Why do maxes "ruin fights"?

Discussion in 'MAX' started by xboxerdude, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Konfuzfanten

Yea and too many clueless people think that a FPS should be about everything BUT actually FPS skills(accuracy, situational awareness and reactions) :rolleyes:

If you want to fight a "boss" like opponent, im 100% sure you can find the first 10 generic fantasy MMOs, yea?
  2. xboxerdude

Are you trying to subtly imply that maxes don't take accuracy , situational awareness , and a players reactions?
  3. Posse

If you call aiming at the general direction of the enemy accuracy, then yes, it requires accuracy... wait no, that's not accuracy, as for the other 2, it requires them but MUCH less than any infantry class, sry but you're just playing easy mode, like it or not
    • Up x 2
  4. xboxerdude

And how does a player playing easy mode enjoying the game "ruin it" for others? Do you concede though that it does take somewhat amount of "associated skills"?
  5. Posse

In the way that you're enjoying a nice infantry fight where everyone has chances of killing another guy until a ScatMAX appears and without any need to aim and be careful because it has a **** ton of HP just presses both mouse buttons once, and you're dead.

If you don't see the problems in a class that has

-MUCH more HP than any infantry class
    -More firepower than any infantry
    -Sprints at almost the same speed as infantry

Well, I don't know what to tell you.
    • Up x 2
  6. TriumphantJelly

They ruin fights because:
    Chainguns.
    Shotguns.
    Portable light shows.
  7. muoni

MAXES are ********... every base there's one around every corner .. WHY PLAY ANYTHING OTHER THAN MAX??? you want too make the game better then , MAKE THE MAXES BIGGER SOO THEY CANNOT ENTER SMALLL aka CQC ROOMS!!!!! MAxes make infantry skills WORTHLESS in this game!!!! BR 99 medic dies too BR 5 max... pathetic !
  8. FaLI3N

They ruin fights just by being there. I just started another character on Connery because Briggs log-in times drove me away and there always seems to be that one guy that brings a max to the smallest scale of fights. I know what I need to do to counter his terrible self but I don't have the certs to throw away in order to do it yet. So many times I have gone to a 1-12 fight to stop two or so people trying to steal a hex none of our faction is in only to have it be one infantry and one max. As an experienced player in a race against time to take the point back before losing the base I know that the best course of action would be to kill the infantry and steal the point back leaving the max standing there like a tool unable to take it back but having to run and avoid his LOS constantly while trying to kill the infantry isn't easy when you are the only one there and have no c4 etc.

Now if I was a new player without the experience to know what to do to counter the max and not having the certs to counter him even if I tried then I could see why one guy in a tiny 2v1 fight could be infuriating. Just as a little side-note we have an outfit on Briggs that constantly brings 12-24 to ghost cap bases with up to 10 maxes scattered around standing on points that they can't take because they are being back-capped. These kinds of people are always annoying.
  9. Adept

I think c4 is ruining the fights. It requires no skill.
    • Up x 1
  10. Robertooooo

I have really started to hate MAXes. It feels like all they do is creating boring stalemates that cannot be countered by anything other than a MAX crash. And those situations are just plain boring.
  11. muoni

MAXES SAVE THE GAME!! THEY ARE IMPORTANT.. who needs skill when you can run around in a super armor suit with 10+ k/d .. who cares how the enemy feels.. infantry skills ?? you jump you run you point and shoot ?? yawn... YOU DONT EVEN NEED A KEYBOARD when your in a max.. its awesome!!! we need more MAXES!! MORE MAX CLASSES!! PRAISE THE MAXES!! this game should be called "MAXside" or "auraxiMAX" .. :D

I sugggest you put all your certs into max
    Nanites auto repair and acquisition timer and you'll have a max all day long. that will help you guys ;)

if you guys reallly want pure infantry fights try something like battlefold or call of doty :p .. i hope this was helpful :cool:
  12. muoni

MAXES SAVE THE GAME!! THEY ARE IMPORTANT.. who needs skill when you can run around in a super armor suit with 10+ k/d .. who cares how the enemy feels.. infantry skills ?? you jump you run you point and shoot ?? yawn... YOU DONT EVEN NEED A KEYBOARD when your in a max.. its awesome!!! we need more MAXES!! MORE MAX CLASSES!! PRAISE THE MAXES!! this game should be called "MAXside" or "auraxiMAX" .. :D

I sugggest you put all your certs into max
    Nanites auto repair and acquisition timer and you'll have a max all day long. that will help you guys ;)

if you guys reallly want pure infantry fights try something like battlefold or call of doty :p .. i hope this was helpful :cool:
  13. xboxerdude

Max haterz , have you heard of the conc grenade yet? I swear It's been posted before in this thread, cost 100 certs I believe and 45 infantry resources and allows you to kill a max .... Also posse if your turning a corner and you get gibbed by a max, the max had good positioning on you, maxes show up on radar use it. Instead of blaming something in game, why not try to improve yourself versus them and become smarter in game. Use the tools you have instead of the wine. There are more than enough ways to deal with maxes.

