Where did these certs come from?!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ProfGiggles, Apr 10, 2013.

1. KNFr-Rhe7oric

3 decked out toons on all 3 factions on 3 different servers? Oh hell yes.
  2. gunfox

Essentially, you bought half a month worth of ingame(!) time at the average 5000xp/hr rate with money. Congratz to all the winners. I've had it with this beta game.

Tho those who got 20k Certs and more: That's just a dollar-bought Battlerank 60+. No big deal.

27k on 3 chars? That's about BR64 on every toon. A month of ingame playtime on everyone.

I'm uninstalling now. The game went pay2win. You suck, SOE.
    • Up x 2
  3. CHDT65

This certs thing looks like some kind of loto.
    Unhappily, I didn't win :-(
    I was really hoping for something about all the mistakes done before the training room.
  4. RobotCriminal

Its for multiple/duplicate items, but I have a feeling it might have counted NS weapons or something?

I ended up with like 5k on my characters, not that I'm complaining.
  5. DurandaI

6. Rolfski

The Pay to Win whining was to be expected. As much as I can appreciate the free certs and the mistakes they have made in our favour, refunding in SC would probably have been a wiser choice.
    • Up x 3
  7. Tamas

I got 19-21 k certs per char (not fully decked) - ****** my MBT and all infantry
  8. Zakuak

Hey cool, I should have a nice pile on my character then when I log in!
  9. LucidLisa

This makes no sense to me any more. I have a k/d of 0.5. So I die a lot. And I didnt mind. But now, every time someone kills me, I have to ask myself how much he has won in this lottery. And if he would have still killed me less certed.
  10. JonboyX

I think you've made a mistake then, because there are a lot of players who haven't done this who have had a massive cert bonus.

Plus; how can you justify exchanging SC for Certs when the latter were the only thing to be held sacred from the Paying player!? Should have refunded the SC.
    • Up x 1
  11. Kedyn

I did not receive any extra certification points, but have bought a significant amount of duplicate weapons in the past. Were some accounts overlooked? Support reached out to me about 4-5 days ago to see about the grand, but they wanted me online for it. Do I have to wait for them to do it directly?
  12. KNFr-Rhe7oric

I think it all depends on when you bought them. Most of the stuff I purchased was before the account wide unlock system was released. Heck, a lot of it was still when the GUI was in its old form (could not change colors of factions, etc)
  13. Problem Officer

Dat understatement.
    THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN EXACTLY 0 WHINING ABOUT ANY OF THIS,
    HAD SOE STAFF NOT BEEN BAKED AS BURNT TOAST.
    • Up x 1
  14. BiggLou55

It looks like there is a bug in the returns... People seem to be getting Certs when they have not spent anything, and people are getting the certs on EVERY character they have regardless of server and empire...

I only got my daily certs, but I know others who've gotten quite a bit...

Edit: I will also mention that I have spent quite a bit of money on this game and I do not feel this is fair to return Certs for SC Purchases when there is no way for me to convert SC to Certs... SOE has now made this a Pay to Win game for those that have spent money on the game on a server other than their primary... Those that spent the money knew what they were doing (for the most part) when they spent the money, and I do think SOE should be returning Certs for spent SC....
  15. JonboyX

Quick survey; those that seem to have gotten cert bonuses appear to have logged on before 6.30pm BST - not sure how that equates across the European continent at the minute (sorry). Can anyone else confirm / contest this?
  16. AnotherNoob

Some people in my outfit said most of them had received certs, but I didn't when logging in later, which might be the case (I logged in at about 19:40 GMT+1
  17. BiggLou55

Well.. Those on our TeamSpeak that received Certs have been logging in over the past hour (1:00am-12:00pm PDT)....
  18. Kubor

Something is definitely not right here.

I have gained 9,000 certs from the last patch.

I do have a few very low BR characters on various servers, but no way have those characters earned 9,000 certs between them, let alone enough to spend on duplicate weapons and cosmetics.

Like many people, I have bought most weapons with SC and used certs on my main TR character to develop it with.
  19. Malsvir Vishe

QQ the people who spent money and are getting a refund are getting upper level stuff earlier than me!

That's all I see.
    • Up x 1
  20. CHDT65

"I do have a few very low BR characters on various servers, but no way have those characters earned 9,000 certs between them, let alone enough to spend on duplicate weapons and cosmetics.

Like many people, I have bought most weapons with SC and used certs on my main TR character to develop it with."

Like you, but I didn't get anything = lottery !