Why do maxes "ruin fights"?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by xboxerdude, Apr 9, 2014.

1. lawn gnome

yes for a lone infantry, but in large scale infantry conflicts their low rate of fire is generally going to hurt you compared to the other dedicated AI weapons.
  2. Xocolatl

Precisely why I said that some strategies or proper equipments will take them down all the same. I think we're actually in agreement here.
  3. WaaWaa

Everything has a counter in this game. Use it!
    • Up x 2
  4. MajiinBuu

Maxe5 are a good thing. The game 5hould be about reflexe5 and 5kill, but that doe5n't mean the be5t player 5hould eliminate everyone he encounter5. 5ome player5 don't have the reflexe5 needed to go up again5t better player5, and many don't have computer5 good enough to play even if they do have the reflexe5.
    Maxe5 even the playing field by clo5ing the unnece55ary gap in 5kill.
  5. Scure

CoD/BF kids should stop giving dumb ideas. My "favorite" topic is the "infantry server only" ones... seriously.... if you hate MAX, aircraft and other vehicles then its not your game.
    • Up x 1
  6. Epic High Five

Look everything that kills me is ezmode and has no downsides. Every I use throws rotten tomatoes and lights me up on the minimap with a big arrow while slowing me down.

I don't see what's so hard to see about this.

Perspective is a wonderful thing. Compared to what they USED to be, Liberators now are just kittens with balls of yarn. NC MAXes? A rabbit trying to eat an ear of corn. I say there should be reverse-nerf days for all these anti-nerf people and people who think things are just awful now.
    • Up x 1
  7. Cyanstorm

Exactly.

This is Planetside, a combined arms game, thats what I loved about PS1 and thats what I love about PS2; its diversity. I hate Libs and ESF's, especially the ones crewed by ace's, I curse them occasionally and even ***** about it on yell chat but I dont want them nerfed into oblivion or even worse, taken out completely from the game. They fill their role accordingly and so does heavy armor and Maxes, which in my opinion is the true heavy infantry class on the game. I love playing Maxes, but I mostly use em now to break a point, I dont use the MAX as a crutch, I can hold my own against anyone using my heavy or engy just fine. All this ******** about nerfing Maxes to the Stone Age is pointless, they are here to stay, if you dont like it you got 2 choices: 1) go show your bad *** infantry skills in CS or COD, I am sure you will fit right in lol 2) pull out your deci and kill the damm MAX already.
    Cry me a river wont work here, MAX is a staple of the Planetside universe.
  8. Cyanstorm

I played CS for a few years, so I know the caliber of players that game has (much better infantry skills than any PS2 player i have gone against) ; I strongly suspect that a lotta folks playing Planetside 2 and constantly ******** about Vehicles/Maxes are doing it because they couldn't hack it (as much as they wanted/expected to) in their "infantry" only game; otherwise why play Planetside (a COMBINED arms game) and whine about the combined part?? IF you think for one sec that PS will ever change that you are delusional.