Was planetside made as a small scale shooter like COD or was it a planetary warfare MMO>? I believe it is a planetary MMO and part of the design the creators had is an exoskeleton. Now maybe you joined to play this game for different reasons (MLG PRO DA WIN LOTS OF MONEY AND NOT HAVE TO WORK CAUSE I SO PRO AT INFANTRY) . I joined it to play a planetary shooter MMO and not playing a PC FPS before this , I wanted to be as effective as I could. Max allows me to make an impact on the battle and sometimes a very large one.

Muoni, People don't show mercy in games, and I'm not about to stop enjoying myself going on these huge killstreaks (and in the process ending the silly infantry players killstreaks who think they are good)

Part of the reason I use a max is because of the EGOs of Mattherson and how I get to tickle em with the max

So in the end maxes are counterable, especially if you view this game as a whole (AIR,VEHICHLES, INFANTRY )

Oh and SOE is probably never going to remove maxes so you should probably get used to fighting them, maybe even become good at it.

The weak-minded need excuses to make themselves feel better about their failure.
    • Up x 2
  14. NoInstructions

"The weak-minded need excuses to make themselves feel better about their failure"

Could this quote be anymore fitting lol.
    • Up x 1
  15. xboxerdude

Who would it be fitting for?
  16. Ivalician

Not really, they don't. Not even on the same order of magnitude. Compared to infantry weapons, MAX weapons either have very tight cones of fire or massive aim assist ( likely the second ). No microadjustments to shift from bodyshots to headshots required either ( which is probably the epitome of reactionary ability ). Additionally, more likely to be repaired and revived than standard infantry.

AI MAXes flat out do not have enough disadvantages compared to standard infantry, nor are their playstyles different enough to warrant their effectiveness. Boiled down, AI MAXes are essentially infantry; the gameplay shift from being in a MAX compared to standard infantry isn't even as extreme as the gameplay shift from heavy assault to light assault. AI MAXes can be healed and rezzed. They use essentially the same weaponry ( a single super LMG or a single super shotgun, that's additionally stabilized so no effort required ) and can access or block off 99% of the area standard infantry can access. In fact, AI MAX combat is very much infantry combat training wheels since being in a MAX essentially negates 75% of what makes infantry combat brutal and difficult.

There is nothing about skillsuits from a gameplay standpoint or a balance standpoint that warrants their current effectiveness. But you tell me, why does an AI MAX need such an extreme amount of killing power? Why couldn't they be effective at their role simply by being large tanks with increased HP and diminished DPS? Why do they need the hunter killer capability they currently exhibit?
    • Up x 3
  17. MarkAntony

Well as I have been saying for some time. Maxes shouldn't be revivable. That way you can slowly whittle down and enemy max force.
    • Up x 1
  18. Dapiggy

I agree with the OP here, I started playing and LOVING planetside 2 because it was different from other FPS games and one of those differences are maxes. There are tons of just infantry games out there like Counter-Strike and even Battlefield 3 for some maps.

Sure I haven't really played this game for a long time, but the little time that I have played this game (compared to others here) has been a blast (literally a blast...some coming from MAXes).

Also even though you guys won't agree with me, for a "newer player" like myself I don't really see anything as OP, it seems like everything dies to something and nothing lives for that long except for those pesky mosquitos or liberators... i'd also like to add that for all you players that are "pro"@ infantry and complaining because a MAX tears you a new one, then i'm glad that something is able to kill you guys, unlike in 1.6 where when someone masters an ak or locations on a map or something and all you do is peep your head out and your dead, actually even through a damn wall your dead.

Basically MAXes gives "newbies" a chance to hang in there with the upper tier players is a plus for me and probably for all those that doesn't have time to become a pro at this game.
  19. lawn gnome

MAX suits are scary but they draw A LOT of attention (partly because they are very large targets and partly because people know they need to drop the MAX before anything else can be accomplished) and never really bothered me much, but i also primary as a heavy assault and just reach for my decimator when i see a MAX.

they can't be healed by medics and require an engineer actively repairing them. they have no major secondary tools to support either themselves or those around them and disengaging from a fight is at best difficult. no jump jets, no cloak, no healing or repair tool, no turret, no ammo pack, no grenades, and no high explosives. they are guns and armor, if they don't have support they drop quickly. lastly all of their weapons are very purpose built and generally bad for anything outside of their intended role. bursters are horrible for AI work and i don't know if they even hurt vehicles, AI guns don't do anything to vehicles, and AV weapons fire too slowly to be much use against infantry or aircraft.
  20. Haquim

Tell that last bit to the guys around me. They insist dual Pounder is the way to go for AI. Only need to hit the guy head on twice.
    In my experience dual Falcons are OHK, so those AV guns are actually dangerous for infantery.

Personally, except for NC shotgun MAXes I don't really care much.