Where did these certs come from?!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ProfGiggles, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Kedyn

Yeah, I got my certs.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. KNFr-Rhe7oric

61k? That's insane.
  3. Emerald11

One of my Outfit mates found this statement from Matt Highby.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/some-notes-on-todays-cert-grants.114869/

For me now it's clear from where my extra certs are:
    "Additionally, if you purchased an individual item, and later a bundle that contained that individual item, we granted cert points at the same rate for the price of the items purchased from that bundle - this was an error in the logic that was used to collect the cert grants, so those of you who benefitted from this get an extra bonus."

I had bought some bundles with items I had before.
  4. BiggLou55

So far I have earned 13,864 certs through playing... I have friends in my outfit who have gotten more just through this "grant" than I have earned the ENTIRE time I have been playing (as total of 16 days, 2 hours and 8 minutes)... Even those that received between 3,000-10,000 Certs... Hell... 1,000 certs represents just over 1 day (24 hours) of actual in-game play time for me... And people are receiving thousands of Certs because they purchased duplicate weapons on other servers? ROFL... What a friggin joke...

Sorry SOE.. I'm usually on your side with patches and balancing (aka nerfs), and I also understand that you need to make money. This time I am not... I'm also usually not here on the "official" forums whining and complaining, but I can't help feeling ripped off at this point... I have Alpha Squad and a 1 year premium membership, and, with the way I feel at this moment, I wish there was a way for me to get a refund the membership I purchased... Even if I had received a Cert Grant, I still disagree with what you have done... You've allowed the conversion of real money into massive amounts of Certs...

The least you can do is allow everyone to return purchases made with SC for Certs (made prior to the realease of the VR Training Zone), since some of the weapons you released prior to VR I purchased and wish I didn't because they sucked. That's essentially what you've done here by giving refunds for purchases before a feature was implemented...

Basically you have made a lot of people happy and pissed a lot of people off with this move. We are talking REAL money and REAL time here, not some nerf to a weapon or vehicle. People have a legitimate reason to be upset.
    • Up x 1
  5. Phrygen

6. PS2Freak