in the higher ranks.

So don't just look at one stat screen that fits into your agenda and compare performance of weapons that can be used and will be used against different targets.
  2. huller

Because NC and VS on this forum don't want the TR to have nice things.
    • Up x 2
  3. Spookydodger

Flavor of the month.
  4. skeeter1337

Cause tr = easy mod
    • Up x 1
  5. Fenrisk

The reason TR gets more misinformed nerf threads then NC is there are far more NC then TR players and more high BR players on TR side then NC. The faction with the most low BR players will start the most misinformed useless nerf threads on here.

TR = Often High BR informed players who use any counter we can find to what we see as op. Scatmax? C4 it!
    NC = Mostly Low BR players "omg i died to x TR weapon nerf it now!" Fragmax? Nerf PLXXXX
    VS = all our weapons suck nerf everyone else. "Enemy max? NERf it! or buff us darn it!
    • Up x 1
  6. lilleAllan

All the default ESF guns are terrible, Reaver included.
    Unless one is obviously biased of course.
    • Up x 1
  7. OminousZ

Try playing on the NC and you'll see. At least on Waterson
  8. Krayus_Korianis

I can tell you why. The other factions don't want their things nerfed, only the TR. So they can be OP'd.

Seriously, when has anyone here ever been killed by an N6 Gauss SAW from over 250+ Meters away? I was just killed by a lot of them, from far away... I can't do that with my CARV-S, which I spent money on, but they can without spending ANYTHING?

Tell me how that's fair.
  9. G3arfried

well first they got the striker then they have the best overall guns. Longer clips, mbt that is fast and small, and last but not even the least the mossy.

These are just some of the things about tr. I play nc and our maxes are stuck with auto shotguns which i dun like. I find the tr maxes to have cool weps/VS for havin cool ninja lookin ones/NC for having big bad *** muthfudgers but stuck with 3 versions of shotguns. (Least give us an option for a fully auto for the max QQ)

I feel bad for VS but they seem balanced and NC is in the middle where TR is over the top.

Dont believe me about the tr facts? Open map and look at map population.
    Had around 60% TR pop in indar 2 days ago... and its usualy at around 40% and 30% lowest...

Now i dont like nerf calls but someone on the dev team really loves TR.
    • Up x 1
  10. Krayus_Korianis

Many of the developers are NC... Which is why they get OP'd crap. Make all the guns like the TR variants, then you'll see.
  11. skeeter1337

1000% true
  12. G3arfried

heres your mbt

Now when a vanguard can shoot twice/have an anchored mode/great mobility and speed you can call NC op. Our reavers are loud your mossys are op. You lucky there is no water combat or id be droppin an OP troll boat into this.

Also i wish my rocket launcher could shoot 5 lock on rockets from my ninja heavyassult trolling someone far away. Fracture max anyone? I cant wait for the max update for TR... the lockdown mode lawl.

I wont lie thought i really like your guys mbt and esf they look nize.
  13. TomaHawk

In honor of this post, I have updated my graphical dedication to all the whiners of PS2:

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  14. Krayus_Korianis

The ESRL shoots 5 small rockets that do the damage of 1-3 rockets. IF THEY HIT! You have to LOCK ON for it to even fire. YOU get a rocket launcher with a camera that you can control. You can kill Infantry AND vehicles as well as slow moving fighters. Wtf is wrong with you?

Your tank has SHIELDS, it's also got some pretty dang powerful weapons as well. I've flown the Reaver, it's better than the Mosquito.

Hell, I sometimes have to dump an entire clip to kill someone. That's not holding down fire at all. NC can just obliterate people with their default weapons. HOW THE HELL IS THAT LESS AND UP'D THAN TR? ANSWER ME!
  15. G3arfried

lets start of with the rockets. Camera rocket? That thing tickles. So you got no real argument there.

Tank has shields? Yours can deploy for a pretty nice bonus and just snipe stuff from range. Plus our giant *** tanks are clunky at turning and handling where TR ones are not plus the TR ones faster.
    Reaver better then mosquito? What you been smoking bro? Reaver gives an announcement of its location to any half awake person. The mossy has better speed/hover/turning then the reaver and is silent unless it gets closer.

The HA defualt for NC raises to the sky in 3-4 shots... Only our defualt sniper for infel is good because its a bolt action where the TR one is a semi auto. Your maxes can kill from range ours have to run up to you and not hope to step on a mine or get c-4 noobed by a fairy.

Why are you even debating about this?
  16. Keiichi25

People are griping about the TR because some of the weapons the TR have gotten have made 'spamming' so 'easy' with regards to certain things.

The Prowler HE, for instance, was pretty much a mistake on SOE's part as 2 shots with a bit blast radius and with Anchored mode made ranged infantry spamming a wee bit too easy.

The more recent complaint with Fractures is the fact the TR players are using it way more than VS or the NC using their ES MAX AV weapons, the Vortex and Raven respectively, and seemingly being 'more accurate', and generating 'more kills' than either faction.

The thing is, people are ignoring the few simple facts going on here:
    1. Most of the players are terribad when it comes to evading stuff. A lot of players, myself included, often times are not 'moving' and get killed by something because we don't move enough to make targeting us harder.
    2. A weapon that has been fired MORE TIMES than the other weapons will generate higher statistics count, especially given only one faction has this particular weapon
    3. A lot of people are relying on a couple of sites to give statistics, then go ape**** over the numbers, ignoring the fact some of those numbers are not 100% collected properly. Even Sony's player site has incorrect information, as I looked at my TR and NC character it shows I only fired some weapons 'x' amount of times for the MAX and when I know I fired those weapons more than 'x' times. Which means all the statistical arguments are all suspect.
    4. The TR mechanic is 'Power through superior Firepower'... Which is basically 'mass fire'. In planetside 1, I argued time and time again the proper use of TR weapons and ridiculed by TR players pointing out the TR mechanic. Now with Planetside 2, the TR mechanic becomes more noticeable as it is pure volume of fire, their weapons allow people to spam almost with impunity where as the other weapons don't lend nearly as nicely for that.
    And let me point out fact 4 a little more. Yes, the NC and VS also have 'spam weapons'... However, the TR mechanic has been about being much more 'liberal' about their volume of fire. Even with the lower damage per round, we are talking repeated hammering. And even with the recoil to make it harder to be 'successful' in a lot of hits, the mass fire mechanic leans more towards allowing the less experienced players more chances to hit, and more experienced players to make sure they hit.
  17. Krayus_Korianis

Obviously you're smoking something. Also, the developer team favors NC. Put that in your pipe.

I call Nerfs on the default weapons for the NC, their damage needs to be put down. THEY also should give TR default weapons what the NC gets for default weapons. VS should get that for their default weapons too.