When did the Combat Medic become an issue?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Eclipson, Sep 3, 2013.

1. LazerusQAI

the worst thing that i have seen with medics is, that they can revive very very fast while moving and wearing NW.
    As mentioned in the Infiltrator topics, the worst fight was two Rams50 Snier against two of these medics.
    We needed two hits for them because of NW - in theory no problem...the hard part was...they do not want to stop moving.
    One down - the second start running around the corpse, jumping etc. in the time we had loaded our second bullets...the guy was allready alive again :(

Immediately remembered me of the BF Medic...LMG and Revive tool, lucky for us that they cant carry a LMG here...or is the Assault rifle worse? i dont know.
    The fact that made me like the "corpse trap" there as a sniper, was the "headshot kill" thing.
    Shot one guy in the chest so that he is "downed" but not dead, so he can get revived.
    Medic runs in - headshot. He was dead. completely dead, no revive for him.
    And as far as i remember, they could not run around while reviving.
    *sigh* i wish i could hack things from 4m away while moving.

Its just my opinion, but i think they should tweak the death-revive mechanic a bit.
    Reviving is way to fast in my opinion, they can use it from behind cover from i think max 4m away, while moving...feels far to powerfull.
    It removes a lot of teamplay potential. You dont need to care about the enemy, as long as there is a medic behind you. He will revive you over and over again. It feels like it needs some tweaks. As long as the medic is alive, the "camp" will stay forever.
    But how to tweak it? i can imagine only three ways.
    - Either remove the ability to move while reviving (or make them slower),
    - The ability to kill with high caliber bullets (sniper-headshot, tanks, rockets, grenades) -> my favourite, BLOW THEM INTO PIECES
    - Or a limit of how many times you can get revived - maybe even as a suit slot that increases the number.

But i think everyone thinks different about a class.
    Some infiltrators dont like the Sniper or Cloak, but some like it and switch to CQB
    Some players think that the medic is fine, some think that he is broken
    Some players dont like the Allrounder HA or LA, but some like it
    thats a problem, there is always a black and a white faction when it comes to balancing and broken things. no one knows who is the one with the right opinion.
    In general, i would love to see more tweaks around all classes