Which VS LMG would you recommend i get?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by IamDH, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Nocturn0l

Go for the Ursa, it's a beast with super low recoil and has a higher damage per mag than the NS-15, exactly what long range LMGs need
  2. IamDH

Close range mainly. Yes to 1v1s. Looking for a good general weapon that excels mainly in CQC and still holds its own at med range. Long range isnt really needed

I feel that the orion is weak. Sometimes i really love the weapon but other times i really hate it. I also feel its very limited to certain scenarios

I like the NC LMGs. So something along those lines would be perfect.

The general reply seems to be SVA-88 so im definitely going to try that out
  3. IamDH

I felt that this gun was weak and took too long to kill someone in a 1v1 battle.
    I seemed to perform better with a polaris than with an orion. Rather odd
    If memory serves me correctly, the polaris was very easy to handle
  4. Erendil

This is a tough one since the Orion is the best 1v1 CQC LMG the VS have but you feel that it's weak..

You want something that excels in CQC with a little med range thrown in, but you want something that's like an NC LMG, which aren't that great in CQC.

The second best VS LMG for CQC work is the SVA-88, but it doesn't feel like an NC weapon. Compared to the Orion you get 25 more rounds, a little more range, and access to the compensator, 2x reflex, 6x scope, and HV ammo. In exchange you lose 52RPM, lose the flash suppressor, and have a bigger hipfire CoF (as of PU02).

The Flare is also decent in CQC if you go for headshots and use soft ammo. It feels more like an NC weapon (167 damage, higher recoil per shot, more ADS accuracy than the Orion or SVA-88). It has longer range than either the Orion or SVA, and gives you access to just about every non-advanced attachment out there (2x reflex, both ammo types, 6x scope, comp, flash suppressor, etc). You don't get the .75x ADS movement multiplier though, and your hipfire CoF is slightly worse than even the SVA.

I'd at least test both the Flare and SVA-88 in VR to see if they feel right to you. If you like them both, then I'd go with the SVA-88 since it's the better CQC option.
  5. LonelyTerran

Well the Orion is the best Lmg in game so stick with it.
  6. Posse

fixed
  7. Albions_Angel

Lot of people saying dont get the flare. I run with the flare and it does me very very well. Its all about your play style. Give the flare a chance. I found it a lot easier to control than the Ursa. It also has a slightly higher fire rate if you tend to go down quickly. This means that while I believe you do less over all damage, in firefights where you keep going down, you will be more useful with the flare than the Ursa. The fire modes are nice too. Personally I got the x2 holo sight (dispite the display error that holo sights have), soft point and a compensator. I can therefore keep sustained, accurate damage that will drop a lot of stuff and even make a max think twice. I just didnt get on with the Ursa, too slow for me.
  8. Goden

I have Auraxium on my Flare and I've been saving for the Ursa and from what I've seen of it via VR tests and trials I can say the Ursa handles better than the Flare. Doesn't hit as hard but the Flare's CoF opens up real wide after a few shots.

If you're good at aiming for the head at medium/short range though then the Flare is a beast.
  9. iwbs

Give Polaris a try.
    IMO it is a great med-long range weapon given its excellent accuracy and 100 mag size. I actually perform better with it than Orion at all range(yes, even short).
    • Up x 1
  10. CBCronin

Medium to long, I use a a Flare. When I assault, Orion or a Lash (depends if I want to take a point personally or support it).

Just came back to the game after almost a year, luckily this line up still works great.
    • Up x 1
  11. Metallic123

Your a poleiver too?
  12. Sendan

Lasher, lasersight and vho 2x (non blocking ADS view) or NV (if you want to ignore the smokescreens and weaponeffects).
    once you mastered the Lasher in how to use and when to pull overshield lasher is a beast and if you encounter max'es the lasher is the hardest hitting infantry weapon against max suits due to high impact and splash dmg on a resistance type thats mostly not certed by the max ;)
    • Up x 1
  13. VoidMagic

Orion or the SVA-88.
    Orion may actually be better, but, ya can't pimporize it, so ... eventually
    you need the 88 to get yer certs off. lol
    also the 88 gives you the ability to reach out and kill someone that
    the orion doesn't have.

THE LASHER... lol... did they buff the disco queen?
  14. ZEPLN

I lean towards the SVA-88 for impressive sustained shoulder-fire accuracy and a decent fire rate. Couple that with High-Velocity and you have yourself one mean long-range weapon.

Honestly though, just trial them! They're all built for certain situations and suitable for certain play-styles. Find the one that matches up with how you roll HA.
  15. Ronin Oni

Orion :p

SVA-88 (2x, foregrip, flash sup) is my only other LMG and I pair it with Lancer for when I'm at longer ranges
    • Up x 1
  16. VoidMagic

pimporization complete... see... No matter how awesometastic the Orion is in close quarters... ya just can't argue with

SWAGBLINGBLINGBLINGSWAGYOLO

plus it's good to give em a handycap sometimes.
  17. Ronin Oni

Orion got hit hard on the hip-fire and .75 move nerfs as well though.

Gotta love it's reload speed though.
  18. VoidMagic

thx4info... didn't even notice... my SVA never leaves my hands unless Im fyling.
  19. Bl4ckVoid

LSW Pulsar
    Almost the same as SVA, has flash supressor, easier recoil. Only drawback is the ADS speed.
  20. Brainkrieg

I hate both the Pulsar and Polaris. All other lmg's are really good for specific situations.

I do believe the Flare to be the best lmg (so not counting lasher) for bio lab situations. Put soft point and extended mags on there and you can throw deadly plasma down the corridors for days.