Why aren't people using the tunnels

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Maniaboo, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Maniaboo

Over the past week I have watched people running out of spawn rooms only to die numerous times to planes and tanks. I have seen bases lost because people were trying to run from spawn room to vehicle bay or gen. I have shouted on Orders channel loacl channel to use the TUNNELS to get to these places.

Yet I seemd to be the only one using them.

They are great , I have seen loads of oportunities missed.

Do people know they exist , or do people just blindly spawn and run out the first door they see?
  2. Crashsplash

Maybe people a) don't know they are there - they are not signposted Or b) don't know where they go to - ditto. Or c), Believe they are camped at the other end - foolish, just as many people camp the tunnel exits as use them, ie no one.
    • Up x 5
  3. Goden

Most of the tunnel exits are camped and/or claymored so you are insta-killed the moment you exit the tube. Also some of them take way too long to reach your destination and it's actually faster to walk sometimes.
  4. ddp

What tunnels? lol
    • Up x 11
  5. Doublefrost

I'll camp tunnel exits at the amp station SCU. Get some good kills that way.
    • Up x 1
  6. MaxDamage

I like to pretend they're not there. They remind me of idiotic fan-made quake maps I'd download that consisted of dumb **** like long boxy corridors and no grasp of map making whattasoever..
    • Up x 2
  7. Fox234

1) They're not adequately marked and 2) They're claustrophobic and confusing to navigate.

The tunnels were grade A lazy. SOE should of made basements that contained the SCU and access points to various points of the base. The problem they're trying to fix isn't going to be fixed by broken PS1 zip lines.
    • Up x 1
  8. Undeadfred

Tunnels are a calculated risk, and most people can't do math.
    • Up x 8
  9. PandoraAce

Now THAT would be terrible, I can imagine the stale camping happening in those corridors, both sides just spamming nades and rockets to the other end like no tomorrow, and no matter how many flanking tunnels you made it would be the same at every corner. We already saw that in battlefield 3 Metro, no thanks.

As for why I don't use the tunnels - I've yet to find one.
    • Up x 1
  10. Zan_Aus

Because most people have the dumb.
    • Up x 1
  11. Vreki

Exactly. What tunnels? Cant say I have noticed them.
    And I suspect that goes for the majority of the players.
    • Up x 3
  12. DJPenguin

throwing mines next to tunnel exits generates some laughs. especially if it's a MAX.
  13. chrollo

no one knows where tunnels are cause no one defends and they are only usable by defenders
    • Up x 3
  14. Fox234

Then don't go for the SCU? Its kinda meant to be hard to sack. Also you mentioned an underlying problem with PS2 itself and not the idea I mentioned. Nade spam has been a blight on PS2 since beta and SOE has yet to fix it. Also hate to break this to you but the Interlink facilities are starting to look like indoor bases.
  15. OldMaster

I still haven't seen that tunnels :|
  16. Goden

Tech and AMP stations. In spawn house opposite the terminals.
  17. Meecrobius

Of course, why defend when there is absolutely no reward for defending?
    • Up x 2
  18. Gammit

I think it's a combination of not knowing they are there yet and/or forgetting about them because they're so new, and navigating them is difficult when trying to decide when choosing a turn while looking at the mini-map. At first, I would choose to continue straight in the tunnel expecting to get closer to the base only to discover that the tunnel well-overshot the base and turning would have been a better option.

Perhaps marking the exit point on the mini-map when you're in the tunnel would be helpful.
  19. Hoki

Wall exits are the best, but you want to coordinate with your squad which one to use. They're usually camped by 1 person, if you storm with your squad you will take back that wall, and then start rolling up their flanks like a carpet.
  20. Maniaboo

I dont see camping exit and clay mores an issue at the end except if you are going 1 by 1 through them . They would be great for some old fashioned max crashes into the GEN SCU etc. An organised squad should have no issues .
    • Up x 1