Where do people stand on "Infantryside".

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DorianOmega, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Leondre

Infantry is all I do now, but the current MaxSide 2 is making infantry play impossible to enjoy. The game would simply be infinitely more enjoyable without them altogether. Vehicles on the other hand don't really bother me too much.
    • Up x 1
  2. Govedo13

Because infantry stuff is already in the game. Adding additional new gun that is around 95% copycated of something else already done takes only few hours time and can be sold for the same amount of money like vehicle gun.
    In order to sale new vehicle gun devs need to create more vehicles first, none would buy halberd with 10 % less dmg but with 10% less reload and 5% less drop for example.

In order to sale their useless fail duster gun they ruined the property balanced and good working Zepher because the devs didn't invested time( read paid hours or money) to come up with something useful and new.

This game is sinking ship ran by skeleton crew that tries to monetarise whatever potential is left hence infantryside.
    • Up x 5
  3. LT_Latency

It's not infantry side. If you can't kill more people in a vehicle you are doing something horrible horrible wrong.

Plus just before you blow up you can jump out.Everything you did before that was pure bonus now you are equal to an infantry unit.

The RPG nerfs are for infantry fighting infantry. Not sure how you can say this effects vehicles.
    • Up x 2
  4. Captain Kid

No ****. I just left Hossin because of that. The bases are even WORSE then the bases on other continents.
    Or at least the bases on the top left of the map.

Shells everywhere, the only safe places are in some areas inside buildings at least 10 meters from the door.
    • Up x 1
  5. cruczi

Ehh. I find Hossin's bases to be fine in terms of cover from tank shells. Certainly far better than almost all bases on Indar and Amerish. Visibility on Hossin is poor, and many bases have multiple levels, some even have the base floor elevated from the ground level away from vehicles' LOS
    • Up x 1
  6. kirinohana

The resource revamp on test, is actually heavily infantry penalizing. You no longer have a inventory for consumables therefore using them is arguably a waste since they tend to be a lower force multiplier then vehicles. I mean really who will lay down 2 AP mines when they cost almost a much as a sundie? So yes limiting or lessening consumables will greatly nerf infantry, I do not see it switching to a focus on infantry at all, its Farmside not Infantryside
    • Up x 4
  7. Cinnamon

I really hope that they make some major changes to hossin before it leaves early access status. It's got a lot of promise but the openness to air and things like PPA is a big strike against it. Along with the fog and meatgrinder/chokepoint design that comes up too much.
    • Up x 3
  8. Captain Kid

Well not the left top half of the map! Very small bases without walls surrounded by hills (which magriders can climb) with some buildings scattered around.
    Seriously it was a massacre. Friendlies standing next to me inside a building who just survived the barrage moving from another building to this one. And the one before that. But the buildings are so small the only safe place is a tiny spot in the middle.
    These VS must have made a TON of certs with the double xp weekend and all since the fight lasted for half an hour.
  9. Iridar51

People really should stop dividing the playerbase into infantry, tanks and air. There is no infantryside or tankside. We're all soldiers on a battlefield. When you pull a tank, you do not transform into a tank, you simply gain an asset.

The vast amount of certs required to enjoy all three components should not be a deciding factor, e.g., "my all certs are in tanks, hence I should play only tanks, which means I belong to the group of tankers"; if you do it with other people, even uncerted vehicle/infantry unit is good.

People who stick to only one playstyle just rob themselves of the experience that is PS2. A worthy soldier masters and uses all three aspects. Sometimes soldiers must use tanks, other times - they can go in personally.

There is only one right way of playing PS2: in an outfit platoon with voice comms, that uses tanks, air or infantry when situation calls for it. This is the best way of getting things done in an efficient way, and having the most fun. The only problem is, PS2 does a very poor job of enforcing this playstyle.
    • Up x 3
  10. Yuukikun

I don't see why you think of hossin as a shift towards infantry, it's by far the best continent for dogfighting imo.
  11. KnightCole

Yeah, this game has leaned so heavily towards infantryside 2 that I literally drilled an unshielded HA square in the chest with my Shrike today and didnt kill him....true story.

I think its stupid how muhc vehicles have been nerfed. I hate dying to vehicles, or just dying in general as much as the next person, but half the fun is learning how NOT to die, rather then QQ about you died.....says the one QQ about Liberators all the time....but anyway.

And did the Liberator change make most the Airgame obsolete? I have noticed a significant decrease in airpower in the last few days. It used to be Liberator, Liberator, Liberator, Liberator, Liberator, Liberator, after fother muckin Liberator backed up 21 3/4 squadrons of Trollpodding ESF.....cant say im upset about this new arrangement. We can once again actually step outside a base and not have meteor crater created everytime the airpower lights up.
  12. Scr1nRusher

It(Infantryside) along with Forumside.

is slowly corroding the game.

and in the end when all air and vehicles are nerfed.... then the infantry will get nerfed.

then no one will enjoy or play the game.

the HA shield thing higby want to do is a sign that the beast that created infantryside is going to destroy infantryside and the game itself over time.
  13. Talthos

There is no "Infantryside"; only Planetside. But for some reason, people seem to think that there's an "Infantryside" in Planetside, and these people are "screaming" rather loudly at non-existent "injustices" they think is being inflicted on their "Open World Battlefield".

I swear, people love to judge without actually understanding, first. And even if evidence discredits the "Infantryside" concept, they scream anyway; they don't accept "I'm wrong" as a conclusion.

/facepalm
    • Up x 1
  14. Freedom Fries

My only issue with infantry my inability to effectively defend my Ap lightning from heavy assaults. And I'm not talking about the ones playing smart that stick to buildings and rock formations. I'm talking about the ones that suicide charge you out into an open field zigzagging bunny hopping while firing rockets.

In my opinion, they need to give lightnings a kobalt so they're not so vulnerable.
  15. KnightCole

I think all tanks should have a Kobalt Coaxial given to the Driver lol. I would be fine with just an ES LMG strapped to the Coax position. 50 rounds in the Coax, 3 mags on backup, upgradable ammo cap..
    • Up x 5
  16. Talthos

...What?

First off, why are you trying to engage infantry with AP ROUNDS???

Second, ever heard of "tactical retreats"? Seriously, it's not hard to "back up and run", you know.
  17. Freedom Fries

I don't attack infantry with ap rounds. I try to fend them off as I retreat.

Backing up speed is slow enough that you'll still take a fair number of hits,and turning around reveals your weaker sides and takes too long. Wether I barrel past them or attempt to turn around, any half decent player will get a rear shot. And it's near impossible to accurately run over infantry thanks to hit detection,and even if you manage to hit their invisible center, they can just leap over you.

It honestly sounds like you don't pilot lightnings much.

Frankly,it's just dumb that a single heavy assault can chase off a lightning so easily. Giving a co axel kobalt to the lightning will enable to to defend itself without increasing its offensive output by much.
    • Up x 4
  18. Morchai

I guess it proves Planetside is a gem, or at least a twenty-sided dice. It has so many sides! Planetside, Indarside, Hossinside, Infantryside, Farmside, Forumside, Liberatorside ...
    • Up x 6
  19. Talthos

Your argument is so weak, I'm not even going to pursue it further with you...

And for the record, I pilot Lightnings. A LOT. Practically all the time whenever I play. And I do well at it.
    • Up x 1
  20. Freedom Fries

How is it weak? You seem to make a lot of assumptions based on no evidence.

I also pilot lightnings a lot,and I do quite well myself.
    • Up x 2