Why aren't people using the tunnels

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Maniaboo, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Aisar

I have no idea how to get into the tunnels and I have not set foot in them yet.
  2. Nacasatu

Same, have never seen an entrance to a tunnel.
  3. Sifer2

Maybe they need to add big comical Team Fortress 2 style signs saying "Tunnel to Capture Point B".

But really even if you do know where they are they don't seem very effective. Pretty easy to camp so doesn't solve much. The map design while improved some in the update has a long ways to go.
  4. Cl1mh4224rd

I think grenade spam was even worse in the original game. I distinctly remember loading up on as many grenades as possible during base defenses and attacks and tossing plasma grenade after plasma grenade down crowded halls or into crowded rooms.

Grenades in PS1 also exploded on contact, so there was less chance of a bad bounce off an enemy player.

In the Amp Station and Tech Plant spawn rooms, there's a ramp at the back that leads down into the tunnels. They're actually pretty difficult to spot from the spawn tubes.

I think it would have been better if they had placed the ramp in the center of the spawn room.
  5. Brickwalker

I always assumed they'd be death traps
  6. Autarkis

It seems like they added the tunnels to prevent defenders from being beaten back to and camped in their spawn room. To that extent, they work. Unfortunately, if the circumstances have gotten to a point where you need the tunnels then you're likely losing the base anyway - making them pretty pointless.

I'd like to see them add elements that make defense more robust - not elements that let you evacuate the women and children once the enemy breaches and overruns.
  7. Wasdie

I don't think people know they exist really.
  8. Dubious

Not been in-game, but I saw Hamma's video and tunnels are confusing and stupid

1. NO sign pointing to the tunnel

2. NO sign down the tunnel, showing where each tunnel leads too

3. Vertical Exit... How stupid can you be to design this ****?
    Could have saved a lot of time by just putting in teleporters, cause thats better than vertical death-traps
  9. Zotamedu

Some signs would be really neat.
  10. Phyr

The only tunnel that gets camped is the SCU exit.
  11. yogafire

I knew they added tunnels but I have never actually found them. They sound pretty stupid though. Any kind of thing like this needs to deal of course with huge amounts of people so a tunnel is just suicide
    Yeah they need some open underground areas and a network that leads everywhere so its a battle area worth taking.
  12. Xind

They're not what I wanted. I drop into Sonic the hedgehog theme songs whenever I try to use them. I was hoping for a tight quarters combat zone instead of a semi rapid response deployment area...but enemies can't even enter them. *shrug* They're nfity, but they don't add very much aside from the one that goes to the SCU room in the Tech Plant. That specific tunnel seems pretty neat.
  13. voldoman

People use them, I get mad kills from prox mines I place at the exits :D
  14. Fox234

True but nades in PS1 didn't insta gib. Frag nades just hurt, plasma nades added a dot that sucked and jammers didn't do anything except disable electronics. Mostly you used nades in PS1 to flush people out of cover and to break through defenses.
  15. MarlboroMan-E

I use em all the time.
  16. Deathrus

perfect for max crashing.

We've taken back bases with 30+ maxes crashing threw the tunnels.
    • Up x 1
  17. Dubious

1 turret to rule them all
  18. Jadith

Yeah, i found the tunnels confusing at first. I was all like 'Which path do I take??' By some strange fluke, I happened to turn my head at that moment, and discovered a kind of smallish map, sort of like a map, but a 'mini' version, if you will. not sure when they added that to the game, but navigating tunnels is a simple task, now that I know where to look.
  19. Dubious

more would use the tunnel if the Exit were a slope, just like the entry, with a spawn room shield
    as it is, its a death-trap and even exploitable by placing a turret on top
  20. MaxDamage

Which seat can I take?
    • Up x 1