Which shield is better for HA?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Kylesal18, Jan 24, 2013.

1. KnightCole

adrenline shield is probably expensive because you could theoretically keep it up indefinitely, or certainly longer then other shields. Get in a firefight and get a kill with it on, up it goes, toss in a nade and kill someone, up it goes again. Sure, you might die eventually, but it sounds like it could last for quite awhile given a good opportunity.
  2. dr_Fell

I agree. You are getting fast regen during taking fire and with shield turned on. No other shield gives that.
  3. DemoEvolved

Adrenaline creates bad habits, like charging a position for kills when you should do a feint.
    Resist has highest durability when you must take damage --> Biolab.
    NMG gives you the best shield to react with when you are getting flanked, but the recharge bonus is pretty weaksauce.

I went hard on Resist for a while, but to see the benefit you have to give away your position with early activation. This invites bullets.
    I went back to NMG.
    • Up x 1
  4. Kastrenzo

they're all decent, it just depends on what YOU Want.

I never found the NMG useful, the Resist shield however was, and I've dubbed it the NC tear extractor since I'm constantly called a "HP Hacker" when their ridiculous gauss saw fails to kill me in 2-3 shots, and I mow them down with Carv, TMG, whatever
  5. Bill Hicks

Good point. I tend to get shot at when I begin to assault. Also with the gauss saw I tend to be at range and activating resist gives me away before I can get some choice headshots.
  6. ExarRazor

i like how nobody seems to know how the adren shield ACTUALLY works

in every aspect except ONE, it functions EXACTLY like the NMG, including the slow auto-recharge. thats right, you DONT need to get kills for it to recharge. getting kills simply helps adren shield to regen faster. without getting kills, it regenerates at exactly the same rate as the NMG.