Which shield is better for HA?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Kylesal18, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Kylesal18

Right now there are 3 choices for the shield slot. Which one is better and why?
    If needed I play as NC.

Thanks!
  2. FlayvorOfEvil

The default shield is the best.
    • Up x 1
  3. altonyc

LevelCap did a Heavy Assault cert guide, and goes into detail between the default (NMG) shield and the resist shield.

• Up x 4
  4. KnightCole

Hmm, that video pretty much sells me on the resist shield now, its exactly what I was looking for. Saves you a fair bit oif health. NMG, yeah, that bit about how its lower and it does less, I figured it did, explains why sometimes it just didnt do a damn thing. Resist shield it will be.

EM6, x2 optic, Laser and Resist shield, that is my next set of unlocks
  5. Kylesal18

Thanks everyone! This is exactly what I wanted to know. Going Resist shield then.

Kyle
  6. Zerlu

Resist shield. Pulse it as needed, do NOT just set it and forget it.
  7. Fraya

If you get flanked and ambushed frequently then NMG is good because you can use it in a reactive circumstance like base defense.. if you more often are rushing in and attacking then resist shield before every door breach and profit.
    • Up x 1
  8. CBCronin

Most importantly: If you like using a shield to absorb fall damage (which I do regularly), don't go with the resist. Haven't tested the resist to see if it has no effect, but I did test between it and the NMG; the NMG won hands down.
  9. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Shield Comparison
    I think it was by Megawatt?
    Anyways, there's no perfect shield. Resist makes you the toughest, and has the highest uptime, but it doesn't protect against snipers, and if no medic is around, the high uptime is countered by you being low on life; It's only superior when you're topped off.
    Great Synergy with Flak Armor, though.
    Also, Resist Shield has to be activated proactive, it's weaker if you activate it only when you took damage.
    If you're a particularly good shot that doesn't suffer from 20 frames every fight, Adrenaline will be your best bet.
    I got it to level 5 and it's awesome. In the 10% of fights where I get above 20 frames, that is.^^
    • Up x 1
  10. Istrebljivach

If you turn it on before you took any damge, resist is better. Otherwise, default is better.

Adrenaline is for PRO RAMBOS :)
    • Up x 1
  11. Vokker

Which SHIELD makes you MOVE faster than a "light Assualt"?

Some claim that it is the Adrenaline Shield.
  12. altonyc

To my knowledge, there is no such shield. The HA shields have no effect on movement speed.
  13. JohnnyMaverik

Actually both the Resist and NMG make you move slower, duno about Adrenaline.
    • Up x 4
  14. Unnoan

They all make you move slower. In my opinion the Adrenaline shield is hands down the best shield. Resist shield is only good if it is on during every time you are shot. This is not the case for adrenaline shield which can be used mid fight. Also with Resist shield you are always lit up and easy to spot, again not the case for adrenaline.

Other bonuses:
    Works on fall damage
    Works against head shots
    Faster than the NMG when both are maxed
    Less use means faster movement

Resist shield is only good when running around with medics healing you and during large base assaults. In almost every other situation Adrenaline is probably better.
  15. altonyc

Didn't know that, thanks for the heads up!
  16. dr_Fell

It depends on Your gameplay. But if You want to develop Yourself and hope to be better and better, and some day better than most of Your enemies - then You will get most profits from adrenaline. It gives bonus exactly when You need it. It gives You bonus for being good, making You even better. Maxed out will give You 100% regeneration with 4 kills, even during taking fire.
  17. Hawkins

Honestly, with the super slow recharge rate of the NMG you are better off with the Adrenaline Shield especially if you run a Shotgun build or basicly any CQC Setup that makes you kill enemies fast.

The bad thing with this shield is the (unreasonably high) Cert Cost tho. Otherwise for me as a "average" Player it is far superior to the NMG since it gives burst recharge. You kill an enemy and instantly gain 25% Adrenaline Shield again. With the NMG you would have to wait several seconds. In a combat situation this often means life or death.
    I have no idea why this shield is SO expensive, it costs 2250 Certs to max, more than maxing both NMG and Resist Shield together and it sure isn't twice as good as the other ones. Maybe the next patch will decrease the cost. 2250 is just absurd compared to the other shields.

Im not a big fan of the Resist shield anymore. I used it for quite a while(over a month at least) and while it is nice when you get the jump on the enemy it gets me killed when the enemy fires at me first, unlike with the NMG or Adrenaline that you can pop at any time and it offers you protection, giving you time to kill the enemy.
  18. Vinyasa

Resist for me.

I just can't get over the high up time vs. nmg/adrenal.
    Esp considering you lose mitigation with NMG/adrenal the longer its active.

Also feels like it does about the same keeping me alive vs. NMG/Adrenal even if i get it on after I've already got shot 2x. (edit: actually the math in the table linked above backs this up, getting shot 2x and then turning resist on makes resist grant about 600ehp, same as what full average NMG/Adrenal grant)

If I'm 3 or 4 bullets behind the fight is over either way and I've lost.

Just wish they would fix the cert bug so it actually lasts 10s instead of 6.
  19. IMTasty

If you are playing with medics around then resist shield. If you're running more on your own or simply does not have medics around, then adrenaline. Only sucky thing with adrenaline is the insane cert cost, I don't even get why it's so high compared to the others.
  20. MaxDamage

If you can kill things, go adrenaline. Fastest regen, expensive for a reason.