Where did these certs come from?!

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ProfGiggles, Apr 10, 2013.

1. ProfGiggles

Ok. So for some reason I seem to have recieved 7000 cert points during the server maintenance just now.
    This quite frankly puts me in a bit of a dilemma. On one hand I'd like to spend them! I mean I can basically get every upgrade I ever desired, but on the other hand this takes a part of the game out of it, which is earning these things with play time and experience.

As I'm not sure what to do with them yet (I most likely won't keep them if permitted, but I haven't decided yet) I'm making this thread. I'll also submit a ticket just to make sure my backside is covered on this.

In the meantime I'd like to know: What would you do if you suddenly had 7000 certs?
  2. tenzenator

it's their fault, not yours, so. feel free to use them imo.
  3. FlippyWarbear

Uh... yeah... I logged in just a moment ago and I used to have something in between 8000-8500 certs and now I have 10400-something. I then checked my alt characters and they too had received additional 2000 certs each. And Im not the only one, some outfit friends of mine received extras too. Not to forget that warpgate yell was filled with people who had the same "incident". ;)

Would like to know asap what is this supposed to be, an error, a compensation or what?
  4. AtlasBB89

Max out the Armour slots on each infantry class. Get the nasty but useful things out of the way

PS - Did you buy multiple similar items on different characters...Maybe it's a cert reimbursement for buying the same thing on different toons?
  5. shd

Haha i seem to get every god damn bug people report on these forums.

But ofc this is the one i manage to avoid :p
  6. Psikonomikal

Yeah...I have no clue what might have caused this, but I definitely have a massive number of certs on my main TR and my secondary NC character. Can't check my VS because of Helios's weird lock. I suspect it's something to either do with a glitch, or some sort of refunding thing for items bought from multiple characters, which I definitely have for both my NC and TR characters, but not my VS.
  7. XRIST0

I hope i get 7000 certs when i log in lol
  8. ProfGiggles

Oh yeah. I hadn't thought of that. Still though 7000 just seems like such a high amount, and I find it unlikely that I would get this much. I'll have to go over it and calculate a bit.
  9. B0SS

Is this by any chance on the new TEST server?
    cuz test server characters get free 10000 starting certs.
  10. ProfGiggles

Unless Cobalt was made a test server then no. Also I just checked my alts. Seems that all 3 of my characters recieved 7000 certs each.
  11. CHEF

Have you recently blown a developer?
    • Up x 7
  12. Zazen

Well, I didn't buy any redundant items on any of my characters and I got no extra certs or SC on any of them. So, I think the evidence is mounting that it's re-imbursement for account wide redundant purchases in the past.
  13. Lazaruz

Haven't had a chance to log in yet, because of 98%. But I hope these are the cert refunds for multiple items bought before the account wide update, I've been wondering what happened to that stuff since it's been 3 weeks without new info.
  14. Grubfist

I put in a ticket about this. This is the response I got:

• Up x 2
  15. Nahwel

Could this be a reimbursement for the players who bought weapons the day of the patch and then the weapons disappeared?
  16. o.Solei.o

Did they take the login server back down since you guys checked, 'cause I can't even get in. :(

EDIT: Derp, after so long trying, I post this and BAM, logged in. :/
  17. gualty

When i logged off yesterday i had less than 4k certs on my Cobalt char.
    After patch, i have 29k.

Should i miss some kind of bingo with 25k certs as prize?

Seriously, i'm too old and serious to keep my mouth shut and having fun with all those certs, not my style.

So, if this is a bug, it sounds fine to ask for details...if not..wow i win! :confused:
    • Up x 1
  18. 5kyn3t

Aye same here....
  19. crayy

It should be for having bought the same stuff twice before the account unlocks. Like buying an ns annihilator on both a tr and nc toon. Unless I'm wrong
  20. x7xBillyDaKidx7x

Yeah i seem to have come in second place . Not as foryunate as that many certs but i got quite a few . Did they make so u can now play one character on all servers and give me refund on my stuff that i have duplicates of or whats is the deal ?