Why aren't people using the tunnels

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Maniaboo, Feb 9, 2013.

1. }{ellKnight

I like them TBH. With an organized defense you could push back towards the SCU room and then go for the point. Beats having to redeploy to avoid the armor and air farm at the spawn room exit.
  2. BadHabitz

We wanted tunnels to fight in. Instead we got tunnels only defenders can use, when teleporters could've been used just as easily. Devs said it was an implementation of new tech. Let's hope it works well so we can get underground/mountain bases that would be amazing.
  3. FeiXue

Tunnels are not used because most people have tunnel vision.
    • Up x 1
  4. Jaloro

Because:

a) The majority of people don't know how to find the exit from a biolab without help, expecting them to find concealed tunnels is stretching the limits of their ability.

b) Of the few who accidently fell into them, some got so lost they are still down there stumbling around.

c) Of the few who made it to the end somewhere, they got fired at the velocity of a bullet into the underside of a tank. Unsurprisingly they were not keen to repeat the experience.

d) Of the really lucky ones that found a hole with no turret on they got gunned down like pop up targets at a fairground.

I try to be as positive as I can about things in this game but these tunnels were a real missed opportunity. Some of the decisions surrounding all of this is frankly baffling.

Completely missed the point of what players were after.
    • Up x 1
  5. Crashsplash

I was in a defence of a tech plant yesterday.

A few people only were using the tunnels. Around 20 people were in the spawn room shooting out of the doors. :/

Aside from the concept of the tunnels versus what we asked for and were expecting, the exits from the tunnels are of no/little help with the possible exception of the exit by the SCU in the Amp Station.

The tech station exits are poor unfortunately. The one going to the main building is in the vehicle bay, luckily most attackers don't know it's there because it's in an ideal place for a tank to st and camp it. The best placed one goes into the banana building, but what do you do from there? Go outside into the tank maelstrom?
  6. ArcKnight

look for stairs leading down
  7. khord

They're not very visible.
    Old dogs (albeit young old dogs), new tricks and all that.
  8. Maniaboo

OMG Whats up with people do you want big *** sign all oevr the place.

Maybe I'm just too oldschool.

What happened to learning where things are.

Part of the fun of a new game is learning the map/base. There shouldn't be HUD incicators showing where spawns , gens are. You should run round map and find where they are and remember them.

For instance I found an empty base , ran down every tunnel, mapped them out on a bit of paper. Used this few a few days . Now i rremember where they all are and know the quickest safest route to take.

If your runninf round by yourself , you gonna die lots whether its tunnels or just in general.

A whole squad heading down a tunnel to one point will easily over run whats at the end. Only the first person through will die to a mine. Thats part of the game, people sacrifice themselves for the TEAM .

First person through dies to mine, second throws disruption grenade. 4 5 6 7 8 9 kick *** and kill all nme TEAMWORK people.
    • Up x 2
  9. Prodigal

I second that, experienced the same thing. Even after calling on /re to go through the tunnels, people would still go outside and get tankspammed. I'm not sure if using the tunnels is such a complicated thing to understand.
  10. FeiXue

Wrong forums mate :)
  11. LordTankT9

Tunnels are a TRAP!
    [IMG]

You watched this back in a day, don't you?
    • Up x 1
  12. rayvon

I dont really know where they are or where they lead to and the only time i did find one i got fired out into a load of tanks after bouncing about inside it for ages like a pinball.
  13. Naturaliensammler

Its whack a mole with poorly layouted Quake 2 custom map tunnels.

Why not add several small rooms (a bit smaller than those ending in the Biolabs) and several teleporters. Every room gets a number on the map and the teleporter has this number above it. You end in the room and there is a shield in front of you which neither can shoot through (like the 2 generator powered ones). So you can actually go there... look how hard it is camped and go back and forth without getting shot into a room full of angry NC maxes currently camping all exits with their highskillweapons
  14. Ravenclaw

hint... mini map... you can figure out the rest
  15. Sexx

[IMG]

something like this is all they need.
    • Up x 1
  16. fastdak255

quit
    i using the tunnels due to always dieing to proximity mines the moment i fly thew the shield. i knew before the patch the tunnels were going to be useless due to this exact reason.
  17. IamSalvation

You get 15% more XP... just kill a few People and you get lot more XP from defending then you get for 15 Minutes Ghostcapping a 250XP Outpost...

@Topic: I use the Tunnels and i think they are a very good addition for the defenders. Yo can not only get to the Generators fast, but often the attackers park the Sundi at the wall jsut under the Tunnel Exit... go there es Engi, throw AT Mines on it, then jump down inside the base and rep the Gen! Double Win by Tunnel!
    • Up x 1