When will Planetside 2 come out for Mac?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EchoGeneral, Dec 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lacho

so how are you running it through OSX?
  2. Bigpaly

What engine are you running it through or system
  3. Bigpaly

What system or engine are you running it through and it there any lag
  4. MeveM

Don't release it for Mac, Apple stop us from using their products properly on a PC, so why should PC products be put on their ****?
  5. Monnor

Why should macdonalds be involved to this game ?
  6. 5awyer

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN IT WILL BE OUT ON MAC????????????????
  7. Rensius

Yeah guys, the question was: When will Planetside 2 come out for Mac?

SO, stop talking about that pc is better then mac and whatever, stay to the point.
  8. Mister Gee

It might, probably the same way battlefield 2142 did, ie running a modified CIDER (apple's version of WINE) or similar.

As for Mac's running it, on Bootcamp I can play PS2 at 1280x1024 low/medium settings with an INTEL 4000 card at 30-40fps
    It's only the i3 mac pro 13", so with retina screen looks lovely.

I doubt the i5/i7 with NVIDIA cards have any issues at all, and they are in most of the notebooks, so you don't need the big macs.

I agree with not arguing about Windows vs OSX (the Mac is a PC btw -> PC = Personal Computer)
  9. Mperor

If they release a native Mac client I would be very glad but I doubt they will. I have yet not played a Cider version of any game that you can compare to a native version.

In the meantime I enjoy PS2 on my Mac Pro with a GTX680 in Windows 7 via Bootcamp (native client).
  10. NemesisOxide

Hey guys, I'm kinda new to this forum but I still know quite a bit about computing. I currently use an early 2008 MacBook Pro equipped with 4Gb of ram, a 300GB hard drive and Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT graphics. I still consider it fast and I managed to play ArmA 2 free on it at max settings with minimal lag. You may know me as NemesisTechBoy from youtube. Honestly I used parallels to play planet side 2 on medium settings and there was no lag. The frame counter showed an average of 30-60 FPS. If you buy a stock PC and then buy a Mac you'll see what people mean by Mac's are better.
  11. NemesisOxide

Enough of that though because it's completely of target. So let me put this question out 1 last time. When the hell is PLANETSIDE 2 coming out on mac
  12. xwes

How ? I'm using an almost 2 year old 15" macbook pro with windows 7 bootcamped.. Before the last GU I was getting 17-21fps in battle.. Now its like 2-5. GPU bottle necked from what I can tell, running everything on ultra low and the GPU still hits 95% +
  13. SomeNobody

oh my god everyone is a hater to apple...
    My Mac is running fine i have many different game files and larger files and its as fast as ever
  14. Oreo202

At this rate, it wont. And that's fine.
  15. ih8Darian2

How much did you spend on that? $2000?
  16. Phrygen

Um? well that was a call out lol.

lets start out with this

Since my purchase in 2008, I upgraded this Box with:
    -crucial m4 256g SSD (which hold both OSX and Win 7 OS)
    -AMD radeon 6870 1g
    -upgared to 14 gigs of 800 DDR2 FDIMM ram

I run PS2 on Low settings with 90% render at 1680 x 1080

without those upgrades, the box could not run PS2. As for settings, i can run on full low and full ultra regardless and i will basicly get the same FPS of between 20-30 in most situations. However i will drop down to 15 or even ten frames on ultra when flying or in highly active fights much faster than if i were on low settings. With such low FPS, i find low settings is easier to play on and see. Playing ultra with low FPS can be very difficult. Basically, i am heavily CPU bound regardless of what i do to the settings, and i just find it easier to see things, operate etc with low settings. Also, its not 2 years old, its closer to 6.

As for not beleiving me and demanding a video...
    1: why would I lie?
    2: what am i gaining by proving anything?

and finally. why necro this?
  17. DG-MOD-20

I'm locking this thread now. Please try to keep conversations constructive and respectful.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.