Why are LA's inaccurate while jetting?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Kriegson, Apr 10, 2014.

1. PastalavistaBB

Exactly what I have done with my outfit m8 all the time over the summer days and nights. Lock down the Cap room. Even if there are 200+ enemies with dozens of tanks and Air outside, it doesn't matter.
    • Up x 1
  2. Iridar51

This also can be seen in my LA Irony video at 4:51
    Watch here
    • Up x 1
  3. reydelchicken

+1 for being able to fire more accurately and ADS in the air as LA.

With the downside of a significantly higer CoF bloom than when standing down, making controlled burst fire necessary.
  4. Emotitron

Or better, give LAs cert trees so they can either go for faster jets or more accurate aim while flying.
  5. Kriegson

Faster jets potentially cause netcode issues making players not sync up properly and resulting in "Wtf?!?" moments.

Unless they fixed it. I'm all for better jets though.
  6. TheBlazing

Why not? Maybe add high-precision jump jets that provide a smaller boost and recharge slower but allow you to maintain full accuracy if you are using a carabine.
  7. Snicklefritzll

IMO, It would be cool to see accuracy be better maintained while you hover up, but you lose accuracy falling down.

I mean, youre flying up and further away from the target. You'll still have bloom to worry about
    And falling.... well you're falling anyways, no need for changes there.
  8. PastalavistaBB

LAs will never have movement speed and accuracy even resembling to Tribes Ascend. It would've been kinda cool though.
  9. Sandpants

Your enemies are even less experienced?

Cos biolabl buildings are the most obvious ones.
  10. Emotitron

ESFs move quite a bit faster and have no problem being tracked by dudes with firearms. Not sure that is really a serious issue. I shoot dudes out of the sky with my nosegun as they fall after ejecting from aircraft as well. I suspect they only don't have faster jetpacks because they have never explored the possibilities of cert trees for class items.
  11. Kriegson

Rubbish, "They don't have faster packs because they haven't explored cert trees"? really now. They HAD icarus jump packs and it didn't require a tree.

I myself have suggested the idea of a pack that allows very brief but rapid "Thrust" in a direction allowing you to "Dash" in a direction, with higher levels having more "Dashes" to chain together. But I assume this would cause far more problems than it would be worth.
  12. OldMaster80

I agree 100%. Now I do not expect to be able snipe when I'm jetpacking but the fact I'm almost completely unaccurate doesn't make any sense. The accuracy penalty must remain but it must be tweaked.

And this is even more evident and stupid if we think to drifters skating ability: we're not particularly fast when skating around, nevertheless the accuracy penalty is such that we can barely hit someone with a shotgun at point blank range. This makes Driters useless beside bombing the enemy with C4. We could be the fastest on-ground class.
    • Up x 1
  13. Kriegson

Seriously drifting and shooting would be pretty boss. Not especially powerful or anything in specific, but just really fun to do :D
  14. Corezer

I'm sure Uhlan could write that book with all the time he spends not playing LA...
  15. Corezer

also, OP, already thought of.

16. Pineapple Pizza!

Is there some reason why the devs would implement netcode that can barely handle movement? I know there's an issue with the sheer scale of planetside 2, but are there simply no other options, even those that require extra prediction from the player (a la Quake 3 vanilla / OSP)?

The only legitimate grievance that could come out of jetting light-assaults being able to ADS and accurately hit targets at close-to-mid range are drifters with pumps flying around corners and instagibbing 1 or 2 people before rendering...which is a netcode issue.
  17. Tcsisek

1: it is an assault trooper (light assault)
    2: the LA is a great class until you are shot at while flying. you have no ability to fight back unless at point blank range with it. al the light assault people want is the ability to have maybe 75%-50% of you're accuracy to stay and so you can aim and fight at mid range without being annihilated the balance factor would be to shoot effectively you would need to aim down sights while flying or get a smg and sacrifice you're mid range effectiveness even when on the ground.
  18. Xocolatl

Hearing about people having situational awareness on US server makes me really, really jealous. I'm stuck on Briggs, and I still gain positional advantage as LA all the time--so much so that even if I want to change to a different class, I could never give up that crutch.

I never really thought about the aiming penalty as a bad thing though. I mean, yeah, it's kinda weird at first, but I have learned to live with it, and I think it is fairly balance. Maybe they could consider reducing the penalty for PISTOLS. That will keep it nice and balance still.