Which VS LMG would you recommend i get?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by IamDH, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Bl4ckVoid

What do you hate about the Pulsar? The Flare has huge recoil and lower ROF - I was much worse with it than the Pulsar.
  2. Lafladitu

hehe the Lasher is a must have for all VS Heavy's, it is the most fun weapon in the entire game. It has a high skill cap both for CQC and Longrage engagement *leading target over 200m*. CQC is very hard to do in the begining but once you get the hang of the weapon you will rak up kills, and you have a better chance to survive. Max units is best to engage at 40+ meters. cause you will be their prime target if they notice the disco balls :)

Conc grenades will be your best friend in CQC :p

I'd suggest you to trial it out first. or go to the pts server and test it out against other players :)
  3. Brainkrieg

Honestly I dont find the recoil to be a problem. SP ammo makes up for lower rof. I guess the Pulsar is the way to go if you dont have a lot of certs to spend.

Overall I'd say the Flare is my 4th favorite VS lmg.
  4. VoidMagic

Since you have the Orion already... SVA-88. It's such a solid weapon, really it is. Orion for free is SOE's apology to all VS for Planetside 1 and the Lasher in general... lol.

Also... gotta say the reason most more salty VS love the SVA-88 is because it's nice to be able to engage at distance. CQC your either carrying a shotgun or hang the f back behind someone that is and while your hanging back... guess what gun gives you better accuracy...
  5. Ttariel

Yeahstick to stock for now, its one of the best LMGs in the game right now.
  6. SinerAthin

Orion for close range.

Ursa for long range.

Only pick the SVA-88 up if you have trouble with the smaller mag of the Orion.
  7. Odin

I don't get why any vs would use anything but the best lmg in game (orion)?
    Burst it at longer ranges and it still does more damage then slow firing weapons...headscracher
  8. vanu123

It is great at CQC but at longer ranges TR and NC with the god saw have the advantage.
  9. vanu123

My personal opinion is that:
    CQC: Orion laser sight
    Long range: There is debate but I prefer the Flare with soft point (might have been removed) laser sight and a 2x. This gun is for longer ranges but I was able to do well in CQC because 167 damage with headshots is AWESOME.
    Ursa, Polaris, SVa88 (copy of orion) are other good options.
  10. Bl4ckVoid

No 2x scope.
  11. Posse

Orion with iron sights ftw
  12. Adeon

13. Hypersonic

14. Odin

being able to outdps anything the nc has up to 40 metres is golden imho, just learn trigger discipline at range or use something else for long range fights.